Small feature megathread

There’s a missing wire on Box that feels like a mistake missed by mappers. It usually means arrival is out of power.

i.imgur. com/ClGcyCd.jpg

True, the wax made from crafted honeycombs def could use some more fluff.

I feel like apids should get more than just two gimmicks lmao.

port instruments from fulp?
also their sound system is pure ear candy

1 Like

As part of the (hopefully) upcoming cargo department and economy rework, I’d like to offer an incentive for someone to fill out a bounty:

• Separate the individual bounties into departmental categories (this can be color-coded in the terminal GUI, ex. red background for security items, purple background for science items, etc.).

• Successful bounties now do two things: adds money to cargo’s funds like it does now and pays a lump salary bonus to the department that bounty is categorized for.

The idea is that you incentivize the crew to help cargo by helping themselves. The crew has some personal funds to make orders or buy from vending machines.

1 Like

Apids need to be harmless to bees. Right now they are not. Also, Wax walls would be nice, they would break easily, 2-3 from a welder or 5-6 from blunt/sharp.

2 Likes

Maybe bee species?

Bumblebee is more tanky but does less damage

Honeybee can softcrit someone with a venom that produces histamine in the body and compromises breathing but the bee instantly enter softcrit.

Carpenter bee can produce more stuff but is weak to more damage.

2 Likes

Apid is Bee species already.

Nurse Joy outfit for CMO.

2 Likes

don’t you mean nurse joy? and wouldn’t it make more sense if all of med wore it?

You can actually do the “Nurse Joy” look if you try hard enough…but i am now disturbed as to why Doctor_Ape would ask for that specifically.

Because I referenced it in the AI sidechick thread.

pretty sure he means sub categories for apids.

no i think they mean subcategories of actual bees

2 Likes

Talking about it on discord, but I think Sleeping Carp could benefit from a couple additions to it. Making more worth someone’s TCs. Give it a defensive stance mode.

• Brute damage turns into stamina damage
  • Ranged immunity while throw is active
  • Increased resistance to stuns
  • 50 to 75% chance to block melee.
    While in defensive stance it means that a carp user can actually fight more than two people at once. Riot Shield and Baton is still a direct counter to it. Pepper spray, flashes and flashbangs, snares, and bolas are still usable. Being able to swap from defensive to offensive or vice versa is a great idea.

:sob:
I just like sleeping carp alright.

As a sleeping carp user you have the advantage of looking perfectly normal despite having the powers. This means that you can always engage someone in a 1v1 because you choose when the fight starts.

if you try 2v1 and lose, or fight against people with batons or something, it’s your own fault.

Protip, sleeping carp is best used for defense. it offers some nice melee stuff but the best use is just deflecting shit and attacking by throwing instead. Stuff your boh full of bolas, spears and hatchets and laugh as you win firefights.

Shock Touch should be able to defib people if dead

4 Likes

DOCTOR HIS HEART HAS STOPED
yeets patient into an electrified door
my job here is done

3 Likes

Can we add other animals to the bio generator. Monley meat gets annoying to clean up with all the other organs and as a chef i want to feed the crew beef.

1 Like