Sleeper could use a nerf

there has been talk of making it work like a chem dispenser

1 Like

yeah do that, but a lower maximum charge and maybe not instant chemical application

1 Like

Tbh sleeper could just be removed.
Either that or make chemistry have to fill in the chems.

3 Likes

just remove sleepers. why do they still are real …

3 Likes

remove medbay and replace it with a bag full of bombs and stetchkins chems and surgical tools

every department gets one (1) surgical table and you cannot make more surgical tools

revival is done by injecting 10u of epinephrine into a dead corpse

1 Like

I say the Sleeper should create an “environment” around the inhabitant instead of injecting chemicals, meaning that the medic cannot just place someone in the sleeper, inject some quick drugs, then let the patient on their merry way. It also means the medics can only use it to fix one patient at a time, meaning multiple patients will require other means.

2 Likes

My plan has the sleeper, stasis beds and cryo machine merged into the same machine, with the finished machine most closely resembling cryo in functionality and appearance.

Sleepers provide on-demand, decently tuned control of (depending on upgrades) a potentially wide assortment of reagents in infinite supply.

Cryo provides uncontrolled dosing and duplication of reagents placed inside of it and it is very dangerous to use anything with an overdose threshold in cryo because even though you only put 10u in, the patient can easily end up dosed with 35u of that substance. Also for some reason they explicitly require atmospheric oxygen to be hooked up in order to function.

Stasis beds remove any and all sense of urgency for an indefinite amount of time.

Current planned machine will:

• Be manually loaded with chems, including being able to interface with plumbing
  • Provide fine tuned dosing of the supplied reagents, similar to sleepers
  • Be able to put patients into stasis (with cryoxadone, which will no longer be a cure-all) without enabling stasis-surgery
  • Be able to handle blood filtering and transfusions, provided appropriate blood is on-hand.
  • Will not require atmospherics piping to function, including the O2 tank. If there’s breathable air on the machine tile, there’s breathable air.

Aren’t you planning on adding permadeath upon brain death? Have you considered that these two things paired together could make the game simply worse to play? As in it just wouldn’t be fun for anyone? God help the chemist that doesn’t rush cryoxadone round start.

2 Likes

Yes I have, but I’m not ready to publicly address my solution to it yet.

Will tease by saying permadeath and round removal aren’t going to be synonymous anymore.
No I won’t elaborate beyond that, have fun speculating. :slightly_smiling_face:

What?
…What?

You do get how that makes no sense when you say it out loud right?? They mean the exact same thing.
If this is about you adding more ghost roles, respawning as a ghost role isn’t preventing ‘permadeath’ your original character is still very dead

I’m a bit confused lad

5 Likes

If medical wasn’t stressful enough.

3 Likes

Agreed… I hope you know what you are doing by removing stasis and adding “character removal” (?) timers… Medbay being overworked or inexperienced could cause a wave of unnecessary round ends…

Round end shouldn’t necessarily be negated… but frankly… the ghost/observer experience on bee is shit in its current state and attempts to address this have fallen flat due to sever fear of griefing or just not registered.

I’m going to branch this off into another post tho so I don’t clog this one with off topic.

3 Likes

PSA, NT recomends you check in with and recive a bio-scan of yourself for cloning purposes, in the event of catastrophic events leading to your untimely demise.

Also, afterlife bar?

I think at this point @Ruko you’ve got the community very divided in regards to your medbay rework solely thanks to the few crumbs of bread you’ve shared, i’m looking forward and hoping for a very active and open feedback thread considering some stuff you’ve mentioned are the same you did these past months and they’ve had different type of feedback (For example your stasis-cryo-sleeper tank) and of course mostly because reworking the way chems/injuries/infrastructure/etc is a big thing.

Going back to Miriam thread, i 100% agree that one of the main reasons i’ve switched to play paramedic was how the medical doctor got overshadowed by the sleeper/2000 patches of synthflesh from the factory, luckily one of those things has been adressed already

The way sleeper works could benefit if it was refillable and limited, i think you Ruko tried to do a PR that was similar on that concept and Heepox mentioned it too

I personally would like for Stasis to stay, on once side they make sense sci-fi wise just the same as the tubes and if suddenly those cryo-stasis-sleeper becomes the only thing and are randomly limited (possibly thanks to a tech and space) i can already see piles decaying on situations where we had a lot of inputs of dead bodies flowing (nukies, murderboner, vines,blob, virus you name it) and it feels cool to say ‘‘PUT THAT ONE ON THE STASIS, TAKE THAT ONE TO SURGERY, THAT ONE TO CRYO’’ whenever there’s an emergency lol, besides that i like how you’ve explained some stuff Ruko, i’m just a fan of good ol’ Stasis

Edit: Also something important that i realized after reading other comments:
At the same time i’ll like to add as someone who’s med main and has experienced different situations over the years… If we take into a consideration that we’re a beginner server getting rid of Stasis will ultimately make a lot of bodies rot, if we have three doctors and two of them are new-ish (not taking into account if the med rework was introduced) some of them really take their time and there’s situaton where they need to be helped and explained how to do X and Y, i wouldn’t like to be on the dead-side and see how my body rots, being a new player and someone taking his time to explain is absolutely okay, however if we lack the infraestructure to threat a big influx of dead bodies the formula will equal to… pissed people, more work to do, complains and possibly end up on putting even a more prejudice on newer docs for not ‘‘knowing how to do it quick’’ which would lead to toxicity and blahblah, hope i made myself clear with this newbie scenario on the absence of a medium like stasis bed

2 Likes

I just brought that up in Bacon’s suggestions thread week ago. I have no idea why we didn’t get through with sleeper removal even though we were going in that direction strongly.
Well, don’t want to repeat myself constantly so you can just read my quote from mentioned thread which actually refers (and links) to my other posts in thread made by Ruko about mentioned stasis-cryo-sleeper thingy so if anyone is interested you can dive into it

Continue the removal of sleepers. We were in a process of doing that at some point and then in a middle of slowly getting people used to that idea and introducing stasis beds we suddenly halted. Doctos are currently well used to all sort of wound treating surgeries, I don’t think there’s any benefit from having sleepers around. We can still remain the ability to build them later in the round. Also when pools were introduced I came up with idea of having small pools that could be used as chambers with specific chems, that would at least require some maintenance from doctors-monitoring chem levels, putting internals on people so they wouldn’t drown, taking them out in time, yet would allow some elasticity-preparing specific chem combos, adapting them to the situation, and since temperature in pools is controllable we could add more chems over time that work in certain temperatures.

1 Like

You are right. We need to lock the sleeper’s access to CMO only.

In all seriousness though, I do agree it needs some sort of nerf.

2 Likes

Just axe them already.

5 Likes

The BeeStation development cycle:

1./tg/station does a controversial change.
2. BeeStation players refuse it to out of spite.
3. Said change ends up being positive for the game.
2 year time skip
4. Turns out the change was actually good, can we have it please?

5 Likes

You forgot a step:
5. All the players that left tg over the change and have been dragging Bee down all this time start screaming and rioting because the server wants to improve.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.