Sage
Ban Type:
Temporary
Ban Length:
7 Days
Ban Date (4/20/2021) 7:44 PM EST:
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Powergaming/Self-antagonism. Used a flamethrower because they wanted to defend a player and themselves. No.
Appeal Reason:
ERT were deployed and harming the Captain, of which there were two; the Cat captain being a cat was the one I sided against, as my character is anti-xenos. When the Captain wasn’t resisting and the ERT continued to attempt to presumably arrest him/kill him, I opened fire with my flamethrower, which I had because of my candle sect requiring me to burn corpses to sacrifice. I presumably did not do any damage as the ERT crit me promptly after firing; and I got bwoinked as they dragged me away. Half-way to (jail?) my game crashed and I was banned before I could reconnect.

As a general rule non-combat personnel are to flee from combat; in my opinion this is both a special case as the injured party was the Captain of the station; as well as the fact that a Chaplain regardless of station type or race begins play with a powerful melee weapon, that being the null-rod and it’s variants. The Chaplain additionally is expected to use this against Cultists in the event that it occurs, which means to me that they are not in the same boat as a janitor or medical doctor when faced with combat.

As to the ‘self-antagonism’, I don’t see how defending the Captain is anything but the opposite, true ERT may be admin-spawned from an OOC perspective; but loyalty is to the Captain, not to NANOTRASEN (In practice not in space legality). I would expect people to react identically if they found security pummeling an apparent innocent Head.

Additional Information:
The ban-note doesn’t contain the proper context and a ‘no’ is juvenile and pointless to add on; what is it even supposed to mean.

My ban may fully be warranted, however given the loss of connection mid-PMs I was not able to get a full explanation and from my perspective it is not.

I was the Admiral in the ERT for that round… The actual captain wasn’t being assault. HoP was mutineering against Kayle because of supposed dereliction of duty among other things. I was actually watching the majority of it unfolding which made me dispatch said team.

All that is beside the point… you were a Chaplain on the Bridge… trying to defend the Captain… with a flamethrower?

The, HoP Captain i guess, wanted me on the bridge to begin with, but yes with a flamethrower it’s all I had on hand.

Also thought the HoP was original captain due to being human.

1 Like

Given the ban I would say the strategy certainly did not.

It’s only a week at the end of the day I just legitimately feel I shouldn’t have been banned.

If you don’t understand why burning an area filled with players with a plasma fire is bad, the ban stays. It is not acceptable.

I believe he is referring to the fact you, as a non antag, had a flamethrower on you in the first place.
Let alone using it to spray the spicy ignited plasma around.

Agree here.

Look at his forum profile picture.

Dudes roleplaying as a Warhammer 40k Sisters of Battle with the fire religion as chaplain. It makes sense why he would have a flamethrower when his entire religion ingame as lorewise revolves around burning the mutant, the heretic and the xenos. That might not make murdering people ruleconforming (which he did not from what I read) but it explains him having a flamethrower.

Just to hammer in that flames and flamethrowers are a big part of his roleplay; Have some quotes:

" By bolter shell, flamer burst and melta blast, the mutant, the heretic and the traitor alike are cleansed of their sin of existence. So has it been for five millennia, so shall it be unto the end of time.

• Words of Devotion, Verses IV-V, Chapter X, Volume LII"

" Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver it to them."

9 Likes

Do you guys remember when flamethrowers used to fire in semi straight lines and didn’t heat up the entire room? Fastmos kinda ruined it.

5 Likes

Detective @Doctor_Ape on the case!

You should add the fact that from some peoples perspective it was a chaotic green shift.

Multiple captains, mutiny, executions left and right, borgs ignoring law 2 and kidnap the captain and an ERT came to arrest half of the command to question them.

Yes, some people who sided with a captain were gulaged or executed and it was not a big secret.

I needed it to set corpses on fire for the sect ritual, I only learned after the fact how to do it with a welder and alcohol. Besides that both versions of the Captain approved my request for the flamethrower IC.

But yes I was not confident in my ability to take down the ERT team and save the Captain (HoP) with a null rod so I used the flamethrower.

1 Like