Ban Type:
temporary
Ban Length:
7 days
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022/11/19
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
rule 9, apparently i forcefed people some modified omega weed.
Appeal Reason:
It seems like a stretch to call this self antag. Yes, as botanist i am going to grow drugs and distribute them. the only time i can think of that i “force fed” someone was when i told someone its time for medicine. Really difficult to " force feed " someone when they can literally move to cancel the action. I did distribute the drugs, of course, by leaving them all over. I don’t see how this is LRP when you look at the overall state of the station and everything going on. ive literally died from botany plants that were labeled “do you dare touch grass” that instantly killed me, i laughed and moved on. Someone got so salty over the weed i grew that had ALL harmful chems removed ( i didnt realize that the concenttrations of the drugs left in were harmful, skill issue i guess. i dont know the OD numbers, guess i have to check now for everything i damn make) kind of sad getting a week ban for playing as a botanist and just making something i thought would be non harmful and funny, guess someone disagrees with that. I made this ban appeal to point out just how ridiculous this ban is, im fine to wait it out, but both players and admins REALLY need to take a step back and realize that sometimes a gimmick is just a gimmick, and not meant to be taken so seriously. Out of all the things to be banned for, this seems pretty ridiculous.
Additional Information:
whoever made that player report lives in a salt mine

You might want to brace yourself for what is considered to be poor conduct in general here:

The goal of our server is to immerse players in a fictional universe, enabling them to roleplay with each other.

You’re a professional working for a major corporation. Act like you want to keep your job.

These are not quoted from the self-antag rule, but from the roleplaying one, which is what I think you’re actually in violation of from the sound of things

Just because it is simple to resist doesn’t make it any less forced - hitting a player with a toolbox is also “easily” avoided and fixed for example.

If you choose to look the other way instead of helping to maintain server standards by reporting things that are out of line with intended player behavior, that’s on you. Your failure to report other actions doesn’t make you any less responsibile for your own contrubutions to making the server a worse place.

Additionally, not all admin intervention is visible - in fact it’s generally a goal to try to hide admin intervention because it can frequently disrupt round flow or immersion.

Any server is a place for people to have fun within that server’s rules. If you are having fun at the expense of others by breaking the rules, they are not the person at fault.

Everyone has their own way of enjoying the game, and there’s a plethora of servers with different rulesets to serve those diverse playstyles. If your idea of a good time is in conflict with the rules of the server you are currently on… maybe try another instead of deflecting on the person reporting you?

I’m not an admin, but I hope this can help change your perspective a bit.

3 Likes

Actual ban reason, there are no questions about self-antag, so most of your appeal is off-topic:

The rest of your appeal focuses on your perceived state of the servers combined with anecdotes of people interacting poorly with you or violating the rules.

I banned you here, nobody else, I don’t care about any of this here, I only care about you and your behaviour.

Ruko made some relevant remarks here, I would adress them if I were you and then reply to my message.

Right now, I do not see any reasons to lift this early.

Feeding people potentially lethal plants and then dropping them all over the station along with the occasional bluespace plant isn’t a ““gimmick”” that’s appropriate here. In addition to what’s already been said your overall conduct on the server has been somewhat poor, please take the time to read our rules and make a reasonable effort to follow them more closely.

This ban expires today (might already have by now?) and seems reasonable to me, don’t see any reason not to deny this.

As said by Tyran, no reasons to lift this or reword the reason were provided.
Don’t do this again.
Appeal denied