Should we buff explo assassination targets?

Running away is not fun gameplay in most scenarios.

Encouraging targets to cripple people and essentially ruin their rounds is not good.

The issue is not targets dying to the explorers. It is them being shitstomped by fauna before the explorers even find them.

1 Like

Running into fauna, getting cornered and dying is not fun gameplay either. Are the assassination targets supposed to be target practice dummies running in circles in one room / lying dead after encountering mobs? Going into space or deconstructing walls to move rooms is a better strategy, also makes the explorers put some effort into finding the target.

Losing as an assassination target is simply a skill issue, except when you are literally spawnkilled by fauna. You can set ambushes, throw bodies, or simply steal the explorer’s ship. Also the stun baton is a great weapon that can be used to basically instant win provided you’ve got less than two explorers after you, and if there’s more, simply break them up, then disguise yourself as the one you’ve killed.

A good strategy is to make an office chair out of metal, then drag a body/trap a stunned explorer in it and use them to tank the shots from the other explorers. I’ve also tried making reflectors, but that’s had less success.

Of course the other problem is that you wind up in a situation wherein the explorers will know more about the station you’ve canonically been living on for the past several years by virtue of seeing it when docking their ship, while you’re going in completely blind, maybe if you got a map or something things could be more interesting.

2 Likes

this thread is quite literally about them being spawnkilled by fauna

I have never seen an explo target spawn in a room with mobs, probably because unlucky spawn points get the target killed before a player assumes control of it? If you get “spawnkilled” by those mobs, you probably made a conscious decision to move towards those mobs.

I’d argue spawning in a room completely surrounded by mobs is equally as bad as being spawnkilled by them.

Perhaps it could be somehing it would be tweaked code-wise? I’m sure there must be something that can make the spawn only occur on place where there are no creatures near (though some mobs have some very weird aggro range, like the monsters from the cult portal a.k.a pink fella, morph fella and mi-go) maybe something similar to the code the abductors got introduced to prevent teleporting in the line of sight of a target

I do remember we had an issue where the human spawned in an out of air area and died instantly but it got a little bit tweaked and it doesn’t happen much anymore

Also, if i have to say, plasmaflooding the explorer ship is super lame and straight up ruins the round for up to 3 people for the sake of ‘‘winning’’ alongside also fucking your only possible way back to station/somewhere else

I dont mind the assassination target gets better tools or weapons. The target needs an objective clearly stating to survive and find a way off of the derelict. Instead of just ‘plasmaflood grief explorer for the funny’.
Explorer mobs being harder to deal with would be alright if anyone is bothered to rescue and doesn’t take over an hour for it to happen unlike mining.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.