Should suicide bombing be forbidden?

Skill issue, Ided, and perhaps even saltpost.

Really though - it does just feel shitty to have war nukies just get instantly dunked. Warops usually end up with a few people running at nukies with a TTV bomb in hand, and everyone else gets either caught in the explosion, or get cucked from doing any combat.

I hate it as a crew member too. The entire crew is armed, ready to fight nukies, only for them to just eat shit and not do any fighting at all thanks to someone who ran in with a TTV and suicide bombed. By the way - it doesnt matter how much crew they killed. If they kill a nukie, they wont get bwoinked, even if like 10 crewmembers got caught in the blast.

TLDR: Instant win button, makes a few gamemodes unfun and boring. Give opinions.

5 Likes

As a note, if we’re talking about RP, you should in general seek to at least try to stay alive, and suicide bombing makes it seem quite ironic.

I would understand as the ultimate last resort on cult or blob, as a example, but using it as a normal weapon to use anytime you are allowed to is cringe.

I agree that it’s the lamest thing… though i believe this to be an issue with antagonists having “objectives” in general. Just because you need to kill that assistant i don’t think you should maxcap the shuttle… just feels cheap to me.
My personal solution would be to get rid of objectives entirely, and change gamemodes so that objectives aren’t win conditions.
Killing all heads when a revolution happens just, sucks imo. Isn’t it more fun to start a new regime? a new chain of command/elections or whatever? doesn’t that offer more roleplay?? idk

6 Likes

If you don’t like being bombed just control access to toxins

When it gets to the point where rules allow you to TTV suicide bomb AA is being handed out freely or you can break in without OOC consequences.

1 Like

They should get bwoinked.

People have talked about it before but most people think Families is a better, RP-focused version of Revs. I’ve never played families or looked at their wiki page so I can’t say if I agree or not, but if its what I think it is I’m pretty down for adding that instead of revs tbh

ehhh, they are about the same. But they don’t really change the fundamental issue i have with those gamemodes. Gangs was a bit more open ended, you can probably rework it into a decent gamemode. maybe i’ll try to change them once i’m done with my current projects

1 Like

I might’ve mixed up gangs and families, unsure

I think suicide bombing should only be allowed if they have the “glorious death” objective

Wouldn’t go that far. Threatening to use an implant or bomb if, say, sec doesnt comply with your demands should always be viable

3 Likes

I did ahelp it.
I counted the damage.
8+ Crew dead (A few instant death, several in deep crit and died seconds after), all of cargo obliterated, one nukie casualty.

My ahelp got wordlessly “Ahelp rejected.”. Yes, wordlessly.

2 Likes

Nice anecdotal evidence bro

Even if this was true, 8 to 1 is a good trade

The fundamental problem here is a tdm gamemode

1 Like

The nukie round happened yesterday. If you really care so much I can try to get a admin to bring up the logs.

But that is beside the point anyways. Suicide bombing is cancerous in general.

Absolutely agree, elchorico this is the main problem. Such a gamemode will always result in these kind of 0rp gaming moments.
As i have already stated, I’ll work on a revs-rework based on bays revs. Within a month or so it will be coded, at least based on my current schedule.
If we really want to fix nukies, bay has some similar gamemodes that dont involve murdering everyone.

2 Likes

If YOU really care so much YOU should provide the logs for YOUR argument.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

ah ah iphone user :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: :rofl:
(i am very elitist)

would’ve been a good idea if there were any RPers on bee.

2 Likes

Late.

I hate all bombing. Suicide bombing is just the worst of it. Bombs are shit coming from antags, only creating work for engis and resultng in cheap death or job loss otherwise. Bombs coming from crew have a tendency to destroy cults, nukies, etc.

It’s just the 0 effort button. You can either pvp and roll the die on who has the stronger shit because ss13 combat is hell, or you can press the bomb button and skip all of it. I don’t even like bombs but I’d still press the button.

1 Like