Shark-sie Admin application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Shark-sie, McREE is an alt but I havent played it in years or on Bee

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Happy_Never_After#7540 / Shark-sis

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): I play pretty much every day, between 6 and 10 pm EST. This can obviously vary a bit with work.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I am a very observant, and no-nonsense type of person when it comes to discipline. I like to make friends, but I hate being lied to or fucked with. LRP has been quite wild lately, even some of my actions included. A no-nonsense person would be good for business, so to speak.

How old are you?: 22

Why do you want to be an admin?: I have done my best with the bee community to be better for you guys than I have for others, and honestly a lot of you guys are actually awesome. I am sure if you asked Yogs or TG to speak up for me, they wouldnt have great opinions, but I havent made much of an attempt to fix my reputation on either server. The admin team is worn thin right now, and you guys deserve better than what youve been getting.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Years, first connection was in April 2017 I believe. Since then, ive put somewhere between 1500 and 2000 hours into the game, its hard to measure between the servers.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: The better part of three months now, if im not mistaken. 128 hours of game time, 110 of those being living.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 8, there is still more for me to learn as I am sure everyone HAS to say, the game is so incredibly complex. I am decent at combat when my connection to bee is stable, I can work my way around a breach, I can refill atmos (still cant plasma flood never bothered to learn how MurderAI.Exe belongs in the trash), I know space law almost to the letter, Chain of Command is brain dead easy, you know the drill.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 5, I would say I have a strong intuition for whats wrong and whats right, and I memorize the rules fairly well. I have broken enough of them in my time in SS13 to have plenty of ear-fulls about what you should and shouldnt be doing in-game. I think compared to what I WAS in 2017, I have a much better grasp on escalation, and how to properly treat each-other in the bounds of the game.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Not specifically an admin, no. Lots of twitch moderator experience, I was employed as a Supervisor and Trainer for 3 years, I know the rundown on teaching and helping others. I would need to be taught buttons, and probably need some help outlining fitting punishments but I catch on quickly.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: McREE but I dont play it, ever.

Your strengths: As I stated earlier, no-nonsense, VERY observant. If I had to put a stat on it, 10 Perception (FO nerds) or 18-20 Wisdom (DnD chads)

Your weaknesses: My escalation reasoning has often been iffy, sometimes the mental gymnastics done to justify things work in MY head, because I am observant and notice shit that other people wouldnt give a second thought to. However that profile is not always correct, or doesn’t translate well into action because it is still just a profile. Like a detective acting on their hunch, rather than evidence. This obviously needs to be checked to be an admin.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Like above, I hate being lied to. But I wont be mad at you, ill be disappointed and I WILL call you out. Im not going to rage-ban you, but if what youre saying is not adding up I wont be doing you any favors.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience. Team cohesion is great, knowledge is too. But if you arent patient, you will be pushed until you break and when you do youll ruin someones day.

What makes a staff team good?: Cohesion, if everyone is on the same page then it is very hard to argue with their rulings or pit them against each other.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To keep the game +FUN for everyone. At the end of the day, SS13 is a game. The intended outcome is enjoyment. Staff exists to snuff out the people who enjoy ruining other peoples enjoyment. This is not the place for that behavior.

What kind of player are you?: I was a security main, and I feel like a damn good one at it. Now, I play medical and assistant depending on whether I want combat or to be helpful. Although, on Bee, MD can easily fit both of those roles.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I will need to check myself constantly to ensure I remain level headed, and keep my patience because each person I interact with will likely be a new person who deserves their fair share of the patience. People can do wrong, but be reasoned with and even sometimes apologize when you reason with them.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: This is a highly dependent scenario. Obviously as a non-antagonist, the clown shouldnt be AIMING for his gun, so if he slips and strips Mr. HoSie-poo, the clowns done a big no-no and the gun needs to be warped back to the locker, the HoS subtlemessaged, and the clown warned against such behavior, note if he has previous borderline behavior notes. If the gun was in the HoS’s hand and he lost it, its fair game no matter the clowns status, I teleport it back to the locker and leave it be. It IS an objective and I personally would talk to the clown about being careful what they do with highly valuable items, but a first-offence as the clown in this situation is not note-worthy I feel. After all, what self-respecting clown WOULDNT take the opportunity to cuck the HoS like that, knowing full well he will not live to tell the tale?

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: A-prison immediately, followed by the obvious disconnect and ding-dong bannu. This player is most likely a griefer, and should be approached carefully. I would ticket them, expecting some kind of non-caring response, but try to coax their reasoning out of them. If theyre receptive to a chat, I would inform them that their actions severely deteriorate the experience for other players, and they should try to find other ways to have fun. If theyre unapologetic, perma-ban with instructions to appeal so they have time to reflect, if theyre apologetic with no previous notes a 7 day ban is plenty of time to reflect and recoup.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: IC Issue. We all make mistakes. I am certain he wont make the same mistake twice, nothing is permanently lost here, only his pride.

This made me chuckle out loud. Wheeze. Also i’m surprised no one posted or anythin’ on this for 2 hours.

Anyways, cowabunga time.

• LRP. IPC Quartermaster goes to space with a fellow felinid Clown. They arrive on the derelict. Felinid clown finds the EMP grenade and accidentally triggers it in its hand, and due to clumsiness, blows up on its hands. IPC QM was in range of the blast, and after being stunned for a handful of seconds and suffering SERIOUS burn damage, decides to stun, cuff and space the clown without a suit, killing them. Wat do?

• MRP. Captain installs TYRANT lawset on AI. Captain gets robusted by a esword wielding traitor. AI now follows whatever orders the Traitor says. Okay? Not okay? Bad? Good?

• LRP. A crewmember spends an antag token on Space Ninja, and uses it to exclusively powergame and murderbone, effectively killing 70% of the crew and forcing a shuttle call, but recalls it only ONE time and sets alert to green. Wat do? Anything wrong?

Edit: wrote felinid cargonian instead of clown. Unbased me.

1: a full killing in this instance is understandable, but unnecessary. Its over-escalation even for low roleplay, because that clown is almost certainly NOT coming back. Because the actions are pretty much all IC, I wouldn’t tp or revive the clown, but I would educate him on clumsiness and IPC ion, then ticket the QM to inquire why he would full kill and space someone who didn’t try to fully kill him while he was stunned. If hes understanding, he gets a slap on the wrist with a light note about over escalation. If hes defensive, or refuses to admit any fault, I’ll leave a day ban his lap instructing him to reflect on the escalation rules and the use of communication.

2: Tyrant specifically tells you to protect the strong until they are weak. The captain proved weak, and thus no longer deserves AI protection under tyrant, and power now transfers to the Traitor. The AI of course can always deem itself the most powerful being, rightfully so, but in a strict interpretation the AI is acting as tyrant allows.

3: depending on his objective, this could be bad. If his objective is to protect a certain crew, and hes murderboned, I would instruct him to finish that objective next time, read the rules and council rulings on antagonists and murderbone, note the incident and move on. If he has notes that imply he should know this rule, especially having used a token, i will give him a couple day server ban, he had his fun at everyone elses expense and probably should’ve known better.
If his objective is to kill x and that was done in the process, he hasnt shuttle ping ponged, crew will just have to deal with their lack of the robust.

has a current ban, and was a sec player prior to this ban.

I respect your opinion; but

I feel that my inability to play security and command does not affect my ability to help the community. I have learned to learn from my mistakes, and in my ban appeal I’ve done my best to relay that to you.

I wont argue for your vote, but I do want others to know that I intend to better myself while I’m here.

Hello BeeStation friends, I bring greetings from YogStation (I’m a Primary Admin there).

Just wanted to let you guys know that Mcree/Sharksie tormented us with his presence for quite some time, and appears to have moved over here since being permabanned on Yogs for a while now. I also wanted to leave these here for your consideration:

Do with this information what you will, but I can personally say that it has been a delight not having Mcree with us anymore. Not sure how well he has been doing over here, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on what I know about this particular player. Good day.

1 Like

Here’s a couple more links to his ban appeals since I could only put two in the first post:

1 Like

Hey Penguin, good to see you! Thanks for posting them, it would be a pain to drag them out myself if asked.

Im sure anyone can agree ive been better here than there, but obviously that is up to their discretion.

Thanks for putting in the effort!

solid choice for administration

2 Likes

Solid choice for administration

2 Likes

the bans are like 2 years ago and good on bee, solid choice for administration.

1 Like

tyrant lawset

Imagine expecting the AI to obey you when it basically is the entire station.

Well, this is a weird bag with a mix of everything. Between the answers, the current jobban, Yog’s ban and such, i’ma give it a +1.5 for now.
May change when I get a tiny bit more of feedback from some other sources, but for now it stays like that.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, and I hope everyone had a good turkey day, Ill kick the thread in the butt a little.
We are sitting at -0.5 I believe, and I would love to hear more feedback no matter which way it goes!

Let’s not close this yet my guys. I’m gonna read over those bans tonight and what not.

Time to spam admeme chat with admin apps.

I’m getting mixed vibes from this. Your tone is forced and your past questionable. -1

Could you explain what you mean by forced tone?
I know that I use different mannerisms on the forums, but that is to be expected because this is a slightly more respectable area than in the discord. Like going into a library or school, I feel

It’s been 2 years since his ban on yog. He’s chill now. I’ll give him a chance. 1+

I haven’t seen any unruly behaviour from them, and the bans are from years ago. Again, the point of becoming a trialadmin is to gauge whether or not they’re fit, so I believe they’re worth a shot. +1