Shaking rn

https://github.com/BeeStation/BeeStation-Hornet/pull/2399 syringe mixes are now just 15u of your choice of chemical

1 Like

Why the heck wasn’t this put to vote, doe?

3 Likes

Bro bee code isnt a democracy

6 Likes

I’m glad the maintainers are finally starting to say that.

2 Likes

I mean, fair, but there was no feedback asked over this regardless.
Altough, after browsing through the PR discussion channel and seeing that this was (apparently) to stop some kind of crazy insta-gib nitro mix, understandable (even if i would have prefered a method that doesn’t involve nerfing syringe guns as a whole, i don’t exactly have any that comes to mind aside from an equally unfun “nerf nitro”)

I’m gonna give you a very good tip, if you actually want your opinion to be heard by the coders then go to the PR on github and comment on it saying why x is bad for the game and should not be merged.

The PR doesn’t play nice with medi borgs by the way. Namely harm intenting someone with a syringe as a medi borg kind of just breaks things.

What does that have to do with the pr? Aint it just the syringe gun and harm intent changes?

say you have a syringe containing 5u of impedrezene and 5u of mute toxin. Before the PR they’d be in your bloodstream instantly and tick normally since most toxic chemicals require 4u in the bloodstream to tick properly, but after this pr it injects 5u initially ( i dont remember if it chooses 1 or divides them both to be 2.5u) and then starts to tick i believe impedrezene ticks fine but mute toxin now does not last longer than maybe 1 or 2 seconds where as before it would last 12 - 13 seconds because of 0.4 metabolisation rate. This now restricts mixes to just be 15u of chloral hydrate or whatever because atleast it will metabolise properly.

2 Likes

just to add i think the syringe embed when on harm intent is really cool and it should definitely be 5u initally and trickle in for balance reasons but when used in a syringe gun i think it should be like before.

2 Likes

I’m glad we don’t listen to our community

1 Like

Yeah i didnt think that the syringe gun was balanced per say, but now it seems to be more or less dead. Oh well, i guess instead of having something overpowered its now something underpowered, not THAT big of a deal. A shame they didnt actually fix it.
Edit: btw this is a really good argument, but i dont see it anywhere on the pr itself on github. Try posting your actual arguments there in order to convince the socked people not to take away our toys.

zesko be like “reed the palato and actoraties they said democrazy badddd so time to buff viro hehehe”

Guys don’t diss on zesko. He will make the based momke race.

You like being unable to speak with eva/engie hardsuit on, right?