Shad's Mentor App

Your CKEY: shadowh4nd

Your Discord: shadowh4nd#1630

How long have you been playing ss13?: Since Summer-ish of 2019, and about 600(?) hours

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?: I never use names for longer than a week, and the rest are randomized. So I’m not sure anyone would even recognize me IC, but I try to be very helpful in the departments I work in.

Who wouldn’t: I can type very inflammatory words if I butt heads with people, especially if we’re running on our own tangents in some autismal engineering project, so I’m sure someone exists that has an issue with me.

Game Experience (More Detailed): I started as doctor -> roboticist -> engineering. I have experience in most other job roles, but I am particularly knowledgeable about engi, SM setups, most atmos. I think in building weird and funny contraptions I’ve gained knowledge in construction aspects that are not well documented in wiki. I think my highest SM setup was in the 20MW range. I am familiar with bee codebase and know a handful of bugs and exploits. What I won’t do: Talk about things I don’t know about. What I can do: Play at weird hours at night and answer basic questions + some advanced towards departments I’m familiar with.

If theyve been OOC banned before -1, otherwise +1 we could use more engie mentors.
I am a mentor, just not listed here.

+1.5
T: 2.5 (No OOC ban on record)

Outside of one incident in the past month, you have a clean record since December. Lots of hours played and claim to have knowledge of one of the top areas we get questions about. (All the real research on the station takes place in Atmos/Engineering)

I’ve also seen you on frequently and while I do remember having interactions with you, I don’t remember any of them specifically.

In my defense, I only blew myself up while testing out meth grenades for the first time :sweat_smile:

Just be sure to pass on the message of testing grenades on station being a bad idea usually lol

I’ve had decent interactions with you, and you seem like you would be a good addition to the team. Clean record, too.

+2

T: 4.5

Tbh. Behaviour has nothing to do with this in regards to knowledge that the user has.

High playhours and experience
+1
T:5.5

Not true. Mentors are still part of staff and we would like to move away from having the mentor roster loaded with players that are unwilling or unable to follow rules.

Having knowledge is not the only requirement to being a good mentor - You need to be willing to help the community and follow rules before we should trust you with what’s essentially access to a second, hidden OOC chat as well as constant meta-knowledge (what does x traitor item do?, how do I complete research nodes?) you can’t act on in the round.

Feel like I need to make some “promise” not to metagame. I mean, to be honest it’s nearly impossible, but I am not a powergamer. I do not play to win SS13 in any aspect. I die hilariously in nearly every combat scenario, so the meta info is near useless unless I use it to completely avoid someone.

Going to go ahead and accept this.