[SGTDaveVader] Carl Baskett Player Report

CKEY: Fronsis

Your Discord: -

Offender’s CKEY:SGTDaveVader

Offender’s In-Game Name: Carl Baskett

Server (Sage or Acacia):Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 11/30/2022

Round Number: 41570

Rules Broken: No powergaming, General conduct as Detective with valid-hunt thirst

Incident Description:
Glow Station, Cult round, I was one, we barely moved into blue and started to act a little ‘‘loud’’, no big murders, not even red eyes they just knew our location and some details, i encounter the Warden on a hallway and try to fight them, Detective eventually appears and starts shooting me (This requires log search, if the Warden asked for Help on comms and the Detective rushed head on, that’s bad, security was well staffed and they could’ve went themselves)

I got shot with lethal rounds of the revolver (fair we were on blue, but it was very recent, maybe he printed them roundstart, that needs a log check) eventually die and get dragged to brig

Upon observing Carl i’ve noticed he has on him 5-6 Detective lthal ammo on his posession, three on the shoulder holster, two on their vest, one on the bag and the one on the revolver, he emptied two on the fight and promptly restocked himself, he also, for some unexplained reason had a full toolbelt on him (That’s the power-gaming part alongside something else later on, hell even that amount of ammo seems over kill for JUST moving to blue)

I did a little more observing and the way he acted was of a total valid-hunter, always rushing head on into the fights(By round end he claimed that he killed six cultists)

From what i saw He never asked HoS, Warden or Captain permission to help with the situation and to be ‘‘deputized’’ to aid the officers, he just printed bullets, yelled multiple times for Armory to be open, and placed himself in the middle of the action, i believe we had like three-four Security Officers a Warden, Captain, Brig Phys and Chaplain basically a fully staffed team, yet from what i saw he never used his revolver on self defense(and he had an energy gun) He always had it ready to use the moment a cultist went near brig, i never saw him use the forensic scanner to try to check in who’s cultists and who’s not, completely abandoned the job of being a detective just to go fight the Cultists

Who again, were not even doing that good, since we were on Glow everyone was spread so much and lost that we took a long time to reach Halos, Security was handling it properly and it was a little back and forth because everyone was also lost since it was Glow Station, by the end, when Shuttle was coming i saw another situation:

Two-Three cultists reached the evac area first and they were attempting to convert some fellas, obviously since by that point we were code red and cult had halos they came gun blazings, however at one point when two cultists were on crit the chaplain yelled to wait and to stop because he wanted to deconverted, however Carl simply said ‘‘no’’ and shot them dead, alongside i think beheading(or attempted) a skeleton-chaplain summon

Now, how did he behead(or attempted) the skeleton-chaplain summon? Because he had Captains Sword on him, literally walking around revolver on hand, sword on the other, at some point (i was a Wraith so i didn’t witness it) Captain died and was being revived on Brig, i saw Carl with the Sword, Captain got revived and they never intended to hand it back or offered it, in fact on the Emergency shuttle an Officer pointed that out saying that he should give it back to the Captain which was met with ‘‘Nah on cc’’

In fact, another incident on the Emergency Shuttle was when Marina Pisces, last remaining cult was trying to run around the shuttle, eventually saying WAIT, WAIT! and something else(Trying to Roleplay) but was shot dead by Carl with a ‘‘No wait’’

So there we have it, i believe Carl played with a MUST KILL VALID mindset through the entire round, some situations might be ‘‘comprehensible’’ if they happened when we were on Code Red, but even then i saw enough opportunities for RP, Deconversion, Do his job as a detective that were quickly discared for ‘‘shoot until horizontal’’, as someone who plays Detective a lot, this is not what we’re supposed to do and if he really wanted to help fighting the cult he could’ve done it doing his job (Again, security was well staffed) or just ask to get Deputized and have a proper chat with Warden/HoS/Captain instead of pointing at warden, yell OPEN ARMORY!! and then point repeatedly at the shutters.

6 Likes

Red eyes were there, that is how you got found out.

I tried to leave Sec after being revived, I heard there was cult and was trying to find it.

I printed the rounds after I got revived and heard there was a cult, we where on blue at that point.

I dont understand how too much ammo is powergaming? Also how always having enough ammo is powergaming? Isn’t it common sense to have enough ammo when there is a reported cult? Also I had the toolbelt from shenanigans I had with an asisstant earlier.

Its quite hard to distinguish “rushing into the fights” and just going anywhere on the station and there being cultists everywhere

The Answer: A catastrophic situation, red alert, a literal cult which has obvious validifying symbols! My life is on the line! Once a catastrophic gamemode like Cult or Nukies is discovered EVERYONE becomes part of one side or the other, because you will die otherwise.

Because I didn’t have anything to arrest people with or stun them with! It was easier to put them in crit, or kill them and then let them be healed by medical (which they did). I never tried to behead them and only hit them as much as possible to put them into crit!

I’m sorry I felt cool for a second with my sword and revolver and wanted that moment to last, Captain also obviously saw that I had his sword and did not ask for it.

She was shot by warden, I simply tried to be “cool”.

The thing is during an existential threat like cult every job becomes “shoot until horizontal” (if you have a gun), because its a threat to the entire existence to the station and therefore you! If a gamemode can lead to Delta Alert and destruction of the station “validhunting” becomes a hard concept to realize, because you have a REAL reason to fight: your life.

Red eyes were there, that is how you got found out.

Cult got found out because one of the converted people had a radio on and we heard three people saying cult stuff on common, i believe by the time i died we weren’t that big on numbers for even red eyes, perhaps i didn’t saw the prompt but i doubt it.

I tried to leave Sec after being revived, I heard there was cult and was trying to find it.

Understandable, since the little fight with the Warden was a little north of Brig, however i will still wait for logs to check, the standoff with Warden was long enough for him to call for back up and you to show up instead of the officers

I dont understand how too much ammo is powergaming? Also how always having enough ammo is powergaming? Isn’t it common sense to have enough ammo when there is a reported cult? Also I had the toolbelt from shenanigans I had with an asisstant earlier.

I’ve heards admin talking with players about over-exceeding with ammo-printing or the good old ‘‘have the whole armory on your bagpack’’ And, yes! You can have ammo to defend yourself, that’s why the shoulder holsters has three slots! Ideally one for the gun and for the two back ups or if you decide to use your revolver on your belt you could have three, yet you doubled the amount and i’m sure you used quite a lot during your cult-hunting

However you seem to be mistaken, why is your first thinking upon hearing a cult ‘‘must print a lot of ammo and become cult killer’’ Sure you can have your lethal rounds, blue alerts authorize them, but you completely disregarded any of your duties as a Detective, they’re supposed to investigate areas to check for prints, scan daggers, store them safely in bags, etc. Your immediate mindset became of one that HAD TO KILL instead of supporting a Fully staffed security with your tools.

As for the toolbelt, logs will clarify.

The Answer: A catastrophic situation, red alert, a literal cult which has obvious validifying symbols! My life is on the line! Once a catastrophic gamemode like Cult or Nukies is discovered EVERYONE becomes part of one side or the other, because you will die otherwise.

A lot of these things happened even before red alert got authorized, you were the first one to yell for armory to be open pointing to the Warden and shutters and led the charge, the cult wasn’t perfect nor mega-robust they did a lot of mistakes, thus why the crew won in the end, however that doesn’t excuse your actions IMO, there’s a difference between rushing to print lethals and start patrolling the hallways revolver in hand compared to standing in brig, waiting to see how the situation evolves, scanning daggers to see who’s the owner of it, asking HoS/Captain if you can actually help the officers by being on the front line, you have a SOP to follow and this is a Roleplaying server, there’s a reason why Revolution is now disabled, just being a cult with red eyes doesn’t mean it randomly becomes a deathmatch, specially when the cult was getting outplayed and took way too long to reach Halos stage

The thing is during an existential threat like cult every job becomes “shoot until horizontal” (if you have a gun), because its a threat to the entire existence to the station and therefore you! If a gamemode can lead to Delta Alert and destruction of the station “validhunting” becomes a hard concept to realize, because you have a REAL reason to fight: your life.

The thing is, Halos were very late, your behaviour was present from the moment you ‘‘revived’’ and got into cult hunting without anyone authorization, we had a couple of random cultists walking on the hallways throwing bolas and such, it was quite chaotic but sometimes you need to stop to assess the situation, in fact you never even asked to be mindshielded, meaning a single stun meant you were converted, yet you always charged first shooting at every cult on sight without any value for your life (and i think i recall someone? complaining for a random stray shot) but you sometimes need to see how everything develops, only when the Halos stage happens it becomes a little bit like a ‘‘death match’’ but before that you had plenty of opportunities to do your actual job instead of letting the actual security officers handle the situation, if you’re so eager to hunt valids i suggest you play a Security Officer, however it’s very necessary to remember you that we’re a Roleplaying Server and it’s never about winning and making the other redtext.

1 Like

Two weeks bumperino

2 Likes

Det isn’t a combat role but well the cultist threat is one of the highest, it will destroy the whole station and kill everyone if not dealt with very quickly.
So it would be natural that he was drafted when blue rang in.
Also even though they can be deconverted, cultists are still KoS since they pose such a threat. So killing them instead of deconverting, although a bit dickish, is still perfectly valid.
Not carrying around enough ammos could mean death to your character during a full on cult threat, cultists will kill or convert anyone they see, they can’t be reasoned with.
And although it sure is a little garry stue for him to walk with a revolver and a sword, as long as captain is ok with it it’s ok.
Detectives do have combat experience (otherwise they wouldn’t have a gun in their kit), so him going on full cultist killing spree is justified, a bit cringe but within the rules.

Cult rounds is probably the most threathening round that exists, even more so than nukies since they just want to destroy the station and once they do there won’t be a eldritch horror drifting through space, possibly ending multiple other stations or even planets.

So it would be natural that he was drafted when blue rang in.

He never got drafted, he never spoke with Warden or HoS, HE drafted himself in by being the lead man screaming OPEN ARMORY as well as the first on the line.

I’m not denying the threat the cult posses in general, they indeed have the potential and weapons to completely sweep Security and Command and Summon Nar’sie in a speedrun if you get a couple of robust Cultists players.

However this was never the case, in fact the cult did a big fluke by converting someone with a radio on, that led to public comms hearing three cultists speaking nar’sian which led to some attempt at RP the situation out, but of course Command wasn’t buying it

The main issue of this is focused on the actions they took before and during early cult activity, where they should’ve been focused on doing their actual job as a detective, following proper SOP and attempt to RP with their bosses instead of automatically going in a ‘‘Must kill valid’’ mentality where they automatically assume OOC (because they know how the gamemode will play out) that this will end up with a lot of death on a mega death-match ( But as i explained earlier, cult reached Halo meeega late and the actions taken once we were on Red/Halo stage are not the main focus of the report)

2 Likes

New year, new bump!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this guy be an insurbordinate roboticist recently, if that’s of any use to the admins.

Without a provided round ID and description it will not help as we will have to discard that since it cannot be proved.

1 Like

Bump bump bump 15 15 5

1 Like

It’s that time of the bump again, smh maggot doesn’t bump my posts!

1 Like

I think this is one of my last reports open, in any case small mini 1 month bump!

Yeah, so sgtdavevader’s round can be summarized quite simply.
Some random “RP” (jumping off radstation’s rails and dying), and then them sayong “culties?”, when validhunting mode is engaged.

Tons of attack logs with them as the aggressor, just acting as a security officer with lethals printed, very sparse saylogs that are often only directly related to the combat.

Overall, poor performance.
Considering the delay in the processing the report, and the state of the player’s record, I’ll settle for warning here.

Report accepted.