Server ban

Ban Length:
1 day

Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022/04/20

Round ID:

Ban Reason:
“Self-Antag”
“Aiding” a Ling (of which I had no idea that he was a ling beforehand), by stunning an officer who had been chasing me. I managed to disarm the officer and stun him at which time the Ling started killing the officer. I didn’t immideatly notice that it was Ling, but I didn’t care who the person was helping me escape.

The Banning Admin didn’t regard me stunning the officer as self-defence. However he showed me no alternative to how I could’ve handled the situation. Should I have let myself get arrested? Should I have tried to kill the Ling and safe the officer afterwards? Or should I just take the easy way out and get away from the officer and then run. Officers who I had contempt for after arresting me on trumped-up charges.

Appeal Reason:
I got banned for “Self-Antag”,

I wasn’t trying help the ling, at no point wilfully assisting them. At no point did I directly harm the officer or try to kill them, I just tried not to get arrested.I was trying to get away from an arrest I found unlawful. To do that I had to get the officer into stamcrit, so I could gain some distance. Me stunning the officer indirectly helped the Ling to murder the officer, but it wasn’t my intention to get someone to kill him for me, my intention was to escape the arrest.

After I indirectly aided the Ling and he indirectly aided me, I did not interact with him again. I was just trying to keep a low profile and not get arrested. Showing that I had no intention of abandoning the crew and wilfully aiding antagonists.

Additional Information:
Had an issue up for being permanently removed from the round by sec officers, for being a “suspected” ling. At no point did I show any signs of being a ling (Because I wasn’t one). The “arresting” officer also broke SoP, as they immdeatly engaged with a shotgun, not even trying to arrest me normally. Killed me and gibbed me.

Full ban reason Self-Antag. Shoving a sec officer to the ground while they were being attacked by a changeling and then stunned them repeatedly while they got murdered. That's not self-defense.

This was handled separately after the ban was placed. I don’t fault security too much for assuming you were a ling given the context. Although their reasoning was fairly circumstantial.

The officer involved here had no previous interactions with you as far as I can tell.

Stunning a security officer to evade arrest usually isn’t that big of an issue. It’s different here since they were actively being attacked by a changeling when you decided to do it. Even if you weren’t intentionally trying to harm the officer that happened as a direct result of your actions.

That’s the part that confuses me, you had quite a while to realize what was happening based on the logs.

Logs

ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has threw and hit NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with the bola (NEWHP: 100) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (132, 192, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 87) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (130, 192, 2))
ATTACK: NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) has stunned Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) (NEWHP: 100) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (130, 193, 2))
ATTACK: SGTDaveVader/(Carl Baskett) has shoved NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 87) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (130, 192, 2))
ATTACK: SGTDaveVader/(Carl Baskett) has kicks NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 74) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (129, 192, 2))
ATTACK: SGTDaveVader/(Carl Baskett) has shoved NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 74) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (129, 192, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 74) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (128, 193, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (128, 193, 2))
ATTACK: SGTDaveVader/(Carl Baskett) has stunned NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) (NEWHP: 61) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (129, 192, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 48) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (128, 193, 2))
ATTACK: SGTDaveVader/(Carl Baskett) has stunned NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) (NEWHP: 48) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (130, 192, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 34.5) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (128, 193, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 21.5) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (128, 193, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 8.5) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (128, 193, 2))
ATTACK: SGTDaveVader/(Carl Baskett) has stunned NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) (NEWHP: 8.5) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (129, 192, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -4.5) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (128, 192, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -17.5) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (128, 193, 2))
ATTACK: SGTDaveVader/(Carl Baskett) has stunned NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) (NEWHP: -17.5) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (130, 192, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -30.5) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (128, 193, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -45.5) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (128, 193, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -59.2) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (128, 193, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -59.2) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (128, 193, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -72.2) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (128, 193, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -85.8) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (128, 193, 2))
ATTACK: Bluedin/(Daniels Mckendrick) has attacked NaniByte/(Ganima Verlice) with arm blade (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -98.8) (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (128, 193, 2))

2 Likes

You poped out of disposals covered in blood and then deconstructed a wall. When I walked up to ask you what you where doing you said some normal security officer insults and then you ran. So I chased you, but there was a ling there.

I also, once I saw the ling, engaged them as the logs show and gave up on you. You had a chance to run away but instead you turned around and shove-locked me as the logs show. You heard the sound of chopping, you saw the blood and you saw the ling arm and you actively kept helping them.

So not only did you actively help a ling kill me, you then also saw them literally drag my bloody body away. And after this you report nothing to security or anyone. Normal antagonist behavior. However I guess I can smell tiders so I check your mood and lo and behold…

Frankly I say you got of easy for what was in my opinion massive self-antaging.

3 Likes

Ban expired.