Severe connection problems

Hi, I’ve started playing like two weeks ago and I’m learning how to move trough roles and gaming. I’ve played also in different servers and in all of them I found a little lag sometimes but here in BeeStation it’s horrible. Some rounds my connection to internet starts to get thinner and I can’t stay three seconds without loosing connection with the server. It’s pretty frustrating because I can’t interact with other players most of the time and when I’m an antag it’s just impossible to do anything.

What could I do? Where’s the problem?

I’ve seen some servers ask for version 513 of BYOND. Installing it will help? Is it safe or recommendable installing it?

If it fucks things more, you can just go to previous version, no reason to just wait for responses. Also, servers are being hosted from all around the globe, I heard that some US players have experienced lags on Bee due to supposed server location in europe. But for better advices you could ask some headmins or Crossed.

One of the admins told me that the LRP server is in Germany. Don’t know about MRP.

I’m a merica boi and some days its pretty bad. If I go through a VPN with an end point in Europe though it is much more manageable.

1 Like

i’m american
i constantly play with 120ms or higher
sometimes up to 200-300ms average

i learn to deal with it

I fixed the title just because it was annoying my OCD :sweat_smile:

Servers are located in Germany, so that likely accounts for higher ping if you’re in the states. Under most circumstances it shouldn’t be overly noticeable or problematic, however.

Using 513 is recommended. Especially since 512 will be losing support in the not so distant future.

1 Like

why the fuck are the servers hosted in Germany what the fuck