So, I’m thinking about starting to work on a lower population (target 0-25 pop) station for those lovely deadpop rounds where nobody is really on the server (see Acacia). What I want to know is this: What core elements of a station, design or otherwise, makes a station good? I want to hear about what types of departmental configuration work best, and I’m not opposed to throwing out standard conventions. Obviously this doesn’t mean that I’m going to throw out balance, but I want to hear suggestions.
- What would be the best way to help concentrate people closer together?
- How much work are you willing to do to do departmental specific things like nanites, xenobiology, or chemical factories?
- What departments go best together?
- Are there any departmental layouts that you think would work well? (please provide a diagram if you chose to go for this route).
- What level of anti-greytide should there be?
- Or simply what do you think shouldn’t be done?