Infinite
Ban Date:
2020-04-X
Round ID
Don’t remember
Ban reason
Something along ‘as Captain, arrested the cook’
Details
I want this note to be completely removed. Why? Captain is above every person on the station. As for the incident, it was a low pop game on Pubby, if I recall correctly there was no sec, just me, the captain, and other people. There was no food and chef just ignored everyone, so I decided to arrest them and tell that they should be doing their job instead of just standing in a closed kitchen (shutters were down). I only cuffed them because we know how chefs react when someone enters their kitchen. So after the talk admin bwoinked me and left a secret note that I arrested the chef.

Refusal to do what your captain says (there was no HoP) may result in sec arresting you for insubordination. Given there was no sec, I was the one to arrest them.

1 Like

Ban appeal template is broken, don’t blame me it looks like shit.
No, it’s fine.

I do not. I had though.

So you think arresting them, talking to and letting them go is radical, but demoting is not? And how do you think demotions usually go? I only arrested them because it was a chef, in the KITCHEN, and he would not respond (just stand afk next to a wall) and ignore everyone.

1 Like

I used to be an admin.

Insubordination?

I did not ambush them, what the fuck xD.

Okay so instead of making myself safe (with no sec around), how would you approach the situation? Chef, not SSD, stands in the middle of the kitchen and ignores anyone (including captain) talking to them. Doesn’t care about orders, doesn’t care if people request food, just stands there.

Edit: What I wanna hear the most, how would you perform demotion while not talking/touching the chef.

1 Like

I do not believe, I know it is there.

They were not incarcarated, arrested, talked to and left out. Everything done in the kitchen.

And you think how arrests are performed? Without stunning?

I wanna see this.
Also keep in mind it was in april 2020.

Yeah, he ignored everyone, including his direct superior, me. When did I dodge this question?

I really have to ask, why are you appealing a year and a half old note now?

3 Likes

No, I made it sound like I arrested them, at no point did I state that they were brigged.

If I recall correctly, yes I did. That’s the usual approach to chefs in the kitchen.

It is similar, also unprovable via logs.

Yes, because I didn’t really care until there was a discussion on discord about secret notes. Also my reasons shouldn’t really bother you.

Because I do not want an unreasonable note to be used against me in the future. It does not expire therefore less experienced admin may use it against me.

Also if you decide that my appeal is invalide, read this (taken from Admin Policy & Conduct - BeeStation Wiki):

If it was a rule break, note should be visible.

Let me rephrase my initial question.
Why are you appealing it now?
I understand appealing it but why did you wait so long to do so?

I’m also not sure how I ever implied that this appeal was invalid but whatever.

Never implied that you implied that. I just wanna put it out there before the appeal gets closed for any reason by anyone without me having any chance of replying. Then I would have to make another one yadda yadda. I know how it is.

When do you think it was appropriate to appeal it? Shortly before or after admin team parted ways with me? Current time seems as good as ever.

This seems like a perfectly valid note to me. Dork found your behavior suspicious and added a secret note to document it. That’s exactly what our policy says to do.

As for the subject matter, I can’t say I personally like the idea of busting into the kitchen and arresting the Chef outright. The excuse of, “it was the chef in the kitchen, of course I arrested them” seems like a terrible mindset to maintain and it ironically matches up with the secret note, giving it at least some credence.

The note states that you arrested/demoted the cook for stealing your donuts, but in this appeal it’s sounding like you’re claiming they were afk or otherwise entirely unresponsive. This is a curious discrepancy between the two and I’ll have to try and pull logs to determine who did what here.

1 Like

This is a curious discrepancy between the two

Its hard to remember the exact string of events that happened over a year ago.

This can be a case of simply misremembering what exactly happened.

Alright, I’ve gone through the round and your interactions with the Chef. Your recollection of the events is totally off and you look pretty bad here. Honestly, you probably got off easy with a low severity secret note.

Here’s a timeline of events:

11:20:51 : Chef logs in
11:21:00 : Chef goes to kitchen and deals with a clown invader \ Mat is doing toxins
11:29:29 : Chef calls out over commons that the clown assaulted them
11:37:00 : Chef appears to be trying to get setup in the kitchen
11:38:43 : Chef stripping DC’d player in hall by the kitchen for some reason
11:40:47 : Chef in medical trying to get burn patches and some charcoal
11:44:32 : Mat at the kitchen eating donuts
11:44:38 : Mat starts talking with the Chef, going into the kitchen proper. Chef asks mat to leave the kitchen and says that they’ll put food on the counter for them
11:45:12 : Chef starts eating the donuts
11:45:16 - 11:45:31 : Mat opens fire on the Chef with a disabler, saying nothing further. \ Chef yells out for Mat to stop as they try to evade the shots
11:45:31 : Mat handcuffs and grabs the chef
11:45:43 : Chef initiates an ahelp
11:45:57 : Mat locks the chef up in the brig and begins informing the Chef that they don’t have the right to kick out the captain. Goes on to state that they haven’t been doing their job.
11:46:00 : Chef yells that they didn’t do anything wrong and that they will do their job if they’re released.
11:46:58 : Mat begins stunning the Chef
11:47:33 : Mat removes the cuffs and releases the Chef. Asks the AI over command to monitor the Chef
11:48:21 : Dork initiates their ticket with Mat

I have a limited overview of what all was going on between the Chef logging on and the ~20-minutes they weren’t making food. But, it does seem like there was at least some activity which could have fed into their delay and they most certainly weren’t AFK. They were actually fairly active and had been communicating over the radio.

I would say that you are likely justified in being upset with the lack of food, but your handling of the situation was just abysmal.

I do not think this note should be removed. I also don’t think it’d be fair to take added action against you for something that happened in early 2020 that was brought up in an appeal, so I’m not going to up the severity of the note or add anything extra either.

logs.txt (34.3 KB)

2 Likes

They brought the chef to the Brig. It was likely just poor memory as Shezza pointed out. The logs are too long to post normally, so I’ve edited the original post to include an attachment version.

I am denying this appeal per my previous post.