Seccies Versus Evil A.I. "I'm fucking stuck in brig!"

as a seccie, you may have the displeasure of having a malfunctioning or subverted A.I., there are a few things that can arise from this but the most common thing is getting locked in your own department with a heaping helping of Plasma as a planned addition to the station’s atmospheric mixture.

So, how in the hell do you handle this situation? well here are some tips.

“All the fucking doors are electrified and bolted.”

OK, don’t panic, you probably don’t have insulated or combat gloves, which sucks but such is the life of a Seccie. Remain calm, aim to break any glass blocking your exit and for the love of Z0RG do not try beating that electrified grill with your hands or Batong.
Start by evaluating if you have a weapon, energy weapons easily pass through these, but if you deliberately aim for it you can do the job, laser that shit away. Alternatively a shotgun works too, but shells are luxury.
Alternatively just throwing shit at that grill works fine, the heavier the better, take your time, you may feel like a filthy mutineer but you won’t wind up induction fried seccie.

“god damn borgs messing up my shit”

you have two options, your belt issued flash and Ion weapons.
The flash works in a pinch as a stun, always keep this in mind, but Ion weapons do that and deal damage to the damnable tin cans.

Additionally, rather than killing them you can disable the Borg’s A.I. slaving, there should be a light labeled “A.I. Law Sync”, screw with the borg’s wiring abit and that light should turn off.
When it does, the borg should revert to it’s own law set and will no longer be beholden to the Station A.I.'s whims.

these borgs can listen in on the A.I. and potentially help you defeat the overblown maintainance protocol assuming they don’t get locked down or explode.

“Stinking Malf is locked up tight”

Having a loaded mechanical tool box or three readily available in brig, or the tools present in your own bag is often needed to make a safe entrance to the A.I. sat or where ever The A.I. may have actually holed up in, this alongside Ion weapons should allow access that digital methods can’t block.

“what is this silicon punk’s major malfunction?”

there is an important distinction to make between malfunctioning A.I. and merely subverted ones.
the Thermodynamic law set some fool installed just makes the A.I. murder happy.
A malfunctioning or rouge A.I. lacks various safety and limiter protocols and will have a larger selection of tools to screw you with, as subtle as hijacking the alarm and alert P.A., more overtly exploding terminals and computers to outright dead give away e-sword equipped Borgs.

Rapid fire round!
No one will question you for having a pocket crowbar on hand as a Seccie, you never know when you need to pry an unpowered door open regardless.

Ion weapons will fry flashes and trigger the anti overcharge power dump on most energy weapons, some fellow seccies may also have cybernetic limbs, be careful where you shoot your ion rifle or carbine as you can seriously screw yourself or your friend with it’s area of effect.

Emp Grenades are just like the Ion weapons, but have a bigger area of effect and of course are entirely disposable, the chemist may be able to manufacture something similar too.

1 Like

Another tip is that the more basic stuff on the station that the AI can control, often has a AI wire that cuts off the ability to be opened/shut by AI’s (and borgs I think). Doors and fire/air alarms are the main things I can think of, which could allow you to make a small oasis that the AI doesn’t have direct control over, or at least gives you time before the engineering hoard of borgs come your way to reestablish connections

Here’s the thing. If the power is high enough, throwing stuff at an electrified grille creates electricity arcs that zap you.
Also using disposals to escape is a tried and true method, but then you might have trouble getting out of the mail room.

Im appaled you havent mentioned the ever handy breaching slug.

The ai cant bolt doors on you if theres no door to bolt.
Also glass shards dont conduct electricity!
This is incredebly handy if you need to break a grille.

1 Like

This might be better suited to guides section

Simply wearing gloves also prevents you from cutting yourself with glass shards if you attack with them.

im too ill and busy to take a screenshot, so have an artist’s depiction of a tider trick

UPLINK 0.1.
A malfunctioning AI's guide to fully autonomous extermination of security.
(Malf antag) 

(if I missed anything, add to the guide with replies)
What you can do without malf powers:
You can…

1. Induce plasma fires, and drain apcs through the overload feature on apcs. It will blow out the lights in the room, causing sparks to fly everywhere. sparks create plasmafires. It will also roughly drain the apc by 1%. A spammable power, it could be useful for denying access (bolting, then draining power to make unbolting harder)

2. AIR ALARMS! While I personally have not configured with it fully. you could do a bit of sneaky siphoning. On air alarms, you can access individual scrubbers. Set them to expanded/extended/whatchamacallit. and set it to siphon oxygen and nitrogen. Then mess with the vents to make its airflow pressure basically nothing.
    (you could also do a co2 flood, and mess with the thresholds to make it seem like nothing is wrong)

3. AIRLOCKS! FIRE LOCKS! THE GLORY!
    Airlocks and fire locks both have something in common. they can close and open. With force. If one of your unlucky victims happened to stand under a fire lock/airlock… you could close it on them. over. and over. and over. until they die.
    Fire locks are generally good for stuns, as it takes a bit of a long time to kill them. Airlocks however… are more lethal. but you have to mess with them. to set force safety and timing safety off in their door menu (or some hotkey that I forgot). Then you can open and close the door on them, crushing them with it.
    (and also shocking and bolting, but that’s basically already known)

WITH MALF POWERS

1. THERMAL ALARMS! AND ALSO AIR ALARMS TOO!
    As malfunctioning AI, you can purchase two (area based… I think?) powers. Override thermal sensors, and air alarm safety override.
    Generally these are useful for one thing: Plasmaflood. The former disables fire alarms completely, while the latter gives you a FLOOD MODE.. Basically disabling scrubbers, and allows vents to go over their safety limits.

2. Override. Overload. Override. Overload.
    The two most useful tools to ever grace malf-AIs. Overload explodes the machines, override turns them into mobs. Overload is primarily useful for killing things. killing a lot of things. Bolt the human into the room, explode the machines around them. simple, right? But then you got override. The barely purchased brother of overload. It turns any machine into a mob… which when killed drops nothing. So it is useful as a distraction (its hostile to everyone but you physically), and a resource denial. The doctors are cloning your targets? Override their cloner. Or statis bed, or surgery consoles for good measure. Overload has two uses, override has four.

3. The deadly trio. Destroy RCD. Hostile Lock-downs. and Doomsday device.
    So these abilities are best used in a trio. Firstly, you blow up the RCDs. Then your doomsday ability. It will take 450 seconds to fully complete (7 and a half minutes, roughly). Then you use your hostile station lock-down ability. It will bolt, electify, and close EVERYTHING on the station for 90 seconds. (1 minute and 30 seconds). If you use a more destructive tool like plasma flooding before this, then you and your borgs will have plenty of time to prepare for the desperate stragglers that come to your sat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.