Sec being bad report

In-game report:

Title: Round 22921 Captain/Security Report

CKEY: Bjaldr

Offender’s CKEY: N/A

LRP or MRP server: MRP

Offender’s In-Game Name: Broly Brandonhurst (Captain), Willy (SecBorg)

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 22/10/2020

Round Number: 22921

Rules Broken: 14

Incident Description: 

Round started and I did typical mime stuff, pied the clown, someone had broken into the practice range so I ran through the hallways with a practice laser rifle. That ran out, I went to find somewhere to charge it. Whacked a window to the bridge, then thought better of it and ran. Got caught by security, who along with the captain dragged me to the execution room, electropacked me then threw me in a cell with what I think was a five minute timer (at about 5 minutes into the round). Timer ran out, no-one came to release me so started to break out of my handcuffs, which took forever because of the electropack. Walked into the hallway and up to the security who are talking there but they do nothing. Hang around a bit longer (it’s now 15 minutes into the round or so) and ahelp since I’ve been pretty much abandoned, captain removes electropack but doesn’t give my bag back and doesn’t let me out, so I go looking for it and just grab a satchel that was laying around since I couldn’t find it. That was apparently stealing weapons, since unbeknownst to me said satchel laying around in the hallway was being used to store traitor gear. Back in the cell. Roughly 30 minutes in, the shuttle arrives and Max Anders (detective) finally releases me, so I head to that. Shuttle main room gets exploded, and apparently my record hadn’t been cleared because a security borg disables and handcuffs me, then drags me through the vented room causing harm to get me to the security room. Round ends with me having spent most of it stuck in security.

Additional Information:

I ahelped Brother_jeff about 15 minutes into the round, got nothing back from it apart from them asking for names and then the ticket being closed.

Honestly this is just me salting about security being shitty and not doing their job.

that’s me and I just arrested you because I saw the wanted symbol and dragged you to the safest room that had air still

It was the end of the round, the shuttle had departed and you decided it would be better to break law 1 and drag me through a vacuum rather than wait the minute until the game ended. I wasn’t a threat or harming anyone.

I arrested you in a area with no air and dragged you to one that had air

Nope, I was in shuttle maintenance and you dragged me out of that through the main room into the security room.

I wouldn’t really know considering I can’t see where there is oxygen

I was the captain, we were in the middle of a pretty complex conversation with a syndicate excommunicate who got the names of the entire incursion squad and was ratting them out in exchange for safety, and you got forgotten about because we were also stripping down and searching two of the incursion team who got captured in the midst of that and putting them in perma as well as dealing with the warden then immediately dying as those two tried to break out. You tried to tide into the bridge in the middle of a really hectic round from sec’s perspective my dude.

Also gonna mention the entire security team until late into the round was one warden and one detective, we had more confirmed traitors in the brig than we had sec.

Really hectic round, hectic enough you and a member of sec could afford to fuck off for a while and electropack me?

Yes? The hectic stuff hadn’t happened yet my dude.

So the entire thing about me tiding was bullshit then

In the 5 minutes between you entering the cell and the timer running out we had a staff of two security deal with a surrendering traitor, negotiate the identities of four more, and capture two of them, which I think is pretty damn busy by most standards. Not long after the timer ran out those two traitors captured then murdered the warden.

This bit

What about that bit was bullshit? You were tiding onto the bridge, you got thrown in the brig and then shit got really busy.

The part about me doing it in the middle of the round. It was at the start. Plus, you guys were having conversations on the outside of my cell, it really doesn’t take that long to release a prisoner

You were playing a job that can’t talk to get our attention strapped to the bed while we were dealing with more antags than security had employees, and you were released as soon as an admin reminded us you existed.

And then immediately rearrested because you can’t be bothered to give my shit back, and then rearrested again because you didn’t take me off arrest

E: and before you go “No you were stealing contraband” - Who the fuck keeps contraband in a random satchel on the brig hallway floor. You couldn’t be arsed to give my rucksack back so I grabbed one that looked abandoned.

Okay? That was the detective, not me.

Being a mime has some downsides, and among those downsides are the inability to speak directly to others in order to convey messages. You, however, also took virtually no efforts to communicate through… mime to others at all, with this being the only emote you did the entire round.

Oct 22, 2020 @ 18:41:26.883 EMOTE: Bjaldr/(Transparency) points at his electropack. (Brig (98, 165, 2))

After playing mime like a total shitter, slipping people at random, attempting to break into the bridge and yet also making no effort to mime at all… you get arrested for appearing to be a shitter, at about ten minutes into the round (not five). While in prison you are mistreated via electropack and ultimately left for way longer than necessary. While the electropack isn’t cool in the least, the fact security had their hands completely tied up with other matters is no lie.

At this point, you are a mime that is understandably upset, but in the eyes of security are nothing but the worst of the shitter mimes. You then steal a bag containing a DEsword, (again making no attempts to communicate with those around you at all, even through emote) and get treated like criminal all over again. If ever there is a time to consider breaking your vow of silence, this would be the time to explain yourself, or at least make some other effort.

All of that aside

The electropack was overboard by a lot, especially with captain sent an announcement including the signal code for zapping you. Everything that happened after was due to a mixture of round circumstances and your own unwillingness to mime things out in order to communicate, instead expecting other players to be psychic of your intentions.

Captain is being punished accordingly.