[sage] is turning yourself into a monkey failrp?

• monkeys are failrp
  • monkeys are fine
  • monkeys could be a cool gimmick but also could be shittery

0 voters

„failrp”… is this gmod?

5 Likes

Always chuckled a bit over that for Sage players. “Your RP is bad RP, only my RP is correct and good RP”
while arguing about a completely subjective topic

Yes, a Scientist turning himself into a monkey does not make sense. Neither do blood cults, magic, mystical slimes and traitors on a futuristic space station.

4 Likes

Would you, as a sane person, turn yourself into a monkey for no reason?

4 Likes

If I knew that I can be turned back whenever I want? Probably. There are times when being a monkey could be fairly useful.

Also if we go at it from a logical angle: Why would traitors exist with the tools every space station has to offer? You could just clone the same loyal guy 1000 times, implant memories to ensure loyalty and recycle the biomass of these clones on “shift change” for a new set.

2 Likes

The timing on your post bluezorua. Are you a psychic?

1 Like

monkeys are cool, you can swimg from trees and throw your shit at people

Monkification is very reversible in SS13, albeit many people would realistically still be apprehensive about it.
It’s usually done for shittery though, but done innocently I think it’s fairly gray just like a lot of other stuff.

It’s definitely bwoinkable though since the relevant rule does specifically state to act like an adult who wants to keep their job, and just

Monkeying Around

doesn’t fit that.

Would you, as a sane person, get hired onto SS13 by Nanotransen :weary:

5 Likes

Define being sane first.
Would a sane person agree to first travel strapped to giant rocket engines to leave their home planet and work on a tin can that will most likely be their tomb if anything goes wrong?
We got a whole crew made of such people and we also have real life people who do that for living, most not only seen as sane but as a prime examples of physical and mental health. Not to mention thousands more who would gladly work in such environment or even be involved in project of sending people out to space.

Would a sane person experiment on themselves? There’s a lot of examples in history like Hilary Koprowski, Jonas Salk, David Pritchard, August Bier etc Not that insane people, would actually call them sane, intelligent and respected

Would a sane person modify their body?
People have been doing that ever since they appeared. Changing hairstyle, dying hair, filing teeth, making tattoos, elongating their earlobes, wrapping their heads and feet to mold them into specific shapes. With advance of medicine and technology we started to see more and more of that, cosmetic surgeries of all sorts and implants are absolutely normal nowadays. We are not limited by what people are willing to do cause they are really willing to push their bodies, but by technology available. Transhumanism and biohacking are real movements. We are in infancy of those subjects but even the short time predictions based on our current technologies and what’s currently worked on are prognosis of huge changes, not only for human health but for our culture and philosophy.

Centcom itself, controlled by admins, including you, is straight up mad and crazy which they prove through their messages and way they interact with station allowing or even straight up creating all sorts of scenarios that would never happen in workplace, especially in one that is such hazardous and risky. That aside, why would a company ran by sane people hire clown or mime on space station? Even the position of chaplain…what sane person would believe in made up stories of imaginary powerful being and worship them? Uh…apparently more than 80% of global population, does it mean they are all insane? Even putting so much wood in enclosed vessel like space station is beyond what would be reasonable since it creates a giant fire hazard.

As @Doctor_Ape said, scientist changing themselves into monkey wasn’t even wandering to unknown waters, they live in age when genetic modifications (blessed by centcom itself, we got a division just for that to prepare mutation injections), cloning and brain transplant surgeries are a norm. We also have technology to translate what monkeys are saying. It surely wouldn’t be insane or even far fetched if someone in such circumstances would willingly change themselves into monkey just because they felt like its expressing them better or even because they found that amusing

1 Like

Well after seen this pool I dont need to open an article why some admins are narrow minded.
As a chef I am putting my work on tables but also they are lowering my agility. As monkey I have more freedom while performing my tasks. Too bad some sad loser who had a bad day have to tell me I cant have fun beacuse of rule M1 number 1:
You must roleplay. You’re a professional working for a major corporation. Act like you want to keep your job.
I was already doing better than most any chef and when I was monkey I was faster (except I need to pull my pda when I need to use the doors).

4 Likes

You are intentionally going out of your way to ruin other people’s fun by choosing to join the server specifically for roleplaying and refusing to roleplay. I am not seeking to ruin your fun; I am preventing you from ruining the fun of others (which by joining a roleplaying server to intentionally not roleplay, you ARE doing)

If you wish to join a server for messing about, we have one provided already.

2 Likes

Is it fun to be a sane sensible normal real person?
Even in an rp environment?

I wanna say this is dependent.
IMO it’s not bad RP if someone chose to become a monkey and continues to do their job, maybe they just wanted to see what their closest related ancestor goes through. Sec and Heads are excluded from this however. I’ve seen doctor monkies and occasionally a few gorillas roaming about, they aren’t doing anything wrong persay. They do become valid given they are no longer a part of the crew when becoming a monkey. So there’s more inherent risks that some asshole will try to turn them into a burger.

If you’re just becoming a monkey to grief or not be slightly useful then sure bwoink them and either changes them back to human,warning or a short ban.

That implies that it is impossible to make a reasonable roleplay attempt for a monkey chef. I doubt that is true though. I could easily see someone making a Futurama-like chef working, which IS roleplay. Just not the type of roleplay you like.

3 Likes

sounds like a good gimmick tbh, that also could be solved trough the dwarfism gene and wings tho, try asking medical for some wings

1 Like

this is always going to be a major problem with “roleplay” servers. it’s not up to you to decide what good roleplay is, it’s up to the admins. a socially deviant catbeast who goes around nyaing at people like it’s at an anime expo is seen as more acceptable than a researcher modifying their gene. have you never wondered what it’d be like to be a bird, a cat, a dog?

again. depends how you use it. but monkification alone shouldn’t be a reason to bother somebody.

Mass monkification gets noticed more and stands out more poorly due to it pretty much inevitably leading to tiding.

Most employees aren’t researchers, I don’t think a geneticist actually would get in trouble for monkifying themselves and doing it responsibly.

This claim is so weird

Either the admins are going to impose harsh standards, the game mechanics, or social exclusion will. Depending on game and population size (a combination of varying amounts, really.)

I’m very biased to the second and third but it’s still restrictive, it’s never up to you, the individual, to decide what a good RP standard is in a multiplayer game.

Yes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

4 Likes

You cannot reduce a complex situation into a single ruling devoid of context.

Creating an army of tider monkeys on Sage is going to be a role play break more often than not

Finding someone to experiment on and turn them into a humanized monkey, then showing off the result of your experiment to others is probably going to be fine.