Ruling question: Is curator allowed to use ghost knowledge gained with spectre goggles?

If I see a lot of ghosts hovering someone, am I allowed to call them out on the basis that they are “interesting”?

If I see a ghost and say “flip if you’re revivable and spin if you’re not” and then ask them to point me to their corpse, is that against the rules?

If I full-on make a full alphabet oujia board on the holodeck and have an incredibly slow paced chat with ghosts, is that against the rules?

Where is the line drawn? There’s no rule or ruling insofar as I can tell and I’ve been playing it by ear and I don’t wanna be banned.

2 Likes

I mean… they wouldn’t add spectre googles if using them was against the rules.

6 Likes

Yeah my man! Reroutes plasma to distro

They would. They have in the past. They will in the future.

Features can be against the rules.

1 Like

I want to preface this by saying that I don’t think the goggles should exist at all, buuuut.

My stance as an admin is this. The goggles are not an exploit or oversight - they are intentionally available the curator and telling someone they can’t use them is dumb as fuck. By all means, abuse them until they’re removed imo, just keep your questions IC rather than directly asking in meta ways.

Having ghosts lead you to their body is a great use for them that helps keep people in the round longer. Having ghosts point out suspicious people is pretty eeeeehh, but you can’t really treat ghosts as hard proof anyway.

Half the ghosts will lie to you anyway just because.

7 Likes

This was going to be my response. If I see spectre goggle memes I actively go fuck with the curator doing it because it’s funny.

no but info counts as hearsay and you cant valid hunt them to bagcheck on mrp

I make a full A-Z keyboard in the holodeck using spraypaint with a letter on each tile so there’s no mistaking which letter they’re pointing to then have conversations.

Not that hard to type out a name and then “BAD.” Most ghosts want revenge on the person who killed them.

1 Like

Time to spell the nword

8 Likes

M I C H I R U C R I N G E

90% of the outcomes will be something like that.

You’ve never actually seen me in-game have you?

except you can’t use the syndie bomb even against sec

Syndicate bomb being buyable for non EAA is banbaiting

No its basedbating !’)92(

do ppl have so little self-control that exclusions needed to be coded for this

I’m probably being flippant but is it also ban-baiting to spawn as a non-hijack virologist or atmosian

1 Like

Yeah, half the symptoms, even if they don’t actually do harmful things at low thresholds, get you banned

Oh baby is it time for virology thread? :cowboy_hat_face:

I am Honk with excitement!

It’s banbaiting to make fun against the rules just because heads of staff are too lazy to check in on their underlings to make sure the “plasma to distro” pipe isn’t on and that negative symptoms are being neutered.

1 Like

why must mrp be this way

1 Like