Ruku101Pl banned by st0rmc4st3r

**CKEY:**Riku101Pl

**Admin’s CKEY:**st0rmc4st3r

**Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one:**both

**Ban Type:**permanemt

**Ban Length:**permanemt

**Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):**03/032020

**Round ID:**13100

**Ban Reason:**Blatant metacomms with Frivk. Please, read the rules, think about your behaveour and appeal on the forums when you are ready to obey the rules.

**Appeal Reason:**I can’t do anything in SS13 so I asked my friend for help

**Additional Information:**i read rules and I will follow them

1 Like

@St0rmC4st3r give us more information
How severe was this meta coms?

3 Likes

In the future if your new and using some form of chat to learn game
Best bet would be to ping admeme and if your day using discord, invite said admeme into the chat so he can supervise

1 Like

Yeah this ban is a joke

1 Like

Silent promotion to a “Captain’s assistant”. This and the nearly absent ammount of in-game communication resulted in a station-wide mutiny.
I wanted to see an appeal that I see currently. But I was also concerned about the ability to communicate with other crewmembers at all, because one of these players barely knows English.
I do not mind lifting the ban.
I shall also put them on a watchlist to avoid a ban feom other admins, since Frivk teaches Riku.

I didn’t call for a unban
Other than the silent promotion, did they do anything antaggy?

This is the court of the people and we shall cast judgement on their crimes

So. Now that I am at my computer I had the chance to examine the notes and recall the events properly.
Ruku has been noted for metacomming with Frivk a month ago and was warned that the next time it will be a ban.
Due to this my current opinion is that one week between the ban and the appeal is not enough. If they didn’t learn after a month after a warning, then one week of a ban won’t teach them either.

Literally all you have to do is post the logs. Ruko referencing a precedent and you giving your opinion on their behavior is not enough to convince a permaban for this as appropriate.

No admin will ever be able to convince you that a permanent ban is justified Sole. Log diving for proof on metacomms is something that would require pulling pretty much the entire rounds’ logs since it’s proven by showing that something didn’t happen.

Asking for logs to prove someone didn’t talk in a specific situation is like asking for logs to prove someone didn’t set off a bomb. There is no log that someone didn’t set off a bomb, we simply post “there was no bomb”.

This appeal has been handled and denied by the original banning admin now, so I’m locking unless another admin has input to add.