Ruko's Ruleing on bypassing pacifism

Barely any of the sage rounds, I barely see any actual roleplaying

And I’m saying you’re part of that problem based on this discussion.

4 Likes

You remember the greenshift times? We should do that to fix the problem, more people like me will be drawn to golden, and more pop for golden

1 Like

Can we just… merge this

And then stop arguing about this ?

5 Likes

just make it so when you roll antag, pacifism quirk is removed

1 Like

I object, as patches are a thing people actually do and most importantly: every single round I had smoker I got a craving mid space.

Turning it off automatically when you roll it is pretty bad. So is giving nothing objectives.

Would people be willing to turn off antag when playing their pacifist characters if there was a button on the lobby to disable antag rolling temporarily? That way it’ll be harder to forget to do so.

I think it’s already silly that we’re already semi-expected to un-gimp people who willingly gimped themselves. What’s the point of picking the perk if you’re going to complain when it actually impacts you.

I’m just picturing it now, taunting a blind person to chase you but he walks right into an emagged recycler, lmfao

1 Like

uh oh
I mean nicotine patches exist in real life, so I dont see how they are powergaming.

4 Likes

SS13 is actually a front for cigarrete companies trying to covertly make smoking cool again.

And its working.

3 Likes

They had me at plasma dipped cigarettes and emagged plasma vapes.

1 Like

blind people can check cams?

1 Like

yup, they can use any console as a nonblind person could.

Blindness is just a fisheye over your screen lmao, doesnt do anything else

Let’s take a neutral look at quirks from an IPC perspective:

These are not my current quirks, but every negative quirk that either has a) an immediate solution or b) isn’t applicable.

Unstable (and other mood-related quirks): hang out in the bar, take a shower, keep yourself repaired. ipc mood is usually pretty stable to begin with.

Social Anxiety: use a pda

Smoker: patches as recommended here, or as an IPC just chain-smoke - it won’t affect you whatsoever.

RDS: get mindbreaker toxin, as recommended and suggested

Prosthetic Limb: get it replaced with a real limb or chainsaw.

Prosopagnosia: IDs usually work fine to identify people, anyone who wants to hide their identity will do so with a gas mask or similar anyway

Paraplegic: replace legs/wheelchair superior anyway?

Nyctophobia: pda light

Nearsighted: you spawn with glasses

Light Drinker: don’t drink

Foreigner: pda

Family Heirloom: shove it up your ass

Blood Deficiency: ipc go brrr

Given this list of quirks and how easily they are to bypass to give you a total of +18 quirk points - 3x the positive quirk limit - rules limiting the bypassing and ignoring of these quirks seem necessary to me. They are supposed to be roleplay elements designed to stop your character from being a Mary Sue and give you some allowance to have positive quirks to balance it out.

I’m personally guilty of min/maxing my quirks previously, this used to be what my quirks would look like:

1 Like

I’m not sure you understood my PR, it doesn’t give you “nothing” objectives, it just gives you any other objectives that are not assassination/hijack/martyr ones. You still get the same amount of regular objectives as you normally would.
And it only applies for solo traitors, a pacifist who is part of a blood brothers/incursion/whatever other antag team will still receive murder objectives, since it can then be up to the other party to perform the dirty deeds.
(not applicable for nukies, as that is the one game mode that does in fact remove your pacifist trait at roundstart)

It was due to several reasons brought up in this thread that I wrote the PR, but mainly that it sort of encourages you to attempt to bypass the pacifism trait in order to perform a murder. Which I don’t think is suitable from a roleplaying perspective.

(i.e. why would a pacifist syndicate agent sign up for a mission to murder a nanotrasen employee when it’s against their nature to harm any living thing?)

1 Like

good rp, I can see anxious people using PDAs as a way to avoid directly talking to people.

This is similar to heirloom, it’s almost always a buff but I think only perscription glasses remove that nerasighted debuffs, not flash proof huds, no?

I have to agree its kinda wierd a pacafist wants to murder some one. This lets them act more with there quirk in mind instead of finding ways to bypass it

Yeah, and if anything, I am of the opinion that a random “steal an item” objective will probably be more difficult to successfully do than a random “murder someone” objective, especially when you have the pacifist trait.

There can still be “murder” objectives, just so as long as they’re worded like most vague murder objectives such as “ensure [name] does not escape on the shuttle alive or out of custody” meaning that you just need to arrange things in a way so they are marooned on the station or in cuffs on the shuttle. not only that but I believe a pacifist can still cause murder second hand if they plan it right. That, and I don’t believe it’s “bypassing pacifism” to use clandestine, indirect methods such as poisoned drinks, overdosing medications etc.

ok, how about just bypass it if you are an antag, you gotta complete your objectives, just bypass it, of course ruko won’t like it, I’m sure he would like to be a hijack pacifist