Ruko Famicom for adminbussing and creating a custom antag role to grief my round with the added possibility of a personal bias

The fact that you focus on this. And not the entire 2 hours worth of events shows that you don’t really understand roleplaying. Characters change and evolve. Characters aren’t perfect paragons of people, stress can get to them and affect their decision making choices. Frustrations can build up and trauma and loss can make them question what’s right?

Hell I knew damn well that if my character was in a sane state of mind that they would have no right or reason to attack the clown, but a shift of stress, trauma and frustrations wear down a human (lizard)

And Ruko making him an antag role isn’t what prompted him to go off and start hating you. Or me for that matter. Your actions is what caused all this hatred towards your clown.
Noone likes it when a child screams and cries and has a meltdown over being told no.
And noone likes an adult that when told to leave somewhere and gets pushed, screams assault for an hour and breaks their things. You had a whoole station of people and things to play with and yet you persisted on being with the two people who wanted nothing to do with you.

The whole round I never once stopped roleplaying as someone somewhat believable.
And you played an adult, who when “Assaulted” multiple times for going in a room, decided to spend an entire day (In game) devoted to being in the room with the people who “assaulted” you and then continued to harass, torment, and taunt those people who don’t want you there.

Shit Ruko didn’t even give him a GOOD weapon to go after you, he just vetted “yeah you got a good reason to be pissed at the clown enough to want to hurt him, no I’m not giving you a weapon with no RP and since you’re questioning it here have a weapon but you have to round end yourself to do so.”

1 Like

Just look at it like this, you as a clown, has succeed to make 2 perfectly sane crew shift start (was a scientist when lumen is roboticist 2 or 3 rounds in a row, and i know lumen wont go crazy over a minor thing), to mentally unstable killer end round, if this is what clown supposed to do i dont know anymore man.
Well lets just wait for other admin to logdive and give their opinion on this, thats the best we can do

The fact that YOU focus on this, instead of the attempted murder says everything I need to know about you.

The only evolution your character had was going from shoving/flashing to attempted murder.

None of this justifies attempted murder.

And yet you did.

Not an excuse, you don’t get to say, oh sorry I was stressed, that’s why I attempted the murder.

Literally the same thing can be said for you, but you chose to attempt murder instead.

Not really, you just resorted to harrassing/bullying the clown which culminated in an attempted murder.
Nothing you did was in a roleplay fashion, other than the fact that you said a few words before you resorted to violence.

You played as an adult, that when confronted with the fact that I was authorized to be in there, chose to ignore it because you didn’t like the outcome, and resort to violence to solve your “problem”.

He literally gave LUMEN the green light to outright murder me, that’s admin abuse, and singling out a person for what is essentially an IC issue.

Ruko then continued to bend over backwards, after giving him the objective, to arm him. The weapon use was also optional, LUMEN could have just toolboxed me to death or whatever and exploded himself on the shuttle and it would have been just fine.

Ruko crossed a line, and you crossed a line, from RP into violence, and the attempt to permanently remove another player from the round over decisions that staff made, that you didn’t seem to agree with.

If you choose to escalate into violence from a person that is not physically fighting back, you are in the wrong, period.

Here’s the biggest point of contention

While the situations where you can escalate to violence against someone who is not violent are limited, they are far from zero. You don’t magically get out of being killed by choosing not to fight back when you push someone over the edge in other ways.

Nothing I did resulted or could have resulted with anyone being permanently removed from a round.
That said.

I look forward to hearing what ever is decided. Take all of my input this thread as a player report towards Crack for not understanding the point of a clown.

I signed up to play as a Roboticist on the station and I believe I acted in character for all of my actions. I understand that is not a blanket excuse for my actions, but I do believe that they were justified regardless.
I do not believe Ruko, LUMEN, or myself ruined a round for anyone. As, aside from myself being murdered on the shuttle and LUMEN removing himself in a failed attack, noone involved was removed from the round nor was griefed or forced to spend any lenthy amount of time crit or dead.
While I did have some enjoyment roleplaying with the lawyer Dave Lastname and a cool Sec Lizard who understood my stress in character, the majority of my experience that round was negative.

As of this post, unless a question is asked of me by Staff I am going to refrain from participating further, as there is nothing further to be gained. I also intend to remain out of game until this matter is resolved.

Thank you and have a good shift all.

Pushing over the edge as in: “asking captain nicely for access for once and not tiding in?”

2 Likes

I don’t see that even remotely validates the fact you gave the Roboticist antagonist status because the Clown mildly inconvenienced him.

Even more is that if Crack is being entirely truthful, he still still nothing explicitly wrong other than getting some of sec riled up over a few choice words over the radio,

2 Likes

Speaking as Lei’s lawyer, I had been looking for the clown for about 10 minutes so I could serve him Lei’s restraining order. I ran into Lei in the halls, and invited him to get some drinks. Just as we started walking to the bar, I heard over the radio that the clown was in Cargo. I told Lei to meet me at the bar, and went to Cargo to serve the clown his papers. I arrived in the lobby and was about to ask Kiera about the clown when he was dragged out of Cargo by the HoS. I actually didn’t realize that Lei had tagged along, as I was focused on the spectacle taking place between the HoS and Clown. Then Lumen, who I had warned about damaging Lei’s case, walked over, said a witty one liner, and exploded, blowing my arm off.

Wantonly murdering the clown because he doesn’t live up to your ‘social cues’ is in no way MRP. That guy is just trying to cover his lrp behaviour in mrp language.

1 Like

[Implant them with microbomb, which will gib their body upon death, which is permanent death for an IPC unless admin intervention occurrs]
First roboticist: “Wait no, please let me have the first thing I asked for”
Evil-God: “Make a substantial offering to me upon the altar of the nearest chapel”
First Roboticist: “I don’t want to do that, can I do something else”
[Kinda baffled by their refusal given the prior event that just occurred]
Evil-God: How about you just go kill yourself near the one that wronged you

I honestly couldn’t believe what I was reading here. Did you extort a player into becoming an antag by implanting them with a minibomb? Then when they complained about it you tell them to go kill themselves?

1 Like

Praying makes you a valid target for adminbus, which can include permanent round removal type things.

1 Like

Alright, I have time to actually answer the thread itself now.

Responses to Crack, collapsed for reason shown at the bottom of this section

Because I asked them to get on since the second roboticist was seeking to escalate the situation IC against you. This is the prayer I got from the second roboticist:

Dear God… please… Just let the fucking clown die so I can rest in peace… He harassed us all shift… drove my friend to madness… drove me to questionable sanity… Then… then the HoP GIVES HIM A MEDAL! AND THE RD PROMOTES HIM TO HEAD OF MY DEPARTMENT!! THE FUCKING CLOWN!! MY COWORKER IS DEAD!

I told them in an OOC way that I wasn’t comfortable helping them further the situation. They opened an ahelp to complain in response, to which I pulled a second admin in and told them nothing of the situation. They decided not to rule in either direction after looking at logs and hearing both sides of the complaint.

This is the part of your story I never saw. Since this is a report against me, it’s not my place to pull logs to verify one way or the other. If this story is the whole truth and you aren’t embellishing or leaving out key details, then yes: this is almost definitely a case where I didn’t need to endorse one side of the conflict.

You have already proven to leave out key details when giving your side of a story though, so I’m not particularly expecting this to be the case. You also went out of your way to grab a small snippet of a much larger conversation from over a month ago on discord in which I was literally helping you just to make me look worse.

What I did see was this:

I don’t consider lying via loudspeaker over comms to get the person arrested to be “arguing”. The argument literally escalated while there were several witnesses to the fact you were not being assaulted but claiming you were. The pink loudspeaker comms are also what attracted me to the scene because I, as an admin, knew there were no antagonists that should be engaging in this sort of misconduct.

I arrived in time to see that you were not harmed despite calling it out as such to attract a crowd. I presume this is your clown gimmick, as has been done several times in the past by clowns in general (Perhaps not you, but it’s not uncommon for clowns to wildly embellish the danger they’re in). You pressed it to the point of the roboticist snapping with

“You want to see assault, I’ll show you assault!”

At which point the roboticist crit you with what is clearly no intention to kill. They did not continue trying to harm you after you were in crit, there were several witnesses around including myself as Ghostmin. Under ordinary circumstances, this would be overescalation, but again I interpreted what you were doing as trying to frame the roboticist for something they didn’t do, and trying to provoke them.

Security detains them first
You prove you have access to robotics on the card by being thrown into the door (which isn’t great in itself, but it works I suppose)
You are eventually left to do your thing in robotics as you claim you have been trying to do.
And this is where shit goes from “annoying clown gimmick” to where I almost bwoinked you over taking things too far, even for a clown
You disassemble the robotics machinery. Having already pushed the roboticist as far as you did… you dismantle their machines/computers.

Since you have a pretty clean record, I made the decision not to bwoink and instead encouraged the situation to play out IC via setting the roboticist to an antagonist and telling them to carry out revenge via voice in their head. They were only given the objective to prevent you from escaping alive at this point.

I did however set a short duration secret note on you at this point with the following text: "Seems to have made it their personal goal to annoy someone to the point of being murdered justifiably as a clown. Not sure if this is a regular thing or not.". The note expires in a short amount of time and is only there just in case an admin receives a complaint or sees you pushing clown gimmick into self-antag territory.

It was a very long time after I gave them the antagonist role before they actually took action against you. The microbomb implant that I gave to them was a punishment as a result of being excessively greedy via prayers - it ensured when they went after you to kill you that they would not get a second chance on your life.

As far as what they told security to convince an arrest to take place, I’m not sure - security may have even been acting on their own to get to the bottom of the dispute because they had just prior to that forcibly arrested and searched the roboticist. Chances are decent they were going to do the same to you… but then the bombing happened.

Microbombs are not powerful enough to be lethal against healthy targets or to breach the station - they provide a temporary inconvenience in the form of a few minutes deaf and ~50 damage. The impact of collateral is quite low overall even if they hit several people (which they unfortunately did).

The bomb did not “” Take out “” anyone. You were all treated at medbay quickly.

Now this is the one I did save, because you didn’t just say you were going to report me, you tried to weaponize reddit as well.

Crack: LUMEN the robotics IPC tried to murder me and the HOS by exploding himself.
Ruko: It was you specifically and it was admin sanctioned. They were made a custom antagonist “Clown Hater” as a result of the antagonizing you did to them.
Crack: They bullied me all round and get rewarded with antag status, awesome
Crack: Look for my admin report
Ruko: From my perspective it was you who was bullying, baiting and trying to antagonize them in their workspace.
Ruko: But yeah, if you disagree, an admin report is the way to go.
Crack: That’s cool, look for my admin report
Crack: This is straight up admin abuse
Crack: Also feel free to look for my reddit post on this as well

I made a remark afterwards about this at one point along the lines of “I didn’t know Karen the Clown act was genuinely how they felt”. You’ve lived up to that so far by leaving out key information in the report just from the parts I’ve witnessed, and also via the discord screenshot taken without the full context to cast me in a worse light.

Having read your reply to my blind post, I’m not even up for further direct responses to you - I’ll wait for logs.

You definitely have some sort of twisted mindset over this entire thing to warp punishments against a greedy prayer into being punishments aimed at you. You clearly aren’t going to believe what I have to say on the matter and seek to put false motivations behind my actions for the coming reddit drama post.

Neither party in this was an antagonist with a round ruined by me? I don’t understand this statement.

As in everything I and the second roboticist have outlined so far. The clown did far more than simply ask nicely to be in robotics.

:thinking:
Logs will be good for this.

:thinking:
Logs also will be good for this. Quoted both of these to ensure both sides are looked into.

Once again - there is a time and place for violence even when violence isn’t used against the other party first. If this did happen, this is absolutely one of those times.

This is almost definitely not Crack’s fault. I put in a bug report on the previous round about the two-handed weapons being bugged - try your best not to hold this against them as a malicious action.

According to story - clown was crit once before I gave that pass, and the person putting the clown into crit did so with several witnesses and did not push it beyond crit. The clown was assuredly going to receive help and not be removed from the round.

I had also witnessed the clown antagonize the roboticist heavily before the roboticist crit them and before giving the roboticist a pass to kill them, though I did not witness the entire exchange beforehand.

That is a fair criticism, though I’m truthfully not sure how I would go about de-escalating the situation without getting involved as an admin. I explained why I almost chose to, but didn’t in the end within the drop-down above. TL;DR - I thought clown was being intentionally obnoxious as their gimmick.

The round was Dynamic and upon an indirect request to vibe for the round I neutered the already low threat, opting instead to take a direct role in introducing threats to the station instead. The first was a monkey that never actually made it to the station and was never given antag datum (If you want the details on the monkey, send me a DM, it’s not really relevant to the thread).

And shortly after the monkey, I caught wind of this exchange due to the huge pink comic sans from the clown.

Also I am not Roku :stuck_out_tongue:

This summarizes my thoughts on endorsing the first roboticist’s revenge, and is what I interpreted the situation as myself. Keeping in mind the clown had not yet fucked off to Cargo by the point I took that action.

Have answered this within the rest of this post, and the prior much larger post as well.

No: Roboticist was already an antagonist, and happy to be able to be sanctioned in carrying out revenge, based on their response to the prompting when I gave them the custom antagonist role.

• Player asks for help from god, god asks for an offering and gets silence.
  • God strikes a deal, and player gets greedy, asking for a larger reward than they initially did
  • Player gets punished for greed, asks forgiveness
  • God directs them on the path to forgiveness
  • Player answers by being greedy again and is told to kill themselves to redeem themselves, more or less. They were a bit disappointed to find their suicide unrewarded.
Read the entire exchange again instead of just the end part:

I did read the whole thing. Just could not believe how the situation was handled. The way this custom antag was crafted would end up doing way more damage than to just the clown. Then giving them the die gloriously objective? I know there was an attempt at justification for that but seems like a completely wrong thing to do, in my opinion. Kill the clown then do whatever you want?

I don’t even see what the clown did to deserve this. He had permission from the captain himself and even went as far at to obtain proof that he had access. If the roboticists didn’t like that they should of took it up with the captain, rd , or security. Otherwise they were way out of line from what I’ve read of the report

You definitely did not read the entire thing then.

The only objective at time of creation was “Prevent clown from escaping alive”. Die a glorious death was applied after they died and had no chance of revival. Even if it was decided to revive them after suicide bombing the HoS, an IPC brain from a gibbed body cannot be re-inserted without admin intervention due to a bug that has gone unfixed for months.

There was zero opportunity for them to use “Die a Glorious death” against the rest of the crew, it was added to enable partial greentext since they followed the direction to kill themselves.

As of right now, you are taking only one story into account and assuming it is true: The clown’s.

What say you to the other angle posted in the thread, where the clown supposedly vows to make the roboticist’s life miserable to the roboticists before seeking captain’s permission to be in the department.

If you assume their story is true, do you still think Roboticist acted out of line trying to remove the clown, and escalating against them when they refuse to leave?

I acted based on witnessing excessive embellishment on the clowns part followed by a fight leading to crit clown, followed by clown making their now actually legitimate case to security after goading the roboticist… and then total sabotage of the department by a clown that “has a right” to be there after finally being granted uninhibited access.

Assuming I’m telling the truth, do you believe the clown didn’t deserve IC revenge?

Sure the clown could deserve revenge. IC revenge. Not having a custom antag created to specifically hunt them down, by an admin. In the end the report isn’t about the clown or the roboticist it’s about how an admin handled a situation. Going through the report filled me with disgust.

This could if been handled completely ic and the intervention honestly ruined more people’s rounds than if the situation had been left alone. The situation had been completely de-escalated by the time the antag made his move and this bussing only made things worse.

I was the Head of Personnel this round and did it in response to everything that went down. I had less knowledge than you and had no idea what the fuck went on and everything that went on would’ve been rather scarring to a normal person, however I also made sure that everything was accounted for in regards to my suicide - not permanent or anything.

But, I digress, this is about what happened, and I am going to provide my version of events that I wrote shortly after the round so I wouldn’t forget.

Recollections of Round 30641, and the Clown Hater.

As a recap –

The clowns extended access allowed them to enter Robotics and assumedly get honk bots – or at least I assume so. He continually tried to enter and was removed multiple times by Robotics for reasons unknown to me, but I ICly sided with them so they could do their jobs and assist the AI in its endeavours. The Captain revoked his access when I told him that he was refusing to leave and being a nuisance, after Robotics had thrown away the paper that was stamped by the Captain.

The Clown claimed he was assaulted multiple times by Robotics albeit no medical personnel too my knowledge stepped forward, and this would easily be proven true or false by logging. This continued for a decent amount of time and while Robotics could have let him in, the Clown was instigating by continually going back in and then going back out. The shift was quiet and little was occurring so Security was fully focusing on this, and watched the Roboticists flash the clown multiple times without doing anything.

After this occurrence, the Roboticist, LUMEN, told him that he was going to show him harm – and beat him in too critical condition. Security intervened and supposedly brigged both, with the Clown receiving medical attention and going silent on communications. The Roboticist offered to forgive the clown and let him back in to Robotics, so I granted him access with the ID Modification application and went on my way. Eventually things went back to how they were with tension, and the Clown destroyed both of the exosuit fabricators in Robotics, requiring them to be re-linked and resulting in him being beaten.

The Clown then went to work in Cargo, and for a large portion of the shift, worked in Cargo silently with no ID or similar. LUMEN also started to request the location of the Clown, and the Lawyer dropped a restraining order off at both parties. LUMEN as clearly suicidal and acting as such, and came to Cargo. He then detonated some form of IED or similar, with enough potency to gib him, albeit doing minimal damage to anybody nearby that was quickly healed.

Now, my recollection of events may not be the most accurate, but I am going to provide my input as I saw it and as I heard it - and while it may be somewhat anachronistic, it can still be tied to logs and used to prove that something, did in fact, occur. Over Command channel, there wasn’t much going on and I was mostly focused on doing my Head of Personnel duties of checking out the service departments, talking to Lei occasionally and letting them have a vacation but being completely out of the fucking loop of went on, and invariably hanging myself in my office with a note detailing the situation.

As for this, it wasn’t exactly a custom antag - it was just one given a microbomb that easily facilitated an incredibly weak microbomb that wouldn’t’ve killed anybody who was hit by the blast, to my knowledge, unless they were on the exact same tile as the user at the time of detonation.

Ultimately, it spiced up a rather dull and boring extended greenshift with a moment of action that gave Security something to do, and made roleplay sense – giving a player more freedom and assurance that they could, you know, roleplay somebody who after having their job taken over and being driven to the point of insanity that they can attempt a murder-suicide. The clown did not die as a result of this, nor did anybody else, and it was overall harmless spice to a round that resulted in more roleplay on a roleplay server.

You will certainly hate me adminning then. This is how I endorse IC revenge when players aren’t sure whether it is appropriate or not.

By that same token - the situation had already been de-escalated before the clown sabotaged the department. Security had made their arrest and everything was dealt with. Instead roboticist came back to find their workspace completely sabotaged, instilling further conflict.

The claim that the situation is de-escalated is just another claim by the clown, and one I disagree with. They got their win and decided to antagonize robotics further, so I sanctioned revenge officially.

No antagonist gear was presented at this time, and what was eventually presented was done as a direct punishment to the roboticist - the fact they inconvenienced others with it is not out of scope for the round to me.

Ruko, with all due respect, why are you overseeing this post, shouldn’t another admin be handling this?

If this is how you handle it, you should not be an admin then, no offense, but every instance where you acted like this should be looked into and scrutinized by the administration staff. This is clear abuse of your powers and your role in the round (which should be minimal at most).

You do not get to have fun with your admin powers at the expense of others, it is wrong, and is always wrong no matter what, and degrades the trust the station has in the administration staff.

I know that you most likely had good intentions, but you went about it in the absolute wrong way. In a way that degrades trust, and numerous other players have privately expressed concerns to me in regards to this.

By the time you granted antag status to LUMEN, I was already self removed from the situation and in Cargo hanging out with WIRE the pAI. This is provable via logs.

Ruko I am going to ask you point blank, were you playing that round or were you deadmining the round?
How many other people have you done this to? Was there always an admin report filed? Was the head staff (other than yourself) aware of the events when you did this?

I am not overseeing this report, I am giving my side of it and responding to the points presented. Asking me not to defend myself is like asking an admin to conduct ahelps without contacting the other party.

I have not looked at or posted any logs except your ahelp. I am acting entirely out of memory.

Yes it is provable by logs that they were granted antagonist status WAY before you were in cargo. It was right around the time you hid in a body bag to send PDA messages from the Chapel, before you were even set to arrest for dismantling the machines yet.

Again. I bluntly disagree and I’ll quote what I just said in the public discord channel:

Admins exist to enhance rounds. If you don’t want that, we may as well take praying out entirely. Enhancement sometimes comes at the expense of others, especially if the admin taking action deems the player worthy of punishment as I did. That is just how things be.

I was observing from start to finish. The roboticist was actually my second attempt to introduce an antagonist to Dynamic for the round. @Inithis and I both wanted to prevent a wizard from spawning at 10 or so minutes in, and at that point I set the rounds’ threat to zero.

First antagonist flopped hardcore, and was never even given antag datum because they failed to reach the station.

Second was Roboticist in response to what I observed.

No matter what antagonist I introduced it would have been “at the expense” of whatever players they were assigned to kill.

Custom antagonists are a frequent occurrence for me

No because this is not against admin conduct to do. Bias in doing so is, on the other hand. This report is valid if the claim to bias is upheld, and I should and probably will be demoted immediately if that’s found to be true

Aware of this specific incident? No.
Aware that admins do this in general? Yes. Once again, it is a regular occurrence for admins to be hands-on with rounds.

You would hate to hear that we are more or less expected to adminbus rounds to an end within two hours, and to start taking action by 90 minutes.

This is the entire section of admin conduct dedicated to bringing rounds to an end, with the final option being literally adminbussing to destroy the station.

Is this not blatant manipulation of the round? I want to throw up. Is this going on every round you are admining?