Admin’s CKEY: @Kerbin_Fiber

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: both

Which server did the ban happen on? lrp

Ban Type: server perma

Ban Length: perma

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 6/27/2020

Round ID: 17788

Ban Reason: Posted this in OOC: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZFraC4VC70

Appeal Reason: its just a song with the n word in it. not a clickable link. its like sending a rap song or something
also

i was not silenced i was just immediately perma banned for sending a song

Additional Information: filter is cringe

4 Likes

i thought my game froze so i rejoined and bruhh i was like whattt the hell PERMA BAN for n word song???

Ummm, no, context matters here. It’s a minstrel song, deliberately perpetuating a racist stereotype, not a contemporary piece of music.

Also, “As of the time of writing, the usage of slurs and other intolerant language is prohibited in the following locations: Discord, our forums, Sage IC/OOC, and Golden OOC. Attempting to use such language in any of those locations may result in your account being banned.”

The silencing, from what I understand, applies on the forums and on discord, though I’ll need an admin to weigh in on that.

That part specifically states the forums rules, so yes, you’re right on that. Everything in the above post has everything I was going to say. wtf…

1 Like

I didn’t click the link when I first saw the appeal, but now that I have holy crap. That isn’t even posting it to be funny or ironic, that’s just a straight up racist song.

how would you be aware of my intentions?

3 Likes

Pretty fucking obvious what your intentions were mate

Pretty aware of your intentions when you’ve constantly stated how you dislike being unable to say the gamer word, use of the gamer word, and how there’s no context of this link being sent as a meme

my intentions were to see if anyone noticed that the song is the ice cream truck song

its also called “turkey in the straw”. i was waiting to see if anyone noticed but i got banned in like 20 seconds

bruh don’t pull random shit to appeal this you literally posted a racist song in OOC, that’s literally your intention; to be racist. don’t try to sugar-coat it, you literally just posted a racist song to be racist, simple as.

The only one question remains… why?

I’m gonna pull this out on ya to see if anyone disagrees with keeping the ban, but I think it should stay.

@GameAdmin

I agree with the ban staying, even if this is getting lifted I think you should still serve a month or so.

Valid ban,

I’d reduce to x months and add a year OOC ban.

Though they dont seem to understand they broke the rules.

I obviously broke the rules I can understand that
however my intentions were unclear because i was immediately banned and now everyone thinks im a literal racist lol
im just saying a perma ban for sending a song that is also the ice cream truck song that says the n word in it I feel is unjust

like even a perma ooc ban and like 2-3 month server ban but bro… perma ban… make me cry bro

I agree with a ban being valid, and honestly with the general record you have I’m not really for the ban being lifted without some sort of vouch either. Month ban for metagrudge/extreme harassment already, several other bans for being salty about dying and then breaking the rules.

Two month fullban at minimum, and perma OOC seems good to me given the record we have

1 Like

let me just add there was no metagrudge in my 1 month ban but it was stated in the ban reason anyways and i didnt appeal it
because i misread the message from the banning admin and assumed there was an appeal up already

I’m down for a month server ban and a year OOC ban.

banned for a month on a 2d spaceman game because they sent a racist song? This is where we are at?