Round start Paperwork

I actually really enjoy HOP/QM players that enforce and make paper work to fill out, at least increases the realism slightly (for a game with clown mechs and space wizards) and makes you more involved and interact more with heads than you’d usually do. I think in certain departments there should be a few copies of forms from anything from requesting a job change, permission forms for people to have certain objects outside of their department, contracts, etc. Making the forms isn’t difficult if you have before, but players are mostly too lazy to do so.

I know the forms will probably be unused most rounds but it at least gives the option, and most offices that these forms would be used at have copiers so people can make more copies of the forms.

6 Likes

Finally an option on roundstart to grab a welder and burn some paper

4 Likes

Well not gonna lie i hate Hop’s that make fast-food line with their wall of text paperwork, it’s a good suggestion anyhow since it’s my personal lack of patience.

If security cared they would legitimately catch criminals with HoP job change notes.

1 Like

Why not give lawyers/detective/warden a copy of these notes or even make some sort of a system.

Sure the hop/qm might stamp some paper but what’s the point of storing it if sec cannot see it.

Maybe hop should get a special hud that shows what access people have

Which will be promptly powergamed and stolen by sec.

Yes, please do roundstart paperwork, I love annoying people when I hand them a form to fill in

5 Likes

Its an effective tactic against grey men and antags, no sane person wants to wait 5 minutes in a line to get maints access when they can hack in 10 seconds

1 Like

Sometimes when a Hop hands me paperwork and asks me to get permission from a dept head I just walk away and then fill in the name myself and then come back a couple minutes later to see if the Hop even checks anything before handing out access.

2 Likes

That’s why HOP’s have to request stamps, expecting them to sign things when you don’t have unique signatures just means everyone is going to do exactly what you did and just type in the box the heads name

Aurora has a system where theres forms you can print out from consoles depending on access for certain papers

You can type %s to sign things in a special font.

1 Like

force HOP to do paperwork on war ops image

5 Likes

I agree. Paperwork is okay.

Perhaps we should build a machine that will grind the hop INTO paperwork?

I do not enjoy paperwork hops.

1 Like