[RodBoward] Admin Report

CKEY: Maximus Robusticus

Your Discord: Morris#1337

Offender’s CKEY: RodBoward

LRP or MRP server: LRP

Date: 01-25-2020

Round Number: 11851

Incident Description: It’s a tot round, AI is malf and doing really well for himself. Death and destruction is afoot and the badboi’s are doing a good job. AI gets a couple of kills, including myself. I’m skulkin around in ghost chat until I see this.

[(F)](DEAD: Invisible Man says, “hey”
DEAD: Invisible Man says, “go to prides mirror”
DEAD: Invisible Man says, “be rune golem”
DEAD: Invisible Man says, “then fuck up ai”

Now I’m thinking “wow yeah that’s pretty scummy, nobody would do that though they’re just memeing.”

Enter Tei-Ocheeva, an ash lizard turned runic golem. I only noticed this because I was following the AI Eye, and he shoots right to his core. Chat Logs to follow:

Tei-Ocheeva says, “Well well well.”
Tei-Ocheeva says, “Hello.”
Tei-Ocheeva says, “Ai.”

Tei-Ocheeva, at this point, is co-located with the AI on the satellite, he brought a spear and some tools. After some unfriendly banter he says “I hate to do this…” and cuts all the wires in the AI’s apc, then kills the AI with a spear he brought from lavaland. Afterwards he teleports out and goes about his merry business bragging about killing the AI like the robust mans he is.

No admins were on, so I pinged for one to get on because it’s pretty obvious that some salty ghost decided “hey let’s get some sweet revenge on this AI for killing me hehehehe”. RodBoward hops on, and I tell him what happened. Logs here to follow:

– Administrator private message –
Admin PM from- [RodBoward] : Whomst
PM to- Admins : the runic golem Tei-Ocheeva was a ghost then became an ash lizard, used pride’s mirror to make himself a runic golem, teleported to ai core and killed the AI.
Admin PM from- [RodBoward]: Another person said they were going to do it. It’s wasn’t the person who said they were.
PM to- Admins : (F) DEAD: Invisible Man says, “hey”#(F) DEAD: Invisible Man says, “go to prides mirror”#(F) DEAD: Invisible Man says, “be rune golem”#F) DEAD: Invisible Man says, “then fuck up ai”##here is him planning it in ghost chat, then he looked around as a ghost to find pride’s mirror relative to the ash lizard spawn and did exactly this.
PM to- Admins : the AI was having a really good malf round then this dude just decides to use ghost knowledge and just fuckin revenge kill the AI
Admin PM from- **[RodBoward] : One of the borgs was plasmaflooding when he came to the station as Runic Golem. He also saw a hacked APC in the AI upload.
PM to- Admins : he legit only came to the station to fuck over the AI, he was probably going out of his way to look for signs it was malf just to justify it.
PM to- Admins : I’m also fairly certain he teleported straight to the AI chamber after becoming a runic golem

Rod closed my tickets after a few minutes with no reply. I opened another one for clarification.

PM to- Admins : so … nothing being done about it?
Admin PM from- **[RodBoward] : It’s nearly impossible to prove that’s exactly what he did. Plus he can kill the AI as ash lizard if he wants to.
PM to- Admins : no… they were literally talking about doing it in deadchat and then that happened
Admin PM from- **[RodBoward] : Someone else said to do it.
PM to- Admins : okay so someone else was talking about doing it, he still did it. That’s really fucked up and shouldn’t be allowed.
Admin PM from- **[RodBoward] : So you want me to punish someone, for doing something valid, because someone else said to do it?
PM to- Admins : I want you to punish him because he teleported straight there to kill an antag that killed him as a ghost roll. If you don’t see how that’s unacceptable I swear I’ll legit make an admin complaint because that shit is ridiculous.
PM to- Admins : I don’t get how you don’t understand this
PM to- Admins : If someone kills me, and i become a ghost roll just to get my revenge on them, especially when it’s someone that can’t move like an AI, an then I ruin their round? That’s unacceptable.
Admin PM from- **[RodBoward]: Go for it. I look forward to the complaint.
PM to- Admins : Thanks

So here we are, I believe Rod made the wrong choice and let this person get away with being a complete dickhead to an antagonist. Yes, ash lizards can kill the AI if they want, but I feel as if this case should be an exception to that. If you die to an AI, someone gives you a nifty idea for how to fuck them over in deadchat, then you spawn as a ghostroll and carry out that idea to the fucking letter, you should be banned from ghost rolls, bapped on the nose with a newspaper, and told “you’re a bad boy”. This shouldn’t be allowed to fly, and Rod just let it happen. At this point I really don’t care about what happens to the player that did this, but what irks me is that the admin involved didn’t use his noggin and see that this was obviously not done in good faith.

In Rod’s defense, he asked in discord if this was proveable, and stuff like this is very hard to prove. If it was the same person in dchat then that would be him obviously planning, although Rod said they were different people.

Better to only ban 100% guilty players than ban things like metaknowledge which we can’t prove they were using.

Imo I think this should be a player report on the golem, not an admin report since Rod could only really use what he had, sure someone said it in deadchat but since it wasn’t proven that they guy didn’t just get super lucky and stumble across the hacked APCs and plasmafloods (the biggest problem with metagaming reports).

[2020-01-25 16:38:05.167] GAME: Bruce U/(Gerald Rivendare) became an ash walker
[2020-01-25 16:43:51.049] SAY: MinecrafterBoi/(Invisible Man) (DEAD) “go to prides mirror” (Unexplored Location (93, 89, 5))
[2020-01-25 16:43:56.050] SAY: MinecrafterBoi/(Invisible Man) (DEAD) “be rune golem” (Lavaland Wastes (102, 81, 5))
[2020-01-25 16:44:00.240] SAY: MinecrafterBoi/(Invisible Man) (DEAD) “then fuck up ai” (Lavaland Wastes (102, 81, 5))

He was alive at the time that was said in dsay.

In Rod’s defense, he asked in discord if this was proveable, and stuff like this is very hard to prove. If it was the same person in dchat then that would be him obviously planning, although Rod said they were different people.

Better to only ban 100% guilty players than ban things like metaknowledge which we can’t prove they were using.

Imo I think this should be a player report on the golem, not an admin report since Rod could only really use what he had, sure someone said it in deadchat but since it wasn’t proven that they guy didn’t just get super lucky and stumble across the hacked APCs and plasmafloods (the biggest problem with metagaming reports).

He was alive at the time that was said in dsay.

Okay, the points you bring up are fair, but I’m curious for the following

1. How long did it take him to find pride’s mirror, turn into a rune golem, then teleport into the AI’s core
  2. Did the AI or a borg kill him.

Uh, so. He beat himself to death with God Hand. Got cloned. Then killed himself with muscle spasms. Funny stuff. Someone else can handle the rest though. I tried to show you that in game the next round, but you already made the report.

did tei-ocheeva actually say “well well well hello ai” cause i feel like that’s enough to ask that player why he was doing what he was doing. it’s not like Rod is exempt from any criticism, he easily could’ve pressed the player to get a confession but didn’t bc ? no evidence? to ask a question?

Ash Lizards are allowed to murder and plunder as they please. That, along with the fact that they were alive when the dsay occurred lead me to believe that these events are valid. I’ll leave the report open for a bit more, but unless “incriminating” evidence pops up this report is invalid.