Rockewell mentor application

Your CKEY: Rockewell

Your Discord: RickyRockewell#1195

How long have you been playing ss13?: 2 years-ish, although this account is new, i had a older one back from 2015 that i used to play on tg with, i played for a year there and then took a brake from the game, i`ve lost access to that account since then.

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?:

Game Experience (More Detailed): I am well versed in most jobs, with the exception of botany since i was never really interested in it, i also like science alot, being well versed in xenobiology and robotics.

Playtime for Rockewell Playtime:

• Atmospheric Technician 25h (22%)
  • Botanist 1h (1%)
  • Chief Engineer 5h (4%)
  • Cook 50m (0%)
  • Cyborg 4h (4%)
  • Lawyer 1h (1%)
  • Medical Doctor 20m (0%)
  • Research Director 50m (0%)
  • Roboticist 2h (1%)
  • Scientist 38h (35%)
  • Security Officer 13h (11%)
  • Shaft Miner 6h (6%)
  • Station Engineer 6h (5%)
  • Living 110h (100%)
  • Ash Walker 60m (0%)
  • Servant Golem 20m (0%)
  • Free Golem 40m (0%)
  • Ancient Crew 20m (0%)
  • Ghost 29h (26%)

apply with more hours

I know i have low hours, but i’m still quite experienced with in-game mechanics, if you had any questions you could provide and my awnsers prove them selve’s satisfactory you could change your mind.

Give him some more niche questions and give him a shot that way I suppose.

Slugs vs Buckshot, what’s up with that?

Soporific and Tech shells, what’s da difference?

Extrapolator, what is it and what does it do?

Name some ways of breaking into Captain’s office, stealth or no stealth, go wild with your answers.

Slugs vs Buckshot, what’s up with that?

Slugs are just one big shell instead of multiple smaller ones, better to use than buckshot in long range engagements.

Soporific and Tech shells, what’s da difference?
Sporific* Sporific are shells that light the person hit on fire while leaving a fire tile through where they pass. And tech shells in specific each have different uses, going from pulse shells that are arguibly the strongest shotgun shells there are to ion and scatter shells that each have a more specific use.

Extrapolator, what is it and what does it do?

It`s that item that allows viro to both see the symptoms and stats of a disease that someone posess as well as taking a sample of said disease.

Name some ways of breaking into Captain’s office, stealth or no stealth, go wild with your answers.

I like using thermite, which is a mix of iron, aluminum and oxygen, spalsh 60u on a reinforced wall , ignite it with a torch or similar and it will burn through the wall,if its meta i just burn the wall right next to hallway that connects the caps room, and then take the locker somewhere safer to break it and take the spare.

1 Like

Correct, buckshot however costs half as much iron and deals a tad less damage, even if all pellets connect.

Spot on, it can also be upgraded IIRC.

That is one way, I was hoping for a couple of more ways but knowing you can thermite in does indeed show that despite having 100 hours, you know what you’re doing.

You confused dragons breath with Sporific, Soporific sleep the targets they hit, unless they were the ones you could load with chems :thinking: I often confuse those two, but you were a bit off…
Tech shells are pretty based, yes.
@Archanial
Pinging you just in case these answers would maybe change your mind.

Some nerd gets dragged into medbay. Skull mark on medhud. Probable causes and treatments?

How would I humanize a monkey via genetics console?

Some guy mhelps if something would be against the rules. What do you tell him?

How would I reset a borg’s module?

How would a heretic lay down a rune?

Some nerd gets dragged into medbay. Skull mark on medhud. Probable causes and treatments?

He is dead, and has been dead for a long while, you can either clone him , if he is husked then you must remove his brain or take the long way and heal his body with synthflesh, or you can treat his wounds, and try to defibrilate afterwards in a stasis bed, you can also do revival surgery if you so prefer, and most likely causes of death could range really, its mostly because the body has been dead for long in the majority of cases.

How would I humanize a monkey via genetics console?

Scramble dna.

Some guy mhelps if something would be against the rules. What do you tell him?

To ahelp it instead, as the admins are the ones who will handle you in case you break the rules , and are more suited to awnser rule specific questions.

How would I reset a borg’s module?

IIRC, you unlock the cover open the borgs panel and put a reset module in, you can also disassemble the borg after removing the battery and wrenching it, and then reasslembing it back up, although its a longer process for sure.

How would a heretic lay down a rune?

Click with his codex on any tile should do it.

Also a common sign of feigned death (Regen coma, zombie powder, revival stasis), and cant be cured with revival surgery.

Or just… use the gene sequencer like a normal person…

Good.

Not on beecode. Here, you have to hack a borg (Unlock panel, crowbar open, remove battery, unscrew to reveal wires. Pulse until you get the one that makes it’s ‘Module display flicker.’ Cut and mend that one.)

Incorrect. However, this change was more recent (And super confusing). Rune-laying is now linked to the grasp, but you have to use the grasp in hand for some reason.

Overall, ±0.

Not on beecode. Here, you have to hack a borg (Unlock panel, crowbar open, remove battery, unscrew to reveal wires. Pulse until you get the one that makes it’s ‘Module display flicker.’ Cut and mend that one.)

Thank`s for telling me that, if someone asks me how to reset a borg now i will be able to help them better thanks to your awnser.

Post your TG hours, they may not be as important as bee hours, but they do help.

My updated hours.
Playtime for Rockewell

• Atmospheric Technician 26h (13%)
  • Botanist 7h (3%)
  • Cargo Technician 7h (3%)
  • Chaplain 40m (0%)
  • Chemist 2h (0%)
  • Chief Engineer 5h (2%)
  • Cook 50m (0%)
  • Curator 60m (0%)
  • Cyborg 8h (4%)
  • Paramedic 9h (4%)
  • Geneticist 11h (5%)
  • Janitor 1h (0%)
  • Lawyer 3h (1%)
  • Medical Doctor 10h (5%)
  • Quartermaster 1h (0%)
  • Research Director 50m (0%)
  • Roboticist 2h (0%)
  • Scientist 57h (28%)
  • Security Officer 13h (6%)
  • Shaft Miner 7h (3%)
  • Station Engineer 18h (9%)
  • Virologist 2h (0%)
  • Living 201h (100%)
  • Lifebringer 20m (0%)
  • Ash Walker 60m (0%)
  • Servant Golem 20m (0%)
  • Free Golem 40m (0%)
  • Ancient Crew 20m (0%)
  • Ghost 36h (18%)

Good sci, engi and atmos hours, +1.

Accepted

You are now a member of Beestation Staff. Keep in mind that you are held to a higher standard than an average player. Good luck