Ro5490's Admin Application - The return of the squid

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
Dapper#2539

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
GMT, mostly between 10pm and 8am, but less than I used to be due to personal shit

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
None currently, Might bug people about code a little though

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be an admin?:
Tbh I just wanna come back and be chill, Same reasons as on my previous post but mainly because I wanna jump back online when I’m free and help out where I can.

How long have you been playing SS13?:
Too Long - Since around 2008

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
Player Statistics:
Playtime : 315h (152h/163h)
Deaths per Hour : 0.8
Beecoins : 14914

Connection Information:
First Seen : 2019-06-29 01:25:41
Account Join Date : 2008-10-23
Number of Connections : 571

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
8-9 ish in general but I’ve taken a break recently so I need to get used to the new changes again.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:
7-8 ish, hopefully the current admins remember what I was like

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
Been an admin on a couple of SS13 servers, some dont even exist anymore, other than that I was running a decently successful esports discord for a while. I’ve also been an admin on a few Gmod DarkRP servers (dear god that was cancer to deal with). Plus I currently host a modded MC server for the degenerates who know me IRL.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
I probably do but its been years so I cant remember any of them :confused:

Your strengths:
Years of experience dealing with SS13 and other Admin stuff, Late night observer only rounds are my regular, I work pretty well under pressure and learn rather quickly when introduced to something new and put my mind to it. Plus I’ve already spent a decent chunk of time as an admin for bee.

Your weaknesses:

I’ve got almost no free time currently, so I wont be on very often.

I like to lay back and watch rounds play out, sometimes I get distracted by other things and it can throw me off when something happens and I dont quite catch it, or I dont understand what happened, I’m more than likely to look through logs to try to understand something if I dont get what happened which could distract me from dealing with an ahelp quickly.
Also I dont really frequent the forum much.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Not much, I’ve been desensitized to most things, only IRL stuff gets me mad anymore, like someone telling me something I already know, and they already know that I already know, multiple times in like, a really short time, idk it just bugs me.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Patience and Understanding, if you cant deal with things calmly then its just going to cause more issues.

What makes a staff team good?:
Being able to work together and remain calm and collected while things are a mess. Teamwork is key, and being able to help eachother out with issues is what makes it all work.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
Keeping the peace, making sure the rules are followed, and helping the community grow and enjoy the time they have.

What kind of player are you?:
I like to chill, focus one one thing at a time and get things done as smoothly as I can. I’m usually in R&D or Sec, occasionally the HoP. and I’m one of the few people that actually set up the dragnets lmao.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
Probably wont change much, I’ll spend any time I’m online doing admin stuff and observing.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
This is an IC issue, however I’d double check if the gun is an antag objective that round and if so, teleport it back to the HoS’s office or locker.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
Clear grief right here, if the other admin has already taken the ticket, I’d help them clean up the effects and send the griefer to the admin prison so they cant cause any more issues until the ticket is dealt with. If the other admin wants me to deal with the ticket side, I’d first TP the griefer to the admin prison for the same reason above, and ask them why they’d sabotage atmos and flood with a canister as a non antag, I’d also check their notes, and adjust their ban-time and types depending on their previous notes and their responses.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
This is an IC Issue, it gives engineering something to do and the AI would probably lock down Chem until the hull breach is fixed. I’d double check with the chemist and guide them to the Wiki page about Chemisty if they seem pretty new to the job.

I wont be as active as I used to be, but I still wanna give a hand when I can, I miss yall <3

Dont know you personaly but you’ve been staff before so i dont see why not.

Why’d you quit?

Had a whole bunch of personal stuff come up, wasnt able to get online for ages because of it so i stepped down, cant see the adminchat logs but there should be a message about it in the discord from around 5 months ago

Aight sounds reasonable.

Im sure if you were a competent staff member before this wont take long.

+2 from me

1 Like

Then

Now?
u quit once because u didnt have time, and now you still barely have any?

Everything i was admin on required me to be an active member of that

OldStaff will know the big reasons why I couldn’t be on tbh, but its all sorted now nd things are better

If an admin does little but does not create any additional problems that admin is a net benefit.
Don’t see a reason not to.

+2

1 Like

Don’t really remember any issues with you being an admin.
+2
T: +6

1 Like

It’s good to hear that things are better for you, ya seem pretty based

I am not an admin now, but stealing HoS’ gun is self-antag, since it is unique.

Easy +1 from me!

T: +7

1 Like

This is true, I forgot about the theft rulings in New Rulings tbh

One of Bee’s special coders speedmerges vore-code (cough @zeskorion cough)

On MRP, they spend most of the shift voring other players instead of doing their assigned job as a medical doctor.

You bwoink them and they claim they’re “debugging an edge case”, but half the station is inside of their belly and the ahelps are rolling in.

What should you do?

5 Likes

oh boy, that’d be instantly reported to headmins for sure.
speaking of which, congrats on the promo dude
but back to the question, Admin-Jail, report to Headmins, and ask why they think its a good idea to debug edge cases on a live server rather than a test server with bots and volunteers. Meanwhile trying to un-vore players and put them back where they belong. then wait for advice from the heads on punishment in this case.

add a new role to them in the discord after called Vore Whore :wink:

I don’t see this garnering any negative votes between the positive reputation you built while you were here and the direction the second application is going so far.

Accepted.