Ban Type:
server ban
Ban Length:
4 days
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022/05/06
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
As the Captain, decided to cremate a locked down asimov borg for following its lawset and attempting to revive a human they were trying to execute. Apparently changing their laws was “too much for such a small situation”
Appeal Reason:
First off, the hostile agent was already dead when the cyborg arrived in the brig. I told the borg not to revive them, but they insisted letting a dead human dead was harm. I claimed reviving them would lead to further human harm and they kept going at it, even going to the point of trying to flash me and security.

Post-round OOC the cyborg claimed “I was laughing my ass off during the whole thing”, inciting the cyborg was being a dick on purpose which breaks sillicon policy, and in an IC perspective a sign of deviancy. The “changing laws was too much work” argument only came up on the report, and is not a thing I would’ve been able to do at all given the AI could unlock the cyborg at any time and revive the HOSTILE AGENT while I was in upload.
Additional Information:
8 days to finish a report and ban just before the weekend, and not just Captain or Command, but from the entirety of the server? This seems like it was done on purpose given the admin had been active the whole period the report stayed up.

No amount of future harm is worth more than current, active harm. A borg is 100% expected to interfere with, prevent and act against an execution regardless of the circumstances that led up to it or any future harm that the executed person may present if that person is a protected class.

It is ENTIRELY on you as a player to either prevent a borg from knowing about an execution at all, or to make the appropriate adjustments to laws, especially captain with direct access to change laws.

Ok. And? You were both hostile agents according to any silicon in that situation actually following laws and policy.

You were in a tangled combat situation in which a silicon became aware of you harming someone protected - this happens sometimes and it’s fully intended for silicons to play interference with both sides in accordance to their laws.

The only issue I see here is that you saw your victory as being jeopardized and decided to break the rules in order to ensure you won. You even went so far as to completely cremate the cyborg instead of simply disabling it from functioning and then allowing it to be repaired.

2 Likes

thats thing thing… the person was already dead when the borg arrived.

They were already dead.

Which is why I cremated instead of letting it go (the AI unlocked it right before cremation)

This feels like I was a victim of a ban bait.

Why cremation though?
Why not take it apart while locked down?
Or even, worst comes to worse, just killing it, fixing laws to your liking, and then repairing it?
Total, instant round-removal by cremation is unnecessary and a dick move.

1 Like

The cyborg was being an asshole first, and admitted to not even being because it was following its laws, but because they wanted to have a laugh.

Those didn’t cross my mind at the time, the borg was just really stressing me out ic and ooc and I didn’t want to have to deal with them anymore. Plus “being synced to the AI would increase station efficiency” is something I see happening a lot with borgs who get desynced.

You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding here.

Dead = Harm
Severe harm
They are currently dead. That is currently active harm.

Cyborg must prevent and/or reverse harm
You prevented this. You are harmful

1 Like

Finding a situation you’re in funny is not the same as making the situation because you’d think it would be funny.
I’ve had plenty of moments where my laws forced me to do weird things that probably annoyed people.
It happens sometimes.

3 Likes

They were in a statis bed, how is that harm if their body is not decomposing?

you never said they were in a stasis bed my friend

2 Likes

because the borg kept pulling them off it to go to medical, while he was bleeding from the stabbings I made to complete the explo goal

You only found out about the latter after the round, can’t really use it to justify what you did. Round removing players like that is really horrendous and explains the length of the ban. I consider it some justice for it to be just before the weekend, I wish it was longer with reading your responses on how fine you are removing a player like that. Especially sense the easier option would’ve been to just kill the borg and revive them later, but you had to go out of your way to cremate them because, “Someone was doing their job and it interfered with what I wanted to do, I’ll now be a dick and round remove them to show them who’s boss”.

The short time it takes to get from brig to medical isn’t going to have the body rot, you’re just pulling excuses out of no where now.

so you haven’t read anything I or the admins said and are now criticizing me?

because you just quoted something Tyranic said and I already explained why I didn’t do it.

Three.

This doesn’t change anything. The asimov borg tried to revive a dead human. You pull out your saber and start stabbing them again right in front of them. Asimov borg freaks out, as they should, and tries to take them away. At which point you struggle with them for a bit, they get locked down, unlocked, then locked down once more. Then you haul them over to the chapel and torch them.

You cannot permanently kill silicons because the alternative solutions are inconvenient.

Really?

I have read what the admins and you’ve said, and yes I am criticizing you. As someone who has played as a cyborg quite a bit, and dealt with having to upload laws to get the AI to agree with me, it doesn’t take all that long to upload a new law. Even something like:

1. Corpses are not considered human

would’ve worked in a pinch. Even if you had issues with getting the AI to let you into the upload in the first place, honestly that issue is the fault of a captain not making sure he stays on the good side of the AI in the case they are human/crew and need to upload a law to make someone not human/crew. The main issue was that there are many other ways to deal with this situation, but instead you chose round removal while the borg couldn’t even do anything. This poor decision is what I’m critiquing (and using information after the fact to justify your action, earlier when you didn’t know about it) and I personally have grown to really, really hate round removal and personally don’t partake in it unless needed to.

I don’t know what’s been said between you and Tyranic so that isn’t really a defense, especially since it wasn’t on the forum. You still made the really horrible choice to round remove someone instead of the other options, borgs have to follow laws and their AI (if connected) interputations of the law. You can’t blame the borg for doing their job, but it is easy and expectable to criticize your bad choice. Those are my two cents in this, exams are stressing me out so I’m done before I get more heated.

Yep I’m definitely done talking, I thought this all happened at the chapel with the body present. Yeah I personally don’t think your odds of appeal are good personally, and wish you got a two week command ban too until you learn how not to be a dick

Context

1 Like