Your Discord: 𝕷𝖊𝖘𝖍𝖊𝖓#7564
Offender’s CKEY: ?
Offender’s In-Game Name: Rex Gray
Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage
Round Number: 39495
Rules Broken: Security SOP
I deconed airlocks and made a fake wall in one of maint doors. To make a private room. Hos walked told me he saw false wall, so I told him: so? Then he arrested me took to out of power brig and when I asked what crime I did, after a couple of minutes he answered…. Trespass. After a small argument with lawyer he let me go, and after he took off my handcuff he took my tool belt. I told me he can’t take stuff from me and lawyer said it too. He said as Cargo Tech, I don’t need it. He didn’t care and dared me to sue him. So i tried to sue him but lack of HoP and Captain had bigger problems at moment( lack of power and pirates)
According to space law, yes, they can confiscate tools that were used in said crime, and while i wouldn’t say trespass was the crime you commited, i suppose vandalism would have been a better fit. Most people would probably ignore something like that, but why were you making a private room as a cargo tech? The person you’re putting this report against could easily come back at you with a rule 3 break, because you’re sitting in maints making a personal room instead of doing your job.
You’re not wrong, jet he dropped his ridiculous charges of trespass, thus I didn’t commit any crime, so taking my belongings after I was released was illegal. He should have taken me to cell and search me there, and he didn’t do that. If he took them in a cell after he charged me with vandalism, I wouldn’t mind it. Yet he didn’t follow briging procedure, charged me on wrong crime because he probably didn’t even know what crime I committed and pickpocket me.
HoS should be a person with good knowledge of law and SOP, and by playing as one you are supposed to have higher standards, you are literally playing as HEAD OF SECURITY. So when guy can’t even properly arrest me and give reason for arrest, as HoS something tells he should play as one. That’s why i don’t play as command, because it big responsibly and if you don’t know what to do you will make people angry and break other fun, like it happend to me.
At worst that’s Minor Vandalism and Non Compos Mentis, if you were near brig then I can understand why HoS would take action against making a hidden maint room, but aside from that any seccie with an ounce of chill would have just interrogated you on the spot, maybe ask for an on the spot search and possibly set you to monitor after letting the rest of SEC know that you’d made a hidden wall room.
of course the lenient treatment described is typically when SEC when is moderately staffed (3 brig personel aside from Ward/HoS) and the station was on green alert, dependant on the situation on station if I were a Solo-Hos I may have done similar on account of low patience and paranoia.
1. I deconed airlocks and made a fake wall in one of maint doors. To make a private room.
- you simply acknowledge that as Cargo Technician you have started modifying the station layout for your own benefits ignoring rule “3 Do Your Job”
- you broke rule “1 You Must Roleplay” by doing it as a Cargo Technician and not as Station Engineer
2. Hos walked told me he saw false wall, so I told him: so?
- you are making a secret passage or a room next to the entrance of security department and you are telling me that’s okay?
3. he arrested me took to out of power brig
- you committed a crime against the Nanotrasen, so it’s logicly that I took you to the brig
- it’s not my fault that there was a blackout at the time if you have any complaints, sue the engineering department for not maintaining it
4. when I asked what crime I did, after a couple of minutes he answered…
- sorry for the inconvenience but i forgot to open the space laws (book) to check the crime description and time penalty
- i never told you that you committed trespassing but here is my mistake i copy paste this description “To trespass into an area using a method of forcible entry.” but the name of crime was “Breaking and Entering” code 110 and that was on my mind at that time but i was wrong you should be charg with code 311 or 305 so insided of 5 mins in brig it should be 15 mins
5. After a small argument with lawyer he let me go,
- The reason why i let you go was because there were far more important situations on station than yours and arguing with a cry baby is pointless and also because big was out of power and the timers were disabled
6. he took off my handcuff he took my tool belt. I told me he can’t take stuff from me and lawyer said it too. He said as Cargo Tech, I don’t need it.
- this fragment is from a Space law wiki (sorry can’t post link here)
" 1. Confiscate any contraband and/or stolen items, as well as any tools that were used to commit crimes.
These are to be placed in evidence, not left on the brig floor or your personal use, until they can be returned to their rightful owners." you just prove your lack of knowledge
- you also confirm that you had a handmade handcuffs which is Contraband
- everything under this sentence is proof of braking rule “2 No Powergaming” “3 Do Your Job” “1 You Must Roleplay”
if there is any question please don’t hesitate to ask and have a nice day
When Rex inquired about a fake wall they saw, you lied and feigned ignorance (“what?” “no wall”) and that is extremely suspicius.
Taking your tools was allowed.
However, they should have told you why you were being arrested (green alert), before using the disabler.
Or at the very least they should have tried using the aiming mode or arresting you peacefully.
It’s a minor SOP breach, but Rex should know that this is not allowed.