Revert gas mask

I’m gonna do it

the first one you posted literally looks closer to the new gas mask than the old one lmfao

5 Likes

It’s not like it’s easy finding a 3D image to perfectly represent a 2D gas mask.

PR is up

6 Likes

As much as i like the new mask, the old really should have been left in as an icon for the greyshirts. We already have the spessman in as a reference to the older stuff, why not leave this as a mark?

2 Likes

After seeing the new mask, its not actually that bad, its slick and clean looking
I’d love to keep both but ngl the new one is pretty nice

3 Likes

i dont think that really matters, it’s kind of like blowing up one of the great pyramids on purpose then rebuilding it to “look better”. maybe it’ll look better, but all the history behind it is gone so it isn’t special.

if we absolutely HAD to upgrade the sprite (i dont think we do)

• make assistants spawn with the old one in their emergency box instead of the breath mask
  • make the old one spawn in maint

and for a more half baked idea that i put 5 seconds of thought into

• make the “older” gas mask have the old sprite, but maybe a new gas mask that science can research has the newer one, it could have some advantages like extra durability or internal air tanks or something i dunno, it would be nice if science had more items for the general population anyway
3 Likes

The top one is close to what it looks like now. The old one looked closer to a cheap plastic airsoft mask.

Make it the assistant heirloom instead of the toolbox

8 Likes

The assistant heirloom is the old tooblox design, isn’t it?

Yeah it is

While a nixe idea, it would be removing the old toolbox design that was paying homage and before you know it the gas mask will suffer the same fate and the tide will die with it.

We have to sacrifice somewhere to keep one or the other

A pr has been made that splits the old and new masks 50/50 or something. It just has to be merged now.

1 Like

Yeah. Let’s do that

I’d still prefer only the old ones, but this will do I suppose.

Keep the new gas mask and make the old style gas mask only available in a 20tc pointless badassery traitor item that includes a gray jumpsuit and the oldstyle gas mask.

3 Likes

I mean… We DO have the assistants formal uniform. Just make the old gasmask a clothesvendor item and itll be tip top fine.

1 Like

If it’s locked behind something then it will never be used again amd slowly fade from people’s memories. That’s also what we’re trying to prevent here, to preserve an icon.

yo what did they do to it? I can’t see bc I’m bean