Repeated major adminbus

CKEY: prickly_tomato

Your Discord: prickly_tomato#9453

Offender’s CKEY: Don’t remember exactly

LRP or MRP server: MRP

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 

No exact dates, but this happened during the time I was a admin at least 5-6 times (So between June 2020-October/Novemeber 2020)

Round Number: 

Wasn’t smart enough at the time to write down round numbers

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant): 

Major Adminbus/bad admin digression

Incident Description:

I’ve seen admins ending rounds prematurely (mainly greenshifts or shifts where we’ve successfully defeated an antag) all because the round has been boring to look at and it would be “funny” to hurl meteors and immovable rods and steer them to the 3 tesla setup that cargo and eng had been working hard. The only admin I remember 100% that has done this is Francium, the above example is something I’ve seen them do and was in the Admin VC with him during that round. Other admins I vaguely remember that has done this is Badmin, Aeder, and maybe bloons but my memory is the fuzziest with bloons.

Additional Information:

I don’t have any actual recordings or round numbers to back up these claims but honestly the point of this is just to make people aware. I really regret not making this report sooner, the first time I saw this kind of adminbus was when I was a trailmin and I just thought it was weird but wasn’t really sure how abnormal it was from seeing it a few more times. It wasn’t until I was the captain during when meteors suddenly destroyed the station (Unknown Admin Report) and talking with another admin I realized I needed to report this before I leave for good.

Then why make admin report?

Then why make admin report?

I sit too on admin vc and I have to yet experience an admin calling meteors to end boring round. But this still could be dug deeper with kibana. I suspect this will be really hard to investigate because it's too vague and might be closed because of that.

okay so I’ve run a kibana search and between June and November 2020 meteors were triggered exactly 173 times (including meaty ores).

I didn’t see you on much when I was on, the people who were in VC almost everytime that happened was aeder and badmin, and francium the last time.

I just need it to be known at least be known and I think just discussed because of the other report I mentioned. Maybe this would also just help prevent future issues though I kind of predict this is gonna be closed soon anyone by someone. I also just really didn’t like how the last report was handled, at least in the sense the responsible party didn’t step up and explain themselves at all on forums

Also check immovable rods, they at least were used once

Edit: I also wanted to just put it out there that this is a bigger issue/problem just beside one reported case

That’s literally a meteor strike every single day for six months. That’s a lot of rocks, bruh.

Okay next data portion:
So I manually excluded meaty meteors (since they’re meme and are not doing much harm) which still leaves us with 154 instances of admins calling meteors.

Let’s now investigate admin you have reported and start with Francinum:
He triggered meteors 12 times, 2 times normal, 6 time catastrophic and 4 times threatening.

Next let’s check SuperDork55 (badmin).
He triggered meteors a whopping 0 times.

Aeder perhaps then? He triggered them 23 times and everytime they were catastrophic.

Isy: 31 times total, catastrophic 24 times, normal 6, threatening 1.

Crossed: 11, every one of them catastrophic.

Qwerty: 1, catastrophic.

Ike: 17, all catastrophic.

Bloons: 30, 29 catastrophic, 1 normal.

me: 2 times, both catastrophic.

Kerbin: 3 times, 2 threatening, 1 normal.

Ruko: 10 times, 4 catastrophic, 5 normal, 1 threatening.

Bacon: 5 times, all catastrophic.

Stormcaster: 9 times, 5 catastrophic, 2 normal, 2 threatening.

And that would be it. Keep in mind I counted them manually so expect errors and such but this can be at least semi-trusted.
This does not account for pushing buttons after round end, spamming many meteors after each other or anything else - it’s raw data.
Also, I personally know Isy does meteors event, when calls meteors and everyone has to move to lavaland so raw numbers probably won’t be satisfying for the poor soul who actually handles that report.

I can wait for round end and spam them exactly 365 times, would that mean I did it for each day in a year?

1 Like

Hm, with SuperDork I mainly mentioned them because they were online/in the same vc almost everytime.

Yeah I know of the meteor events and those aren’t related to this report

Also understandable

At this point I would really just like to see francium respond to this and for whatever admin in the other report (Unknown Admin Report) to step up.

1 Like

They were triggered 58 times, I can’t be bothered to count them too.

Honestly you (and everyone) should make report (even internal, to headmins) everytime they see admin breaking conduct and not wait half a year with it.

1 Like

Trigger an IRC message whenever stuff like this happens? At least the extreme severities. I understand that adminbus can be good to spice up rounds but round enders can be a problem.

To give myself a little bit of a break I didn’t really realize how major it was until now. Correct otherwise

If in doubt, blame Francinum. He may not have triggered any of the meteors, he may not have even been on the staff team for half the report time but blame him anyway because ???

2 Likes

This was a meme event I did a long while back, the olde rebuild from lava land. I believe all 23 of those are in the same round.

I saw him ruin a tesla set up because it was “funny” during my time as a admin

I’m 90% certain I’ve been around for 5-6 of Ike’s and they were all announced stress tests of a new PR/mechanic/identifying an issue. Dunno if that’s the case for all of them, but the few I’ve seen from him were legitimate. Franc did that with at least a couple as well.

I want to add some context to my meteor spam:

All of my instances in this timeframe were for two approved + voted meteor events.

I have ended round I believe… three times since the beginning of November with destructive events however. Two meteor and one space vine if my memory is correct.

I dont get this thread. Meteors are pretty much just a mid round antag that give engineers and borgs something to do other than stare into the hole in the station where the super matter exploded. Ive literally never felt the urge to complain about getting to hop in a hardsuit and fix broken stuff with an RCD, its fun.

Without commenting on wether or not any of that has happend,
the idea is that said admins are accused to have forced these meteors to spawn to end the round,
in a manner they should not have.

Catastrophic level meteors are pretty much a guranteed shuttle call.

Ending the round seems like something that would be up to admeme discretion. Hence why I dont get this thread, theres no context provided for what the state of the round was during these meteor strikes so how do you judge if it was premature round end or not?

1 Like

ya people got to realize its ok for admins to act like game masters too, spawning stuff in for the advancement/conclusion of a stale round

the oppisate is having no ooc admin intervention at all and rounds going on far past there antag peak/ic ooc conflict moments; which is just boring on a high pop server.