Remove "r word" filter

A valid solution to the auto-filter removing your posts is to stop using words that violate the filter.
You just think you’re more important than everyone else, so the rules shouldn’t apply to you.

4 Likes

I agree, r word is not even that offensive.

1 Like

What’s with the sudden accusations and hostility? First you did a a mocking wink emoji, which wasn’t that bad, but still a bit shitty and now you throw in an accusation too all in one thread where no one has provoked you. You ok there?

1 Like

people just go with ‘t*rd’ or ‘accoustic’ now so it really doesnt accomplish a lot.

I think this filter is dumb (haha see i used another word for the same thing there) and I support the N word filter + bans that evade it (despite the fact I reg. see people evade that with admins on with no issues)

edit:
some cringelord flagged this oh lawdy

1 Like

tg complies with discord tos and they allow all gamer words

Ah yes. First we get “it’s not that offensive” and then you follow it up with what is essentially “U mad bro? lol”. Very convincing argument to allow you to use offensive words responsibly instead of as insults.

The purpose of the filter is because, while context matters, blocking words that are almost entirely used in offensive ways is a much easier way to enforce the rules we have. We don’t have rules against hate speech because discord does, we have those rules because we want to manage a friendlier community without the words. We chose to enforce them in the same way across all platforms for consistency.

It was automatic because you had filter bypass in the post.

then just inforce when someone else calls someone it unironically with no comedic value (aka rules before filter). The rword used to be a term for someone with lesser then average intellect or just a lower percentile person.

the nword im sure almost everyone agrees someone randomly calling someone the nword in a negative way with bad intent deserves a ban for being toxic but if its in a meme or something and someone isnt being toxic then why does it really matter

1 Like

Your arguments don’t sound too convincing either: “just don’t use it loool” “why do you need to be racist/biggot/etc lollll”.

2 Likes

Was that reply supposed to be for me?
Also, calling someone a r*tard is less harsh than calling someone an idiot because people use ■■■■■■ more often and more loosely, but with that gone the only option you have left is calling someone an idiot, which in my opinion sounds worse and can’t be used comedically.

3 Likes

i feel like the r word is sometimes the only way to describe what happens in ss13, but if it makes someone sad, i can just settle for reeing really loudly and doing something that gets me banned.

2 Likes

Comedic racism is still racism. Being intentionally hostile vs being subtly hostile is the same thing, even if one gets a laugh out of people, it’s still at the expense of others

Additionally idiot has never been a slur, and isn’t currently still used as a slur.

breathe

Can you guys not go one fucking hour slinging slurs and insults? Can you not? Is there just a sudden compulsion in your head to call somebody a slur that you just can’t resist? Can you just not survive without calling somebody a (explicit)?

Going to take a page out of your own books (regarding re-sprites) and say one thing.

Cope.

Stop calling people slurs and cope.

1 Like

mfw

20 characters aaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Convince me why you need to use it.

It’s always nice to have the option to use it. Just because we want it unbanned doesn’t mean it’s not the only thing we’d want to say all day.

2 Likes

Block fuck, whore, bitch, dumbass, idiot, son of a bitch when? Those are offensive too, even worse in context.

Thats how dumb changes and laws are not questioned, cuz muh “i am doing this for you and greater good”. Thats one of the reasons why stupid copypastas are considered ERP.

I think thats the dumbest frucking thing i heard today and coming form a formed Head Admin, kinda hilarious in a sad way. CONTEXT MATTERS. You can easily tell when someone is seriously racist/hostile, or just having a laugh. Thats why people laugh at white people = mayo and black man = fired chicken.

My mans trying to tell me not to be toxic while swearing, being overly sarcastic and passive aggressive. Not to mention annoying as all hell.

2 Likes

Because it’s widely used and I just sometimes feel like using it to describe given situation.
It’s not even that offensive, I could argure whore is much worse.
Convince me why I should not :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have but one counterpoint.

1 Like

Comedic racism is not racism, racism relies on it’s intent. If comedic racism is used to dehumanize another person then it’s just racism.
Being subtly hostile is the same thing as intentionally hostile, but not for the reasons you think. Being subtly hostile would be to be sly and manipulative, but using more comedic words downplays it while still getting your disapproval across.

4 Likes

Do we really need to have that discussion every 2 weeks? You can’t use slurs deal with it.

1 Like