Remove murderbone items from uplinks without proper objectives

Title said it all really. Stop letting antags be able to buy le funny romerol or his grace when they don’t have the objectives for it. Yes it’s against the rules, and they shouldn’t do it. But people evidently keep doing it anyways, because they can. So my simple idea is to stop letting them be able to.

7 Likes

A lot of times when people do do it, they are also unaware of it being against the rules. There’s definitely a case to be made that this is a code issue, especially when it comes to romerol.

5 Likes

Just have distinct traitor roles with differentiated uplinks

4 Likes

romerol is cool because zombie survival is fun

6 Likes

It is allowed to murderbone if you buy either his grace or the clown car, it was stablish that way when the no murderbone rule was added

???

3 Likes

Bruh, his grace is the one dedicated traitor item of the chaplain. That is why it is so rare to see. So if a chaplain is a traitor, and he doesn’t have murderbone objective, he can’t even use his grace?

Uhm yeah, that’s exactly what the murberbone rule is about.

3 Likes

Well you may as well remove the dam his grace since practical never is gone be able to be use following the stupid rules

tl;dr Remove fun: the complaint.

6 Likes

So you all say this but this was actually up for serious discussion amongst the development bloc well before this thread.

This(limiting uplink availability based on whether or not someone is allowed to bone) was the decided solution to the problem raised. Nobody has yet to implement it.

I will vouch for someone who gets a working implementation.

I’m very sure it was specified that it was initially allowed to use his grace and the clown car to murderbone when the anti murderbone rule was created: so either an antifun admin removed the exception, or it was forgotten, or it wasn’t formalized, or the rules is hidden somewhere.

Yes remove any murderboning traitor item from uplink from non murderbone traitor so security can meta and go lethals as soon as they see that item.

All while there are too many other non traitor ways to murderbone

3 Likes

You make this fucking argument every single time you post in a thread. “Hurr durr players are shit so it wont work”. God, are you permanently unhappy with any kind of change to the game?

3 Likes

And this would be a departure from the current server climate how?

5 Likes

The contributors cannot fix negativity bias, it’s an immutable part of human nature.

1 Like

I dont think thats the case anymore

1 Like

I really think we should make murderbone come back, but prevent permanent round removal or actively making it harder.

Make it a lot more common for danger and paranoia to spark up, but prevent people from just quitting the game.

Even if it’s not extremely rp, i still believe it’d be better overall, people would be less scared to kill anyone.

And finally, seccies will stop yelling “but if we don’t overprepare then we can be randomly killed for no reason” because that’ll be the case for everyone, and their main argument for powergaming will be gone

2 Likes

Do people genuinely enjoy playing with murderbone objectives?

It’s better than “go steal plasma” and then do nothing for the rest of your round.

As of now, most antag gimmicks you can pull off would result in the death of other people to some degree, and if an admin doesn’t see it well, you will get beaned for unnecessary killing.

And yeah, you can ahelp it, but having to ahelp every single time will just make people not want to bother overall lmao, or feel scared to do anything because “admins will get on my ass because whatever i want to do isn’t creative enough”

I believe murderbone coming back with round removal of any kind being off the table would make things generally more interesting as a result. And also make rounds faster.

2 Likes