Remove firedoors and "Fastmos"

yeah but if large part of station is breached they are good

like if evac is breached, its good to just stay there and wait, or if part of your department is breached, its meant for long term stuff not running into a breached hallway or something

1 Like

Don’t mind me. I’m waiting here for the external airlocks to open so that I can set up solars.

It’s been 3 days.

4 Likes

holy shit this is so aids -

Aside from the perfomance boost, oldmos sucks, a crippled man with a wheelchair could easily escape from the breached tile that was next to him.

Some of the maps weren’t properly firedoored and a lot of maintenance doors are missing firedoors which cause maints to depressurise and that can lead to massive parts of the station getting depressurised from a tiny breach that is far away

Even if it is better for the server, I am like 100% sure no one likes fastmos

I like fastmos

1 Like

I do ,kskbxi.20202020202020

1 Like

i meant that if you have a hull breach in a room it doesn’t go from 101 to fuck you in a single atmos calculation.

it took a while to grow on me, but i like fastmos. There are aspects of it that I dont like, and thankfully there are rules that help with things like the Holodeck plasmaflood. The only annoying this is that the refill pace of the pipes is WAY slower than the breach speed, so once a room is empty, its gonna be empty for a while.

I like fastmos as well. I may not play as actual crew that often, bit I do enjoy having it when I do.

Also you can help fix depleted rooms by adjusting the distro pressure. Play atmos tech and be the savior of the station, fixing hull breaches and quickly refilling rooms @MalevolentBacon

ive been atmos and honestly half the time i dont end up figuring out where the air is going in the first place. the number of times ive seen air just basically vanish from pipes as atmos is too high.

Replace all outer station walls with Rwalls? its faster to weld and wrench those normal walls we have now than break windows at the moment so rwalls would be nicer.

just remove broken firelocks taking up a full tile bruh

I suggest a vital change.
If the airlock’s (The one that transitions you from station to space or vice-versa) vent is not re-pressurizing, it should just instantly open. Many times I have gotten fucked over because of the airlock just getting completely stuck forever.

There is the timeout after 15 seconds that you can force it open?

Not all mobs can operate it (teratomas get stuck HARD), and 15 seconds every time is INSANELY ANNOYING, especially when the door decides to close and switch again because ???
Not to mention how annoying it is trying to drag someone in, or force-bolting them both open, it’s also now impossible for borgs to drag in someone.

1 Like

Replace with holofirelocks that reactivate on their own or something.

Right so hear me out

The holofirelock is destroyable as usual

There’s a generator behind it, that has an airlock’s resistance and stats.

If you destroy the holofirelock, the generator makes a new one in 5 sec, unless you destroy that too.
3 Likes

Okay, code it. 202020202020

ok just remove atmos so that the server lags even less???

2 Likes