References to other video games or movies you can find on Bee code

iirc it’s reference the Zoltan from ftl

the refrence possibilites are endless.

That entire game is a Lovecraft reference so…yeah confusing/

Bicardine, Kelotane and Tricordrazine are all fictional medicines from Star Trek

The White Russian’s Description references the Big Lebowski.
The Classic Martini’s description references James Bond’s Eponymous Martini Order, “Shaken Not Stirred”, Which actually waters down the drink.
The Pangalactic Gargle Blaster and it’s Drinking Effect of “Having your Head Smashed in with a Gold brick wrapped in Lemon” is verbatim taken from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
The Crevice Spike, Fringe Weaver, and Sugar Rush are all cocktails from the game VA-11 Hall-A
The Faster-Than-Liver can be interpreted as both an FTL Reference, or, the shape of the glass can also be seen as a Star Trek Reference as it resembles Starfleet Vessels.
The Three Mile Island references the Three Mile Island Nuclear incident.
The Red Queen is a reference to Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
The Powercrepe is a one-letter swap to being an Anagram for Powercreep.

Edit : Uh, Phobos orbiting Lavaland is a reference to Phobos just being directly above Hell in the original DOOM Game.

4 Likes

The red glasses available in the beecoin shop and the quote for it is a reference to Uncle Death from Let it Die

I’m also sad you can’t cycle it through the other glasses he wears but then again it IS red glasses

The donator exclusive retro set is a reference to Jacket from Hotline Miami

1 Like

Irish Car Bomb is…rather obvious.

1 Like

oh right how could i have forgoten

hiding in chef’s fridge durring a nuke will save you: refrencing that one scene in indiana jones

several curator outfits refrence indina jones…
one of them refrences the ghost busters

chap’s grave robber set refrences a darkest dungeon hero of the same name

sec’s battons are sprited after half-life2’s metrocop’s battons.

2 Likes

Flypeople are a reference to a movie about a scientist that became a Human - Fly hybrid monster during testing their teleporting machine. “The Fly” (1989).

1 Like

FOR REAL??? Damn I need to play Chap then.

heh… kit

Let’s see if anyone can figure out what the Bottle of Mystery Pills contains a reference to

its a reference to drug addiction‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎

4 Likes

3 Likes

Chaplain nullrods are references to many things.
Here are examples:
Chainsaw hand - Evil Dead.
Holy Whip - Castlevania
Chainsaw Sword - Warhammer 40k
Atheist Fedora - James Bond.
Energy Swords - Star Wars.
And much more.

2 Likes

I’m not joking, there’s actually a reference (hint, it’s in the uplink description)

Lol

bluespace is sometimes called BS which stands for bullshit

It’s pudge from dota

It’s a real gun ffs

It is. But i the spriteis based on the one from Fallout.

Tried looking this up and there’s no mention of a gyrojet pistol in fallout outside of mods.

1 Like

There are no Gyrojet guns in Fallout