Reduce lrp default speed

It’s fine. If you don’t wanna drag fights out just find a way to slow them down. It’s a big reason why the temp gun and bolas are so meta.

1 Like

Don’t wear a hardsuit on station if you’re not going into space if the movement speed debuff is that bad. I don’t see how this is an issue

I’ve played a ton of LRP and I agree that it’s way too fast.

It’s easy mode for fighting mobs, megafauna, dodging projectiles, avoiding explosions, dodging melee attacks, escaping deadly atmos, etc.

I’m surprised that someone would argue that removing this meth speed is hugbox (??) when it’s clearly crutch that makes the whole game baby easy in so many measurable ways.

2 Likes

The movement speed should be changed in order to facilitate more skill and make combat an actual threat.
Its not like it will make the game easier, and the lrp people were always SOOO fucking proud of their robustness, so why not change the speed to something that would make the depth and skill ceiling of combat a bit more appealing?

no movement speed is nice and high, it encourages people to be quick and doesn’t punish players for getting ambushed by validhunting assistant #192940182472918748912498127

8 Likes

Yeah sorry Nan, Gotta agree with Tian here LRP should stay fast-past in all ways including combat

4 Likes

LRP should stay fast or in case lower its speed by a bit and make mrp have the same speed to make both servers compatible in the combat category so that atleast combat skill transfers well between both servers.

“REEEEE HUGBOX”

20char20char

bruh its just the same two guys crying about “hugbox” shit like lmao at this point im not sure if they are trolling or not

i play mrp all the time ( i know cringe) and i still think lrp speed is fine, if you want a slower game go on mrp

LRP should stay faster than MRP but reducing the speed slightly could help make combat less autistic.

The people who say that mob combat is easy mode with this have me going confusedblackman.png because speed doesn’t matter for any of them. What are you gonna use it for? To run away and lose aggro easier? If you need to run you’re just bad for either overrestimating your skills or not coming prepared, it’s not the speed’s fault.

Meanwhile I have to click on a person while they turn on ultra instinct. Shit was always impossible for me so I just avoid pvp.

3 Likes

there are already tons of ways to counter sanic speeds

• flashbang
  • bola
  • slips
  • going into a small room where speed means nothing
  • temp gun
    ect

the only changes id support would be possibly buffing disabler limb damage, so if I wanted to slow someone down quickly I could aim at a leg and slow them down quicker than it is currently (the downside being only chest/head disables actually down someone)

nerfing the movement speed means if you get caught in a hallway by someone with ranged stuns you arent getting away, it makes running away a lot less viable.

3 Likes

If you counter someone’s speed your own speed becomes even better.

1 Like

Flashbang

its LRP. they’ll have glasses.

bola

requires good aim. i can’t land a single hit while they’re bouncing around the room fam.

Going into a small room

I can’t dictate when fights happen unless I happen to be the antag.

Temp gun

There’s only one until research and materials come in late in the game.

So yeah, other than this one gun and lube grenades I’m fucked.

I mean all of your issues here would be solved by getting gud

also ss13 favours the person with the element of suprise, getting ganked is just how it goes sometimes, slowing down movement speed means ganking would be even stronger.

3 Likes

1 Like

Bolas are not meant to be hit during combat or in open hallways. Use them in maint or before you engage someone

1 Like

this shit kinda off topic but the votes on the speed PR really do be makin me think
изображение изображение

find a single lrp player

9 Likes

damn this is prime example for that MRP makes decisions for LRP

6 Likes

mfw sage players call lrpers an assistant metagang and proceed to make decisions on lrp PRs

7 Likes