Ravellon Admin application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Ravellon

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Ravellon

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): Every day or close to it, times erratic.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Don’t think I will bring much of a change, just hopefully reduce the workload for other admins.

How old are you?: 28

Why do you want to be an admin?: Seeing how I enjoy observing almost as much as I enjoy playing (or more, in case of Golden) to have something useful to do as I ghost around.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Living: around 300h on tg, around 130h on Bee, under 50 on a few other servers.
Ghost observer: around 100h on tg, around 80h on Bee.
I have no notes and no bans.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: I think since tg’s botany changes.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
If 1 is no knowledge and 10 is all there is to know about SS13 then about 4, I would say.
If 1 is a total newbie and 10 is the most skilled player there is then about 7.

Areas I am decent at: botany, engineering (SM in particular), genetics.
Areas I am lacking knowledge in: toxins, fusion.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: Know the controls, played around on localhost for a significant amount of time. No actual experience however.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Not an admin as such, but I do have experience trawling through logs for specific events.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: No.

Your strengths: I am a rather calm person. Also have training in separating bias from fact.

Your weaknesses: Not prone to initiate casual conversations. More comfortable in formalized communications.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Nothing, pretty much. I can’t remember the last time I got mad at something. Frustration seems to be as far as I can go.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Impartiality when wielding authority. All other things can be resolved if it is maintained.

What makes a staff team good?: Good team members that enjoy working with each other.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To improve or at least prevent from worsening the gaming experience on this server

What kind of player are you?: Either I have a specific project in mind I try to finish, I just explore maint in search of interesting things and people or I ghost around in search of interesting events and people.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I probably will ghost even more. Doubt I will change any more than that.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Well. The question is, why did the HoS have his gun in his hand running somewhere where clown could slip him and steal his gun?
If he was chasing a suspect then clown just aided a likely antagonist in which case, if he himself isn’t an antag, he needs a PM to tell he did wrong and a note at least. If there is a high amount of notes of shitty behavior that he was warned about maybe a ban for a day.
If HoS was chasing the clown or just running in the halls with gun in hand he gets what he deserves.

If I’m not too busy and it was specifically HoS’s special gun:
Assuming by “spaced” you mean thrown out to the edge of z-level, then the clown needs a PM to ask him not to permanently dispose of high value items. He could’ve flushed the gun into disposals.
If there are antags with steal objective or HoS was actually doing his job properly I’ll spawn the gun in a place the clown could’ve conceivably thrown it to if his aim was bad. As if the gun hit a wall instead of flying into space. Random bullshit that prevents greentext is part of the game after all.
If not, then there’s no reason to interfere in such manner.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
Well, that’s an obvious attempt to mass murder people for no reason. If he is a regular player without extensive notes then at least a month ban. If he is a regular player with lots of notes then a few months ban or permanent, depending on the content of the notes. If he is a new player then probably permaban.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Well. What explosives was he making? Meth? If so nothing. Chlorine Trifluoride? Then I’ll ask him why and go from there.

To be perfectly honest, the main reason this is Admin app and not Mentor app is because after looking through other such apps I found myself actually enjoying answering the questions to myself. So I would really appreciate the admins here to ask me some. Also, if this is rejected can I make a Mentor app right away or will I have to wait?

If this wasn’t just missed, then I would like to know what was lacking at least @GameAdmin

No notes for 240h playtime, also I like the app and answers.
+1 from me.

Edit: Answers are almost perfect for me.

Answers look good, Application looks good, note history is spotless, and your history on the forums reflects very positively on you as well.

+2 from me

T: +3

For the reasons already said +2
T:+5

This guy deserves it

bump

@GameAdmin
More votes one way or the other?

+1 looks solid overall

So, is more input needed or can a conclusion be made?

Answers are cool, good amount of playtime on bee. +1

Good answers but 180 hours is a bit low amount.
+0,5
T:7,5

Accepted at +7.5, please don’t hesitate to ask questions when you need to if you feel like you’re unsure about something.
Welcome to the team!