CKEY:Max_SteelF

Your Discord:Silversoul#0001

Offender’s CKEY: Unknown

LRP or MRP server: MRP

Offender’s In-Game Name: Randy Laver

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 08/03/2020

Round Number: #19393

Rules Broken: Rule No.9, Rule No.13
  • Incident Description: So I was playing a FRIENDLY ANTAGONIST (yikes, what? in MRP anything can happen.) my objectives were simple and clear: Steal a hypospray and a SM shard. I ordered a HEALING holoparasite and went around treating anyone I came across, I made my presence as a traitor really obvious and pretty much were blunt about my motives.

Captain found out and stuck me with a tracking implant and a lethal implant to murder me should I go rogue, we agreed on that. I went to steal a SM shard as intended only to find an exosuit fabricator in Engineering, the CE was conducting some ‘Robotics’ job.

I also saw the CE really fucking burned for whatever reason, so I ordered my holoparasite to heal him and so it did. The CE climbed onto his durand right after and tailed me as I went into the engine room.

I told him I’ll just take a piece of the SM and he said okay. I asked him if it’s safe and he said it sure is safe! at that moment I realized he’s being sarcastic and is about to murder me. I asked, “Are you really going to kill me even though I just healed you?” he replied, “You damn bet I will.” then two shot me with his mech even though I had not laid a single harm intent on anyone whole round long.

• Additional Information: The Durand may or may have not been built to deal with the blob threat, although I kinda doubt it because the game didn’t announce the presence of a blob until after I died by several minutes.
2 Likes

Dude, who cares if you are friendly or not. Friendly antags are cringe.
Protecting SM was his job and he did it well.

7 Likes

Yeah, because it’s perfectly competent for a CE to build mechs for no reason. Especially when it’s on an MRP server. Not like he gets a telebaton, a flash or some shit.

1 Like

Being an nice Antag is cringe.
You are a traitor and can be murdered no matter how you rationalize your motivation.

2 Likes

You DO REALIZE antags can’t run around murderboning, right?
That’s exactly why I didn’t pick another Holopara type and begin murdering everyone. If I can’t murder anyone I want, then why can anyone murder me?

Becuase those are the rules of engagement.
You can’t murderbone becuase admins are unbased.

People can kill you becuase you are actively interfering with the station by stealing a sliver of sm.

What do you expect antags are not meant to be nice and if you do play a nice one you can’t cry foul becuase someone did their duty and killed you

2 Likes

Please stop replying to this topic until you gain an admin role, otherwise you’re just proving yourself to be a salty LRP validhunter. Thank ya bro!

Mm yes lrp.
I’ll leave the admins to explain to you the same info I outlined I guess

1 Like

I was playing a security officer this round

They obviously wherent playing a ‘friendly’ antag, they’d just spam it whenever someone questioned them.

To clarify, I found them smashing open EVA at one point with a holopara, found a hypospray a shard extraction kit and took them to the brig where they got the implants.

Breaking into engineering when you already got lethal injection and tracking implanted, and then getting caught trying to do your objs in a highly secure area will make you valid and not ‘friendly’

1 Like

You act like being friendly gives you some kind of protection.
You could murder CE or whoever else at any time, even if you tried being “nice”.
Not killing confirmed antags should be against the rules since sec has to follow space law.

my holoparasite DID break a door and it was just because he was testing something, we haven’t really entered the EVA nor ahd we a reason to.

And the hypospray you’re talking about is a CMO given item and it was full of medicine. You might wanna do a quick fact check right there.

As for Archanial IDK if he’s braindead or something because the rules clearly state antags can’t kill anyone they please as long as their objectives didn’t say so. That’s what made me a friendly antag, my objectives didn’t require me to kill anyone and I had no reason to kill. If i were to kill I would’ve been banned, as simple as that.

the CMOs hypospray is a job unique item and frequently a traitor objective; which is grand theft and could have had you perma’d, you could have lied; but i can give you a pass on the hypo if the cmo did give it to you as I didnt check, you still got the ride to the brig for it though.

Also breaking into eva ‘for just tesitng’ is still breaking and entering a secure area.

1 Like

How is the CE protecting the engine from you stealing a sliver a breach of head of staff conduct? Taking a sliver destabilises the engine, the job of the CE is to protect the engine’s stability and maintain power/atmos. He caught you, a self-confessed traitor, openly doing something that damages the engine, with a traitor item that makes arresting you almost impossible, thus he killed you to protect the engine. What’s the issue? We aren’t a hugbox, you get no special protection for being friendly.

The only thing you could get him with is powergame via the mech. From previous player reports I know that Randy Laver is @RandyL and perhaps he can shed light as to his reasoning. Having a mech as CE isn’t powergaming alone, having it for no reason is.

6 Likes

I believe the mechs where made to fight a blob AFAIK, I saw one of the two mechs in question gunning it down.

Establishing a mini-robotics lab in engineering as a CE is p sure breaching of head of staff conduct.

Are you referring to this part of the rule?

Heads of Staff should not overstep their bounds. For example, the Head of Personnel is not a member of security and should not run around hunting criminals. Nor should the Head of Personnel loot the armory or give themself all-access.

The Chief Engineer is the supreme authority other than the Captain when it comes to permitting construction projects. Building a mini version of an existing department is within his authority. I’m not seeing how he’s overstepping his authority here.

2 Likes

That’s just dodging a part of the point. CE building his own personal combat mech is not something that is typically allowed on MRP. It would probably fall under something like power gaming.

Although the OP here would have just been better off letting CE die. The part where CE kills him was his own fault for healing CE and then announcing his intent to damage the SM. At the same time, arent we supposed to encourage RP? It seems like most people were on board with the “friendly traitor” deal, until CE wasnt and killed him because valid valid valid valid. Despite “defending the SM” being something the CE can and should do, I am pretty sure he killed him for the simple reason of “valid”.

1 Like

Oh fuck off. You could’ve lied about your objective and had martyr or hijact. And yes antags can kill anyone they want as long it’s not murder one (which is killing many people for no reason).
I suggest you hop onto lrp, get robust and see actual murderbone.

1 Like

Antagonists are valid once proven
first of all let me start this off with you are fucking cringe, you are reporting someone because you as an antag otherwise known as an enemy of the corporation got killed while doing grand sabotage on the SM, if you read the fucking rules you will see you are valid once proven, i am very sure that publicly declaring yourself an antag is enough proof that you are valid, yea sure fucking cry you died when you were running around the station with a holoparasite it doesnt matter if it was healing hurr durr the station, randy did nothing wrong, he was simply defending himself and his dept and in turn the station due to SM delam from a traitor who once they died decided to go bitch on the forums because they cant handle the fact that their “friendly antag” gimmick is frowned upon by the community, grow a fucking pair and get over the fact you lost and maybe dont be a friendly antag in the future, because one its fucking cringe and two if you cry like this whenever you die to someone when you play cringe “friendly” antag you will just get hated on by the community,
oh yes and just to say this upfront i am an LRP player and no im not an admin but you are fucking cringe and you shouldnt cry about this kind of stuff grow the fuck up you died because you were valid

also this is why MRP is bad and you cant convince me otherwise.

6 Likes

Cleared of (admittedly rather funny) peanut posting.

The CE is not guilty of any breach of head of staff conduct. He has been pinged and we await his reasoning for making a Durand to determine if he breached rule 9 or not.