**Which server did the ban happen on?**sage

**Ban Type:**permanent

**Ban Length:**for around 7979 years

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): December/24/2020

**Round ID:**25398

Ban Reason:
Throwing grande and lying for its reason
Appeal Reason:
I wasn’t lying about the reason I made the grande, comms were down so I didn’t know if blob was defeated or not. Right before I was coming closer to i was coming closer to the blob where the blob was there was announcment that it was defeated. That was the reason I got space adapt, so I could still fight after deprussuring.
Additional Information: You might be confusing thrown grande with other faulty one I used to scare people. No one was hurt.

Call me skeptical but I think there might be more to what you have said here to warrant a perma.

Edit : Already the lying part seems kinda on point

1 Like

You claimed you made the grenade for the blob
You made two grenades in the round - one three minutes before the blob spawned, one five minutes after the blob was dead.

08:13:32 GAME: Random Event triggering: Blob (/datum/round_event/ghost_role/blob)
08:35:07 GAME: no key/(Blob Overmind (66)) no key/(Blob Overmind (66)) is no longer owning mob Blob Overmind

This is the moment the Blob event triggered to the moment the blob event ended. This isn’t even the entire time the blob was up because the blob timed out on coming up with a place to plant itself. (I was the blob, mock me)

08:10:13. GAME: Randomperson05/(Brick Thomas) inserted the x-large beaker () into the unsecured chemical grenade (Chemistry (158, 90, 2))
08:39:42. GAME: Randomperson05/(Brick Thomas) inserted the metamaterial beaker () into the unsecured chemical grenade (Chemistry (159, 92, 2))
08:40:29. GAME: Randomperson05/(Brick Thomas) inserted the metamaterial beaker () into the unsecured chemical grenade (Chemistry (159, 92, 2))

These are the only grenades you ever inserted beakers into. Notice how the first one is before the blob existed, and the last one is five minutes after the blob which you were fighting was already dead.

08:42:49 GAME: Randomperson05/(Brick Thomas) primed a chemical grenade at Cryopod Room (0, 0, 0) containing: (metamaterial beaker 1 : Diethylamine, 90 | Iodine, 90); (metamaterial beaker 2 : Phosphorus, 90 | Hydrogen, 90);. (Cryopod Room (207, 114, 2))

And this is when the grenade was primed and thrown from cryo room as you’re about to enter cryo.

There is no confusion here, you blew a fucking crater in the station
Explosion went by in logs, so I jumped to it, saw the same name had just entered a cryopod and rushed to bwoink before you could DC.

There were two granades, the one that worked was against blob. But it was defeated so blew it sky high

The one you actually used while the blob was around (and made before the blob existed) was the dud. The one you made after the blob was dead you used two minutes later to blow a hole in the recreational area of the station.

Seems like a clear case of “I don’t care gonna do it anyway.” With the nade.

Looking at the ban page doesn’t look perma worthy imho from history. However I’d be keeping a month on this at least.

You shouldn’t /shrug and think that the punishment is worth the crime.

I didn’t know the blob was dead, because i thought comms were down, but in retrospect it was from blobs EMP blast that disabled my radio headset. The first grande was faulty and i knew that. I had literally no knowladge that blob was dead until caps announcement. And before the test i made sure theroom was empty so no one would be hurt.

i forgot that when i saw the blob, and i do have medical excuse for forgetting such thing. My comms were dead so i didn’t know that the blob was dead why i made it. For why I blew it, I wanted a referance point for exsplosions of around that maginitude.

Have slept, and putting both of these together your story actually makes sense. You were still fighting the blob in person for a pretty substantial portion of the time it was alive, but you did apparently walk away from it before it was actually dead, so your story is not actually that difficult to believe with a broken headset.

08:40:29. GAME: Randomperson05/(Brick Thomas) inserted the metamaterial beaker () into the unsecured chemical grenade (Chemistry (159, 92, 2))
08:40:54 SAY: Gunner Gecko/(Sage Tazer) (priority announcement) “Right blob os dead! Good job crew! This is the might of NT employees! Be sure to bring all firearms back to sec and leave maints! We are going out of red alert and are closign maitns back up” (Bridge (151, 139, 2))

No comms means this could easily have been the first chance you heard the blob was dead.

That said, it still doesn’t really excuse the testing of the grenade on the station regardless of whether you are in a rush or not. It does mean I’m happy to reduce this from perma though - it was only perma because your story didn’t match what I was seeing at all. It doesn’t matter if nobody is in the room, you are still destroying the station as a non-antag and causing issues.

This is also your fourth offense with causing explosions when you shouldn’t, although one of them was just mis-timed EORG, so we can probably effectively consider it to be the third offense.

chemist don’t have places to test out granades so this was best i could have done it in, It isn’t as much of issue after you gave people skin space suits, also the walls weren’t breached so it was easier to repair.

That might be because you’re not really expected to test grenades. You’re approaching this entirely the wrong way and making it seem like you’re just going to do it again in the future because you feel entitled to doing so.

If you must test grenades, go to lavaland or otherwise leaving the station entirely. If that’s not possible DO NOT TEST THE GRENADE. Keep in mind that making ultra powerful grenades for no reason is powergaming, and making them for the express purpose of testing them is not cool unless you have permission from command staff to spend the shift doing grenade testing and research instead of making chems and serving medbay.

If you want to powergame, play golden where there is no powergaming rule, but you still can’t test the grenades on the station

the grande wasn’t even ultra powerful, I just wanted a referance point for grande with strenght of the possible strenght are around 0.5-1*((0,5) it only counts as half because of mixture that causes exsplosion might be counted as difrent thing while calculating exsplosion)

Not to mention foams and smoke are more powerful against areal targets, groups of people and people in general. They can carry ClF3 what i have witness eating a floor of a shuttle. Futher more smoke allows chemicals to be inhaled and can carry acid that can cause clothes to be destroyed even when not at the epicenter of exsplosion

One of the more powerful late game grandes is 600u blackpowder which is what i consider ultrapowerful

1 Like

It seems like every 2-3 weeks you do something majorly disruptive and inconsiderate. No idea how your notes look, but your ban record sure doesn’t look great. I don’t think you understand the premise of Space Station 13, certainly not in the context of playing on a MRP server, and this appeal seems to reinforce that.

Why don’t you take some time learning to appreciate the nuances of this game that don’t involve blowing the station up and maybe learn to play well with others?

riddle me this, how am i supposed to learn beestation nuances when I am I supposed to learn nuances when I am banned.

By playing on another server. Maybe you’ll grow that big brain of yours and come back a more considerate person.

sounds like someone hasn’t been on other servers.
TG is full of validhunters and powergamers.
Yog doesn’t have factory building and most people are unrobost, also things happen too slowly for my taste.
And most other servers are 18 pluss.

Not great places to learn as you see.

Maybe by exploring other servers you’ll grow big enough brain too realize they all are diffrent in some way.

1 Like

Oh no, people who would robust you for throwing grenades around.

Your behavior and this appeal are a great example of why BeeStation should be 18+ as well.

The one thing they all have in common is that behaviors and attitudes like yours aren’t welcome. Given your outright aversion to self-reflection and history of blowing parts of the roleplay server station up for no reason, the ban should stick.

you actually sound like you haven’t been on other servers at all. And I mean at all. I recommend sinking good 50h into TG so you would realize how wrong you are and why
I wanna stay on bee. I can wait few weeks, but for ever is too long.

P.S.

they aren’t usally robost.

those servers are infamous for shitty admins

There are servers where people are with worse attitudes and behaviors than me.

Like I said, you haven’t seen other places

There’s a cool think called a “wiki”. You should check it out, it has a lot of the nuances you’re looking for, including some things you really need to look over like the server rules and escalation rules.

1 Like