Radstation feedback thread

Mine is that it needs an enterance/exit on both ends to make it a proper maint and maybe some more connections. thats it.

I very much like this, hopefully it may one day be official!

1 Like

definitely add the holodeck. I see it fairly used often for various shenanigans.

Change log:
added a 4th ‘leg’:

new dorms layout:

new botany and theatre backroom:

new viro with maint reshuffle:

if you’ve not seen them yet, added these sweet ion thrusters :smile::

various other misc changes listed above

3 Likes

doesn’t the existence of thrusters imply it’s more of a ship and not a station

it’s a station/ship in orbit around lavaland that uses it’s thrusters to counteract space wind and stay in orbit.

Fair enough. Walking into the back of the thruster better give you a shitton of burn damage

1 Like

haha while i would like to, they may be used to game, Pigeon Liidero suggested it throw you really fast away from it, looping around to hit the front. think i’ll do that!

1 Like
🥹

2 Likes

whoopsie… sorry!

1 Like

Issallgood

But anyways, I love the vision you have going on for the map. Might look at my more played departments later and see if I see any parts that would need feedback :]

1 Like

There’s no RnD server space… Still better than glow station/10

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, updated!

damn i forgot the R wall. will fix that later…

shuffle
if you could shuffle these to face eachother and have a space like on meta or delta so that 2 deadspace deadended maints would work better as a route i would appriciate it.

also xenobios will just move the stuff to pen area anyway.
maybe imitate how kilo has a small maint access area at the enterance but seperating the stuff instead?

Shuffle sec around a little
Eliminating the tiny breakspace (sec dont have those usually aside from the locker room and meeting area. Also eliminating the visitation room as sec dont need to move people from cells to another window room to have a chat with someone (you can talk through windows… (when we cant it makes sense) Eliminating the isolation chamber thing or exe room from where it is and moving it somewhere the AI cant see it

Shuffle HOS area around moving the evidence next to armory and dets near court and lawyers while remaking that area to be more consistant and allowing people to visit lawyers in their office without going inside sec.

combining the 2 external airlocks into one area to save space near enterance for a holding area (not cells)

sprinke a little maint around for the enterance area and lawyers and it should be more spaceman friendly

shooting range for sec?

big medical shuffle
Lets start with the mourge… you can just remove 2 trays and spin the 3 others to not open in the walkway and add a door directly to mourge from hall

add a maint next to chem to maint for conveniance

move cryo and treatment closer and flip treatment around a little to make it work with that change if you can (lots of space here for walking when you dont need so much.

connect the top and bottom maints with ether a public box area and shuffle the therapy to secpost and secpost to therapy but cut it off from medical. (no confusion which is medical sec for contractors and the like)

move the plumning area or just remove it completely since its rare to see it used and theres plenty of space in treatment allready.

Small engi shuffle
Moving the Sec post to engi lobby and moving the board storage around somewhere where the secpost was or whatever is best around outside engi enterance and not Rwalling it.
with the freed space from moving board you can compress engi proper a bit and move the lockerroom around to be near the enterance to SM area and eliminte the huge open space thats below it right now maybe move SMES there.

More space for xenobio due to engishuffle?

Tiny bridge shuffle
Moving consoles to the window and using the extra space for meeting room area and giving captain his own private domicile where he will not be harassed and giving hop more space aswell while adding a maintenance tunnel out of both so they can leave without going through bridge.
maybe caps room maint would also connect to sec lobby and hallway?

Remove the Silo from where it is and maybe place it between telly and bridge if you get more space for it.

These are all ideas and small QOL fixes for maint

2 Likes

Botany looks good very good. maybe a tiny maint tunnel somewhere to connect it dorms and library around for more crawlspaces for nightmares to mess around in.

Dorms is looking baller and i LOVE the destroyed solars at sec

New viro looks more filled out and lively too but is that a medical departmenr lathe? Viro airlock?

Noticed you have alot of spare SMES sprinked around… beware that some people can set them to full send to make E-grilles and electrified stuff literally fry people.

1 Like

the only improvement I could make with botany is swapping the position of the nutrimax and dispenser, so you can reach 3 trays instead of 2 while still reaching the dispenser. Also, is that meant to be a hydrobe in the backroom? looks more like a clothesmate

thindows on one side but full iron walls on the other side looks very odd, imo it should be fulltile windows on both sides.

1 Like

Big Corporate showroom in the big middle area and move spawns around it?

1 Like

hoo boy. alright, first easy fixes then the harder stuff.
swapped dispenser, added full windows.
moved arrivals to accommodate maint from hydro and solar sme
shuffled dorms a little:

1 Like

med not finished yet, but its time to sleep now here is a little shuffling to relocated and normalise chem pluming and phyc

1 Like

RADICAL!
(Hope no one has used that one yet.)

The Medbay is decent. I’d like to see Medbay central being more centralized in Medbay, and with this station design have it be almost directly connected to the two neighbouring hallways or the center itself. The medbay central itself is… odd. I can’t tell much by the quality but it doesn’t look like there is any good spot for the wall mount the CMO has in his locker.

The one cryo pod outside the Sec door is… very weird. It is so off to the side compared to other maps which most often have it in Medbay Central.

Surgery room is very, very small and has no dedicated viewing area.

I tried to provide a picture explaining the changes I was suggesting but… Pain(t) was a bit too difficult to show it in and I couldn’t see much of any of the individual objects sooooo… I did it in 3D but got distracted and redid Medbay entirely. lol

I REEEALLY like this design of Medbay fits in with your center. It looks amazing to me and is very pleasing to the eye. The 7x7 Medbay central is a blessing as Medbay central is 9/10 times too small and get cluttered so easily when there is a lot of people on the station.

However, I am not that good at virology nor do I like it and I forgot about the surgery room. Otherwise, I love this design. I am going to bed now, R.I.P. my studies.

Legend:
image A door.
image Life Stasis bed
image Sleeper
image Cryo Tube
image Scanner, computer and cloner from top the bottom.
image Directional glass pane.

And if you’re wondering, here is what it looks like in actual 3D.

3D view

1 Like