Racc-Off Discord Ban/Mute appeal

Discord ID: Racc-Off#3845

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 12/22/2022

Ban Reason: Point limit, I believe

Appeal Reason: I’m a contributor, conversing with others is important to the process of development.

Additional Information:
I recently reached the point limit by posting a GIF after I was told not to. However, I believe this is a gross overreaction, and an abuse of power, by the admin who distributed the points. At no point did anyone interacting with the GIF voice distaste for it, humoring it rather.
The applying admin came into the chat and asked me to stop using the GIF, after it had already been used for a long duration of the conversation. Under the impression this was a joke, as it seemed like a ridiculous scenario, I sent it again to the admin.
2 points were applied for this, a rather severe punishment for the scenario, and possibly motivated by personal bias from the admin.
I mean no disrespect to the admin team either.

Offender: ‘https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/952970985261396058/1002999315658186804/patriot.gif

Kept posting memes which called people himmler despite being told not to do so
2 points

This GIF is clearly made in humor, not realistically calling anyone Himmler.

4 Likes

I believe the meme is actually making fun of the edgy type of people you see on the internet with the meme containing a user with a Himmler pfp but they also have their age listed which shows 13.

2 Likes

How so? And if yes then that would warrant an admin report.

1 Like

2 points for repeat posting of an image seemed to be a large contrast to getting a 1/0 point flag for, without intended racism, saying ‘■■■■■’. Just the severity in general and calling it out, just an admin trying to power flex.

1 Like

I see the misunderstanding, but it still wouldn’t have changed me telling you to stop with this meme. I don’t want nazi imagery to spread on the discord and people to share memes like that on the regular.

If you believe this to be an unprecedented attack on free speech, then feel free to @ Elon Musk on twitter and convince him to buy the beecord for millions of dollars.

You chose the worst way to react to me telling you off, you chose the worst way to react once muted, getting all high up on your horses about being victim of some form of attack, and that you you were all above this (much smarter than me).

And now you are writing this appeal in the worst way possible by making it personnal at every corner, and acting like I ruined your life.

Here’s the reality, there wouldn’t have been a warn had you known how to act decently. Even if I had warned and muted you somehow, we could have still worked this out had you not decided to make a stand in the cause of morality and justice.

The more you write about this, the worst you make your case.
The only thing I knew about you beforehand is that you could be a bit of hardass in discord, but boy are you making a display of it right now.

You chose the worst way to react to me telling you off, you chose the worst way to react once muted, getting all high up on your horses about being victim of some form of attack, and that you you were all above this (much smarter than me).

I feel like this is an impression you received from scraping the #salt-mines channel. If you were obliged to share everything you read there, or didn’t, you would’ve noticed I said my intention wasn’t to portray myself as a victim and that I took full accountability, but not in terms of severity.

And now you are writing this appeal in the worst way possible by making it personnal at every corner, and acting like I ruined your life.

I’ll be sure to ask you to proof read any of my future pieces, Hilaris. However, ruining my life is far from being insinuated, possibly another personal bias or projection from yourself. That being said, I’m sure this is unlikely, especially from a well adjusted adult such as yourself.
I’m simply trying to make my case. I understand you can’t see my face or hear my voice, so please try to avoid inserting tone where there probably isn’t any.

I see the misunderstanding, but it still wouldn’t have changed me telling you to stop with this meme. I don’t want nazi imagery to spread on the discord and people to share memes like that on the regular.

Because you are a beacon of morality, deciding what is and isn’t. You position of admin means it is up to you who is and isn’t breaking the rules, under any circumstance. However, I don’t believe this is an appropriate use of that power, especially over something so mundane.

Should Hilaris really be the one assigned to this?

I haven’t actually read through the whole thing yet or have in any way appropriate context and this is not to be taken as a “final ruling” or any of the sorts. (I, as I said, lack the required context for it).

But… an admin told you to stop doing something. And instead you pinged him with the exact thing he told you to stop doing. I would’ve warned that as well :man_shrugging: . And I’m pretty sure any other admin would have also done so.

That part I completely understand. As I’ve said, It’s the severity that mainly concerns me, hardly seems like a 2 point situation, barley even 1.

I decided to have you muted over this to force you to explain on the forums because I feared a single warning would have had 0 intended effect, and that you’d have kept posting the meme or made jokes about it when I just wanted it gone.

You are acting way too entitled for your own good, this was a simple issue, hell I even had misread the original intent of what you posted.

I’m reducing this to one point with the hope that this incident can become water under the bridge at some point.