Qwerty discord mute appeal

Discord ID: coconatsu#4342

Admin Discord ID: mc_meiler#8054 / Derpling#4498

Ban Type: mute (appealing 2 warnings)

Ban Length: infinite

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 6/22/2022 7/05/2022

Ban Reason:

1: Could we please refrain from posting meth synthesis instructions on the discord?

2: political in 6hours

Appeal Reason:

For the first one, I think this was the video for context (with some bait thumbnail): How to make meth meme - YouTube
I’m not really quite sure why we ban a shit-tier meth synthesis explanation meme when our discord is literally an SS13 community, and also you could just look it up on Wikipedia. Sure there might be an argument for Discord ToS but even if you make that stretch, it could have probably just been a zero point boop and I would have still been like ok sure thing wont do it again. Either way, I wont do it again and I now know that this type of thing isn’t allowed in the Discord, and it was a decent amount of time ago.

For the second one, I don’t really even remember what I posted but I think it was just a link to some vaguely political article. Didn’t realize that constituted a political discussion, and I think I was posting it for funny, not for a political point either way, so I feel like this also could have just been a zero point boop. Either way, I now understand the extent of the politics rule and wont post such content again. It was also a decent amount of time ago.

Additional Information:

2 Likes

For reference to the first appeal, this is as close as the ToS or community guidelines gets

and the closest stretch of an actual rule in the discord would be

1. Use common sense.

I dont aprechiate the attitude thats comming across here, truthfully.
You do not decide what the rules are or how we interpret the TOS, we do. Your oppinion on the matter is irrelevant and you dont make a good case for yourself by trying to argue we’re in the wrong.

Im gonna let the newer of the two stick, but if you can once more confirm for me that you wont post funny meth/bomb instructions ect, i will lift that one since its been roughly 5 months on that one now.

1 Like

I won’t post the funny meth instructions.

Do you by chance have what I posted in #6hr that was the reason for the second warning? Genuinely just trying to understand the rulings in order to not make the same mistakes and get warned again.

Aight cool :+1:

No, im afraid i do not remember. I had a poke through the audit log and it seems to have been “IMG_2489.png” if you want to go trough your files, but i cant tell you about its content im afraid.
Just avoid anything that can be interpreted as a political statement, including compas memes and some seemingly “uncontroversial” oppinions (that are actualy still being hotly debated).