QM should be a command role and other changes to the command structure

This is pretty much the exact structure I have wanted our heads of staff to follow ever since initially learning the Quartermaster wasn’t actually a head.

Head of personnel should, frankly, not be directly in charge of anything but minor roles and instead primarily fill the role of being the Captain’s first officer (Or being the acting captain of the station in their absence), handling general administration of the station in much the same regard as the captain does, while being directly responsible for only the jobs that don’t have a direct head of staff.

1 Like

That’s the point, if qm becomes a head rev rounds would be extremely one-sided, with QM yelling out ‘muh valid’ when anyone orders anything other than mindshields, forcing revs to bum rush QM in order to not lose. The reason QM has a pair of sunglasses but isn’t a head is literally because of rev rounds, to ensure no side would take over cargo too easily.

To be honest the QM SoP already covers everything, and you’re acting like cargonia happens every other round. The most common problem people have with QM and cargo in general is 1. QM not approving their orders, and 2. gun cargo. 1 is not valid because it’s stated in QM SoP that he has the power to deny any orders not made by a head, and if you’re a head you might as well just bust in and order yourself. And for 2 it’s just an IC problem if they order it, if they use the guns without permission then you can ahelp them.

Your acting like i think Cargonia is a bad thing… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

|Quartermaster|213.2h
As a QM main, cargonia is fucking glorious

2 Likes

Heads cannot be antags on either server.

When did this change…? Last i knew it was only on Sage, not Golden.

When the rules changed in February.

Oh. Huh.

My point still stands.

No, if you detain the Captain or acting captain for entering the armory, that’s pretty much mutiny

Problem here is uniform and name. Head of Personel (HOP) sounds good but its like second captain (another captain). I always love picking chef, have access to bar, botany, kitchen and changed my name to Manager of Service. That way is more fun also all this places having connection to each other with one person having knowladge and resources.

About clothes… If you put a jeweled crown to a farmer he wont get into his farm field. His clothes maybe can be hmm… must contain green but not fully like botanists uniform. (green man represents fool at tarot and thats botanists role)

I forgot to mention, I am also protecting the station from bad Karens (waiting for the the day I am gonna counter one of them).