PSA: Official Statement Coming Soon™

Then deadminned green tea when he spoke out

why even make an announcement for this lol. its fine if you want some kind of dictatorship to tell the plebes what they deserve but at least admit it

First they came for n word but I did not speak up cause i wasn’t a n word
Then they came for oneplusone but I didn’t speak up cause I was not oneplusone
Then they came for Green tea but I did not speak up cause I was not Green tea
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak up for me

TBH if it was just ‘beestation is run how I want it to run and I don’t want people to say the bad word’, that would be fine…

If they weren’t taking patreon money and acting like they run some kinda democracy.

I have only two words to say “cowardly fuck” i feel like that encompasses everything I could possibly say about whos making decisions right now

Mfw zanos uses magic to foresee the future

1. Why wasn’t there a vote?
    • Actually, there was a vote. Several. Involving various levels of staff. These votes also were done in various manners. Some were official tallies (vote yes/no if you want it) while others were long winded discussions and debates. This all took place at various points over the course of the last year. At the end of it all, we made this decision and we are currently looking to stand by it. To be clear, this wasn’t an overnight decision.

The scumfuckery of this is EXTREME, it’s self explanatory.

1. Why did you bypass council for this?
    • This is slightly complicated, but the short answer is that we didn’t. The actual decision to implement this filter was made well in advance, before the new-council was in effect. To be specific, actual work started just before our old council was dissolved and the tools needed for this were merged in late November. I, and the others, will concede that we could have done another vote. But, given the length of time we spent discussing this topic (A little over a year) it wasn’t an immediate consideration.

Literally means bypassed.

1. Why was this done in the first place?
    • Also a complicated question. There were several contributing factors as to why we implemented this change. The most notable being that we started as a beginner friendly server that was welcoming to new players; however, we slowly turned into something that wasn’t. New people just getting into SS13 have been having a hard time joining Bee as a result of our collective behavior. Additionally, it was becoming increasingly difficult to grow, advertise, and work with other servers. Ultimately, we were stagnating. Our reputation and image were commonly cited reasons as to why. These changes seek to help us become more accessible to new players, coders, and admins.

“Zoey told us to”

1. Are you going to remove the filter now?
    • We are not currently planning to remove the filter. There have been some conflicting statements made recently, mostly as an impulse reaction by some members of staff. We have deliberated this a bit further and decided that holding firm on the current implementation will be our best step forward.

Zoey doesn’t want it gone

1. Who ultimately is responsible for all of this?
  • All of us involved with managing the project collectively decided to do this. No individual person forced this change and no single person is responsible. We discussed everything ad nauseam and ensured that the current filter was approved unanimously.

Crossed fall and two other retards

1 Like

Posted by IKE

The two player council members voted for option 1.

They did not wait for the third person player council member.

Ike is happy that this vote was very rushed, shifting all blame towards Minius.

Despite having 6 people agreeing to remove it from LRP, they don’t care.
How those 6 people couldn’t band together for the minute this vote was held in is also pretty ass.

5/11 majority victory, based head coder can’t do math.

1 Like

On top of a 5/11 being majority, some how,
6 people voted to remove it in LRP, but this whole “act on good faith thing” runs only as far as they want it to, as they are above it.
Additionally, they didn’t care about 33% (A third) of the player vote not even counting, as the third player council member has not even been elected.

What the hell?

How hard is it to find any evidence of these “year long period of discussions and votes”?

The search tool exists. Use it.

Historical votes and council discussions aren’t avaliable to non-staff, dude.

On top of that, this shit is really simple, literally just hit up a poll “filter yay or nay lmao”

Here are the results.

So, cross, ike and qwerty voted for 3. (2 people missing)

Zesko and kevster voted for two. (all here)

Minius and Zesko (Multi voting is not a thing), Dimas and (Person’s named was obstructed)

Minius’ good intentions of splitting up the remove the filter votes was held against him.

One member did not vote at all.
Another member is also missing.

That’s the story so far.

Edit 1: Xylana refuses to say what he voted for.

There are also hints that a re-vote will take place, so the person that didn’t vote can vote and the empty seat can be filled.
Proof: image

The council who creates the vote should make sure that the next vote question doesn’t divide the anti-filter voters into two, which was mistake one, or at the very least, Co-operate.
If this fails, then that’s that.

1 Like

Doing God’s work niger

I had to use my mind to actually read this
0/10 I didn’t understand what the stickmen meant because it could either mean they agreed to it by holding their hands up or disagreeed by holding their hands up or that it’s just some stickmen

Did nobody here ever do a poll with “Raise your hands if you agree”?

Also, we’re waiting on the new council player rep to vote now. If it fails, I won’t say a single word as I promised ike.

That’s really bitchy in a way that makes it seem like you don’t actually care about the vote itself. Ike wasn’t even the one who started the vote.

Interpreting a vote that has 4 people voting to remove it from LRP and and 2 people voting for removing it from both where 5 vote to keep it is a good way to make people bitchy.

Only 9 people have voted and it seems as though we’re waiting on Kerbin and Lagomorphica.

EDIT: I know how addition works, thing is unless stated otherwise you can vote for more than 1 option.