Prickly_tomato Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): prickly_tomato

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): prickly_tomato#9453

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): GMT-5 (USA central Time Zone), Currently I only have work from Friday-Saturday so I would be able to be online any other day for at least a few hours (mainly late at night like 9pm-1am)

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Actually answering prayers, Centcom role play, I want to help improve MRP and LRP

How old are you?: 21

Why do you want to be an admin?: I’ve always wanted to get more involved since I’ve started playing and with the admin drive I thought this would be a perfect time than anything

How long have you been playing SS13?: 8 months

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: 8 months (469 hours)
I have played a round in fulp and a few others servers but stuck with BeeStation
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 7

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 5

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I’ve been admins for KIK and discord groups (most have which have disolved)

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: I have none

Your strengths: I have a large amount of patience, I am understanding, I make sure I get both sides of an argument, I have a strong understanding on space law/Cybernetic law interpretation and logic

Your weaknesses: Gonna be real, I’m autistic. I lose energy quick from rapid stressful situations and when I get mad it’ll take me awhile to calm down (but in those situations I would try to hold on until whatever is over then step away to cool off). I also have strong opinions on the rules and will argue strongly about them.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: People treating others like shit for no reason, power tripping shitsec

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Staying calm in stressful situations, making sure to get both sides of the story

What makes a staff team good?: Communication (between staff and players), transparency

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To make sure that rounds are going smoothly and that everyone is having fun

What kind of player are you?: I try to role play to the best of my ability, when I’m an antag I try to do the riskier or more creative ways to achieve my objectives, when I’m ward I make sure that everyone gets realistic punishments and that I have both sides of the story (I tend to just let people go without any jail time) and try to weed out the shitsec.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: Gain even a larger amount of patience, understand more about the rulings I don’t agree with, and a greater love for this game

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: I’d check antag status. I’d check to see if he’s been doing pranks the whole round or at round start he slipped hose and spaced the gun (to see if the clown is trying to do his job of pranks). After getting both sides, I’d give the clown either a note and/or job ban for a few days if the notes are light and few to no bans. I wouldn’t replace it though, antag objective items can be lost at any time in any way through chance in the round. Also this question doesn’t state which gun it is so if it’s like a energy gun I’d tell HOS that it’s an IC issue and to get another one from the armory.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: First I would put them in admin-jail, check to see what their playtime. If their playtime nothing, see what their response is before a perma-ban. First would be admin jail, then I’d check playtime hours. If there are no hours, see what they have to say before a perma ban. If they have hours, get their side and check on notes/bans. If it’s a first offence I would do a 2-week to a month server ban, if they’ve done it multiple times or other major things I’d give a 6 month to permanent ban

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: IC issue so nothing, maybe check if they’re a new player and see what they did so I can give advice

Very low amount of notes, I like the app and hours are very good.
+1

2 Likes

A little to harsh for my tastes, the circumstances change for a multitude of reasons, like prep time for pranks or gathering the space lube. But the clown is usually protecting their god given right to throw pies in HoS’ face and deep fry their gun when the opportunity presents itself.

+/-0 for now

Here’s some questions

1.LRP an IAA sets up an SM delam so it collapses into a singularity, what do?

2.MRP A NI- assistant breaks into engineering and takes the electrical locker to atmos so he can grab the fire axe to break the locker and grab a pair of insuls, but afterwards returns everything to the way it was (putting axe back and also locker), what do?

3.LRP abductors be abducting, and stealing all they clothes and ID and shit. Once done stripping the abductee they send them straight on top of the SM, what do?

1 Like

yeah looking back it is harsh

Had a brain fart, what does IAA mean?

That is an IC issue, they can be reported to sec to be arrested for stealing and breaking in.

I’d get the story and then do a job ban (or possible sever ban depending on the history) with length depending on the response, hours, and past offenses because just killing the abductee’s is a HUGE no.

Internal Affairs Agent

First I would get try to see if another admin can help stop the SM delamming (I don’t know how to work with the SM) then I’d try to see why they delammed. Only possible (non-malicious) reason is maybe they had a hijacking objective and needed the crew dead, but delamming is way too far and more likely to get yourself killed. After the response I would give a minimum one week ban if they had minimum notes. If they had a history of this I would scale it up

Actually I don’t think IAA can get hijack objectives

1 Like

they cant that would make no sense

1 Like

Yep I think I had another brain fart, aren’t internal affairs the antags that goal is pretty much kill another internal affair agent?

They usually get an objective to kill a traitor.

Ah, forgot about internal affairs agents then. I haven’t seen them/been them for awhile

I’ll just say it’s not a great look that you don’t know a certain round type that there are literal council rulings on.

I haven’t been able to find any council rulings about IAA on the pinned “New ruling” post on the forums, and literally the only mention of IAA is on the wiki in antag conduct (and only talking about a murder bone ruling) and not even mentioned in the traitor page of the wiki (which IAA should just be listed under blood brothers as another sub-type of traitors).

I honestly (as a player) don’t really pay too much attention knowing wether or not it’s a IAA or a normal traitor round because they’re both people with traitor items with somewhat similar roles (with IAA only goal is to kill another traitor and live to tell the tale). As sec you won’t really be able to tell the difference unless you search the victims body and find traitor gear and put two and two together that “Hey, multiple people with traitor gear on the station are just fighting each other, it’s just IAA”. Really the only way you know it’s an IAA round is at the end of the round.

I cannot find it either in new rullings. not even the new rule that was added month ago

"IAA is allowed to murderbone if they are in possession of either a Clown Car or His Grace.
(This will be ported to the wiki at a later date.)"

Else IAA agents are agents that are sent by CC, and they have to minimalize the damage, while completing their objective. Therefore if somethign wents wrong, CC will deny sending agents and call them syndicate.

EDIT. additional info from wiki " So you’re a double agent. This mode functions a bit differently from normal Traitor in that it’s an absolute clusterfuck you are assigned another double agent to kill! However, this means that there’s also a double agent out to kill YOU! You need to kill a double agent while not being killed yourself. Some uplink items, like the bomb, are unavailable in this mode. You, of course, won’t be told it’s a Double Agent round but you can easily meta it from the number of objectives you have ."

They’re under antagonist conduct on the wiki

The answer I was looking for was that you bwoink them for why they were doing this, because if you don’t, they think they can just do this every round and this isn’t MRP behaviour and is also heavy power gaming when there is no reason/active threat to do this.

The rest of the answers are okayish

+.5

T:+0.5

1 Like

-1 for what seems like a lack of knowledge, harsh rulings on the clown and general derpyness.

Put in a few more hours to learn the standard things on the server.

1 Like

Great application, Answers range from shaky to good, but being humble and accepting of your criticism when wrong/lacking information is a very strong indicator of someone who is able to fill into the position well even if they aren’t a good match immediately. Being willing to ask when you’re unsure of something instead of just trying to BS your way through a problem is also a good strength.

+1.5 from me
T: +1

1 Like

Only under a very specific set of circumstances.
+1 from me.
With Ruko’s total of 1.5, T=2.5

1 Like

20char20char20char bump

1 Like