Pretzel's science bomb guide

I rarely see people do the maxcaps or they do it in like 30 minutes instead of 10, so this is a guide detailing my method of doing it. The fastest I ever did it using this method was 7 minutes from shift start, so basically 11-12 minutes including the lobby wait time.

The steps are in order, so they flow neatly one after the other.

Preparation:

• Get the tools:

Wrench, Screwdriver, Crowbar, RPD

• Input the contents of 3x O2 Canisters into the mixing room:

Note: You don’t have to sit there and wait for all canisters to empty out, do the other preparation steps in between canisters.

Some maps have a mixer connected to the input, some maps only have a connector, regardless of that, what you have to do is set all the pumps to maximum pressure on the input line and make sure that by the end of the preparation phase you have emptied 3x O2 canisters in there.

• Set air alarm to scrub only tritium:

Click air alarm > scrubbers > Select only tritium and extended range

• Set up the output from the mixing chamber

Make it look like the screenshot. The mixer must be set to OFF, maximum pressure, and the node of the mixing chamber output must be set to 33% and the other connector must be 66% or the likes. That is to say 33% Tritium in the end and 66% O2.

• Get the mixer ready for the hot mix:

Using the tools and RPD make a mixer like in the screenshot. Usually there is a useless 3 connector + manifold with a gas scanner on it. Just disassemble those and put a mixer there.

The hot mix:

Set the mixer to maximum pressure and mix 28% Oxy and 72% Plasma. !! Make sure not to mess up the nodes !!
Then attach the canister with the mix in it to the heater, and heat it up to >100c then disconnect. Now check that the temperature is rising on its own. If it is, we ignore it for now, just make sure to correctly label it and set it aside so you don’t make an oopsie later, if it’s not, heat it up more on the heater. Make sure to have it disconnected from any connector before you check that it is.

Tritium production:

By the time you finished the hot mix or even earlier, science should have researched industrial and thus given you access to the basic RPED and T2 parts. Your first priority here is to get one, and load it up with 4 T2 Lasers and 4 T2 Bins (You can do it with only 4 T2 Lasers but it’s cleaner to just get both since you lose nothing.).

Step 1
Disassemble the heater > Switch it to a freezer (screwdriver on the board) > Move it to the manifold on the mixing chamber output line that we set up earlier> Wrench it > Put board in > glass - wire - RPED > Screwdriver (> Rotate if needed, screwdriver then wrench) > Set it to lowest temperature > Turn on.

Step 2
Set the input to the mixing chamber pump to 50 kpa > Bring plasma tank > Wrench plasma tank to the connector on the input > Turn on the igniter.

The long wait:

The hot mix is heating up, the tritium is being produced, extracted and cooled down. This is by far the longest part of the process and I am looking for ways to speed it up but I will talk about that after the whole process has been detailed.

When is the wait over?

Hot mix canister temperature > 40k kelvin Edit: > 30k kelvin
&&
The gas in the pipe connected to the freezer on the mixing chamber output line temperature < 50 kelvin (I like letting it be < 45 kelvin but it works either way). Edit: => 60 mols && <50kelvin

So what do we do meanwhile?

1. Prepare the O2 for the cold mix

Upgrade the parts of the other freezer, the one that was there on shift start, with the RPED > Bring either a new O2 canister if the map has any to spare (I think only delta has spares, the others are limited to only 4) or if it does not, bring in the O2 canister that we used for the hot mix, it should still have a comfortable 800 mols or more > Wrench it to the connector > Set the freezer temperature to 43kelvin and turn on> When the canister reached that temperature you wrench it to the cold mix mixer.

!! Notice: The mixer is still off, do not turn on until the gas in the pipe is the correct temperature!!

1. Make sure you have a clean filtering set-up. (Clean as in nothing else has been wrenched to it before)

!! Notice: The hot mix canister is not yet wrenched down, we’re still waiting for the correct temperature!!

1. Bring out the portable pumps and attach them according to the screenshot.

The wait is over!!:

Pipe has tritium and is below 50 kelvin? Check!! Edit: =>60mols of tritium and <50kelvin

Canister has plasma and is above 40k kelvin? Check!! Edit: >30k kelvin

Wrench the canister to the filtering system, and turn on the mixer on the cold mix!

Now the portable air pumps are filled with the super heated plasma and very cold mix of tritium and oxygen.

!! Notice: The pipe only had like 70 mols, but the pump has 160. I don’t know if this is a bug or something else, but the pipe can show as low as 40mols of tritium, however it will always be 160+ in the pump, so don’t worry !!

Assembling the bomb:

1. Get a plasma tank and and oxygen tank from the dispenser.

1. Empty them both into an air scrubber.

1. Fill one with the super hot plasma, and the other with the cold mix, portable air pump set to maximum pressure, set to “In” and after you have the tank in it, turn on.

1. Connect the tanks to the valve and also set a signaler with a code and attach it to the valve, have another on the same code to trigger the explosion.

1. Take the bomb to the launch room, and send it to the target range.

2. Send the signal!

Profit!!

Discussion

• Plasma from the mixing chamber?

I see a lot of people suggesting to take heated plasma from the mixing chamber while it is burning, the problem I have with that is that it requires either cleaning the pipes of tritium before scrubbing plasma, or it requires a filter set-up. Both of those solutions waste valuable time in my opinion AND, most importantly, they’re just annoying to deal with. My method makes a VERY clean and easily separated plasma and trit-oxy mix, with no fiddling in between with what the pipes contains. (Also, easy to make plasma-oxy destructive maxcaps after you’re done pretending to not be a traitor.)

• Why the mixer right at the output?

Again, keeps things clean. You REALLY do not want to wrench the tritium container to ANY other connectors, because you lose valuable tritium in doing so. And while you can probably do it once and still get a maxcap, do it twice and it’s already gone.

The entirety of my method is focusing on speed and making as FEW moves of canisters with gases in them as possible. As a matter of fact there is only 2 moves that can be considered wasting gas. Of the hot mix to the heater, and of the oxy to the freezer. Everything else is static.

Post any further questions below and if I know how to, I will answer

Post down there if you have any better set-ups!

New findings

I edited it around the place but I want to put it also in a separate section just to keep it clean.

Found out it also works just fine with only 30k kelvin on the plasma temperature.

However, more importantly than that: !! Turn the scrubbers off when you get to 60 mols in the pipe, with the scrubbers turned off, the tritium will cool very fast, then you turn on the mixer, put an empty tank in the portable pump, set it to in and max pressure, then turn on. It will fill out the can with like 150-160 mols of trit combined with whatever oxy amount.

5 Likes

Good guide, found one thing missing from my toxins experience that now allowed me to make 50k bombs fast.

Not good at toxins, but can you hook heat exchangers in the burnchamber and just heat a plasmacan that way?

That’s more about atmos knowledge to be honest. But if you know how the underlying mechanic works, why not try and do some !!SCIENCE!! and let us know over here?

I did test it, only heats the can to 6k Kelvin so its not that good

Slight update, nothing changed besides the END conditions and the procedure for tritium extraction, as they are detailed in the new findings section.

Another slight update:

Posting here because I cannot edit my posts any more, been too much time.

This is how the scrubbers should look.

Also:
On some stations tritium accumulation can seem incredibly slow. What I found to be the most effective method, regardless of that I found a new way of quickly extracting the cold mix:

• When the hot mix gets to 30k, filter it out and put it into a tank. Right after that, whatever quantity of trit you have, stop the scrubbing, wait for the temperature in the pipe to go to <50 kelvin, then start the mixer, put a tank in the portable pump, and fill it up. It should go to 2.5k kpa, and you’re done.

no need to clean pipes of tritium if you use a bloody FILTER!
also what is your record of station time when you blew the bomb?

Oh, you mention the pipes bit because your preferred method is to extract the super hot plasma from the room?

Well, rounds sometimes start on 3 minutes, sometimes more. My fastest is somewhere around 10 minutes, so roughly 7 minutes from round start. Unless I misunderstood your question. What about yours?

1 Like

roughly the same actually. really depends on the map as well. but its usually anywhere from 7 to 9 minutes in if the round starts at 3 minutes so 10-12 minutes

1 Like

Adding another scrubber helps a lot with trit gathering.

Toxins speed run has 3 time variables to take into consideration:

1. Time for the hot mix to get to 30k kelvin
  2. Time for you to get enough tritium for the cold mix
  3. Time it takes you to move everything around

1 & 2 are linked as you cannot proceed without both of them finishing, however one of them might be done before the other, thus you need to shorten the duration they both take or the duration of the more time consuming process or it’s the same result, however 3 can be shortened independently and yield a quicker bomb.

Adding another scrubber does:

1. Nothing
  2. Minus
  3. Plus

Thus it would improve the timer only if gating happens on 2 and if it doesn’t take up too much.

However, the coincidence I found is that by the time the hot mix gets to 30k kelvin, you filter it out and fill a tank with the super hot plasma, if you stop the scrubbers at this point, you will have gathered enough tritium to fill a a tank with the cold mix to 2.5k kpa. (Further testing required but has worked before)

Note that my guide is trying to be as clean as possible, however, there are other shortcuts you can take to make the process quicker, such as starting the tritium gathering before you attach a cooler.

So really if you want to make it any faster than the 7 minutes which seems to be the unanimous fastest timer, you need to either:
a) Shorten the time for 1 + 2 to finish
b) Shorten 3
c) Properly time both 1 and 2 and find out where the gating happens. (Hot mix is easy to time but tritium might be more difficult as there aren’t any clean ways to measure this across all maps and all time dilations)

note that you only need 10k kelvin and t2 laser and bins to pull it off at maximum efficiency.
yes i checked how low can you go… apparently 10k is the reliable temp and any lower and it wont get you 50k all the time

10k kelvin for the hotmix(plasma)? Are you about to blow my brains?

i have tried to go lower aswell but it gets like 49k ish

Hot damn, ok then, I gotta try adding more scrubbers for trit and see what happens. Cold mix still at ~43 kelvin?

yeah the usual t2 all the way down to 43ish kelvin havent added more scrubbers usually but if i do it fast enough i could try to shave off some time… usually im just sitting around for some time waiting for tritium

I will give this a couple of tries myself, I reckon if you are fast enough you can get this down to like 5 minutes, or at least 6.

1 Like

my usual toxin mix music i listen to… or if im making fusion can

peaktoxin

when someone goes all out on their ttv this can happen also (not mine)

This guide is really good should replace wiki imo