PowerfulBacon

In Game Name:
Burnard Silkwind

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
PowerfulBacon#3338

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
GMT, Online pretty early during lowpop hours

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
Just would be online most of the time and take tickets like normal admins.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be an admin?:
Cause I play most of the time anyway, and I am already a mentor but there are a lot of times where I have no power to do anything, and I would like to be able to contribute.

How long have you been playing SS13?:

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
Basically all my playtime is on Bee, haven’t really tried the other servers. Mostly play on MRP as I prefer the lower population count, and the fact that if you play head your locker will be in your office.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
8/10
Can do engineering well, know how to set up all of the different types of engines.
Alright at security, although I usually have to ignore the other heads telling my to execute a clown for breaking in
Can do medical well. Know the drugs and their uses and can revive people even if the cloner isn’t working.
Cargo is pretty self explanatory, though I don’t have a lot of hours in mining.
I can do robotics well and can make about 20 floors bots in the first 30 minutes of the round if you wanted that for some reason, however I haven’t dabbled around with xenobiology much but can do the very basics, like what is required to get the slime core traitor objective. I am willing to learn though and actively browse the wiki for things that I do not know. (always have it open on another monitor when I’m playing just in case)
I usually play command roles a lot and usually do a good job at keeping the department stable, even if it isn’t always possible.
As antag, I usually get my objectives done as stealthily as possible although there are times where an unarmed assistant robusts me. Even with hijack the shuttle I prefer to do something like buy the build-your-own and creating traps with disposal pipes rather than attempt to assassinate the whole crew.
Despite my hours I have only received 1 job ban and a note (last time I checked, which wasn’t that long ago). The job ban was because I ran people over in a pAI controlled Mulebot on LRP and the note was for disabling safeties on the Holodeck and then flicking through the simulations without reading them (Pressed the bee one like an idiot).

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:
4.5 - Played around with the tools on a private server but have never used the tools directly on other people. I know the rules pretty well, so can get that bit covered.
I would consider myself probably a 6 now, since I played a round on Vexylius’ server as trialmin while MRP was experiencing issues. Got taught all of the basics of admining such as handling tickets, creating items, altering players etc.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
Am a mentor here on BeeStation and was made trialmin for a round on Vexylius’ auxillery server while the MRP server was being crashed. Learnt the admin tools, how to handle the tickets and some other things like spawning items and giving bodies to ghosts.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
No alternate accounts

Your strengths:
Logical and a good detective, looking into all the facts. I never make any arrests in game without direct evidence and will let people out if we can’t prove them guilty rather than if they can’t prove themselves innocent. I’m a pretty quick learner (when it comes to things I actually want to learn (this counts as one of them))

Your weaknesses:
Getting robusted by unarmed assistants.
Having the other mentors respond to mhelps faster than me.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Not much really, since I have gotten used to being dead most of the time, although I get pretty annoyed when my blood brother starts attacking me because I walked into chemistry and they didn’t know I was their brother.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Make sure they have the whole picture and not just give bans based off of their emotions.

What makes a staff team good?:
Not abusing their power and taking the bans fairly. I think it is also important to not overdo the bans and allow players to have at least a second chance, considering the server is targeted towards newer players.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To keep order on the server and prevent disruption to the round as much as possible.

What kind of player are you?:
I am a nice player and will usually try all of my objectives using stealth rather than murderbone. I like helping people and usually play command roles. Even when I play security roles like HoS I am still usually nice to the prisoners and don’t take them round to the maintenance for ‘reeducation’.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
I don’t think I will change that much, apart from playing less command roles and being in ghost more. I will just do my duties, and play the game normally when there is not much going on in terms of tickets.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Clown would probably recieve IC punishment at this point and will do his time in a prison cell. At this point I would just teleport it back to the HoS’s locker, where anyone with the objective can know where it is.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
First of all ask him why he us pumping plasma to distro and releasing canisters.
If he is obviously trolling and doesn’t care about the game then this will be a server ban.
If he claims something like ‘everyone is gang / cult’ so I was only affecting them, I would tell him that he can’t just kill everyone because he thinks that everyone is cult since he is killing non cult too and that most conversion antags can be deconverted anyway. If he was polite and was just a bit of an idiot I would obviously tell him he can’t do that and give him an engineering + atmos ban for 1 week or a server ban for the same time period or longer if he has a history of self antagging. He should read up on the rules before doing stupid shit like this, and he should have enough play time to know this behavious is not acceptable if he can plasma to distro flood.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
This is a pretty minor accident, and we’ve all done it at some point (First thing I did as a chemist), and since no one else was harmed here except the easily replaceable machine and the chemist, no bans need to be given, especially since this server targets newer players.

Have a good Christmas everyone.

Your account is only 2 months old.

EDIT: You also have 306 hours despite only 430 connections. Feels like you weren’t actually playing.

1 Like

I usually play for around 5 hours when I connect and do a few rounds of MRP, hence why a high hour count with little connection

Edit : 5 on weekends, usually at least 1-2 hours per weekday.
Usually play for long times, rather than play in short bursts

Oops, my bad didn’t mean to delete that.

I’m gonna ask a couple of questions because somebody has to:

1: MRP. Assistant with AA breaks into the kitchen. Cook tries to remove them but the assistant crits them. When the cook gets healed up, they immediately do back to the kitchen (with the assistant still in it), and CQC the assistant to death. What do?

2: LRP. Security sees assistant with insulated gloves. Stun batons the assistant, takes the gloves and walks off. Assistant crits them and takes the gloves back, and takes the sec officer to medbay. Valid? Not valid?

2: LRP. The situation above, but the security officer is in fact another assistant with a flash. Valid? Not valid?

1 Like

1: Since this is MRP the assistant should not have AA in the first place, and should be acting like a working person. Security should have been called instead of trying to forcibly remove the assistant. The assistant, although defending himself, should not have gotten AA or be breaking in on MRP without permission. The cook here followed escalation and did kill the assistant validly, although should have revived them in medbay.
I would probably tell the cook to revive the assistant, but take no further action against him.
For the assistant I would note them and ask them to pleas,e read the MRP rules and give them a 1 hour MRP server ban.
If the HOP gave the assistant all access, they would probably get a note and a temporary job ban as handing out all access does count as self antagonistic behaviour.
(This is assuming none of them are antagonists)

2: Having insulated gloves is not a crime and the security should not have arrested them in the first place. I think the assistant should have contacted an admin about this rather than taking the matter into their own hands first and would tell them that although would not take this further for them. As for the security officer, I would have to ask them why they took the gloves from the assistant (since it is likely that an assistant would use insulated gloves for their job anyway) and ask them why they thought the assistant should not have insuls. In this situation I think the officer would see the gloves as a sign they are going to hack, although it is not enough proof of the assistant being antag and arresting him shouldn’t have happened in the first place. They would have to get a warning about this. If they had a lot of notes about just using the powers of security to take things from people they would have to recieve a short job ban for this.

3: The assistant with the flash here is just being an ass and attacking others for no valid reason and I would have to talk to them in private and note them on this. If they had a lot of notes about stealing for no reason or just a general history of antagonistic behaviour a 1 to 2 hour server ban would be reasonable here. As for the other assistant at this point I would class it as an IC issue and let the in game security team deal with this.

Couple of things on punishments:

• Server bans under 24 hours are almost never issued becuase it makes appealing them if they’re incorrect next to impossible because they’re usually over by the time a response is received.
  • I would have preferred you to go harsher on the plasmaflooder because of the deliberate mass grief they caused. They would usually receive a permanent server ban, and a permanent engineering jobban at minimum.

However, your reasoning is solid and you seem to have a good grasp of the rules, so I’ll give my +2.

2 Likes

Edit: Got some trialmin experience on Vex’s aux server while MRP was down. Know the important buttons when it comes to adminning now. :smiley:

I like PowerfulBacon he is active and is one of the few players on bee that i can actually recognize by his ic name, also admins need to play the game,

1 Like

The playtime counter does make sure its not AFK. Also he plays on RP so longer rounds with less connections. That amount of time makes sense to me.

1 Like

He mains IPC so that is concering doe… all admins need to be based and redpilled or else we will have a new TG

1 Like

Fake news, moth propaganda
Human main all the way

+2 good awnsers and moderetly active.

1 Like

+1 good answers, but i just dont feel like giving you +2

1 Like

+2, I know this guy’s good at playing and is really active. Actually having admin experience is also a good thing.

1 Like

Damn i didn’t see dis’ shit.

And only 2 notes, with one being me the one time you turned off Holodeck and turned on Bee simulation without knowing that 300 bees would spawn and OD people on multiple toxins.

Fun times.

Happy late birthday

Do you know about Atmos, though?

Question Time Babey,

• LRP. Quartermaster and Cargo Tech, throughout the entire 50-minute round, have a small rivalry-like relation, even escalating from shoving and punching to critting each other. At the end of the round, before Evac Shuttle docks on CentCom, QM literally pulls a “Enough is enough” move by pulling a riot shotgun with lethals on, blowing the Cargo Tech’s head off. Valid? Not valid? Any rules broken?

• LRP. A player mhelps something regarding how a traitor item works with cyborgs. Minutes later, an assistant breaks into cargo, stuns said mhelping player, and looking through his bag, finds an emag, which he uses as an excuse to validly kill the player. Further evidence shows that the assistant is a mentor. Thoughts? Wat do?

• MRP. Captain, after a 3 hour long shift and the station becoming virtually self sustainable in every way (Engine going on without any issue, botany producing ingredients for chef to cook, mining doing their thing, Security being actually nice) and with every antag dead, declares independence from Nanotrasen. Thoughts? Rules broken? Should you do anything about it?

1 Like

I know the basics of atmos, how to plasmaflood AI and setting up things like the turbine, although cannot do fusion yet.

1. This was not a valid kill as the QM should have waited until the shuttle arrived at Centcom. Would have to message the QM and talk to them about killing people on the shuttle before it lands (assuming he is non antag), but would probably just let him off with a warning and a note considering they were both involved with doing this and the Cargo Technician was alright with it.
    On the other hand, if the Cargo Techie was an antag or was not happy with that, then their round just got ruined by the QM being a dick and taking the situation too far. Would probably have to warn the QM about killing people on the shuttle and give them a minor security, cargo and heads jobban, if not longer depending on their history of killing without reason.

2. Considering the player had no other reason to go and search the player, and no good reason to believe he was a traitor without metaknowledge (The mhelp), I see this as pretty bad and would have to report this to one of the headmins for them to look into it and then they can demote them if necessary. Would need to ahelp them and asked them why they searched that specific person and relay the supplied information to the headmin I would report them to.

3. In this situation he probably would have sent a message to Centcom (The admins), and it is pretty obvious they are looking for some action / a response. In this situation I would just ignore the message, or wait until the round end to spawn in some people to ‘peacefully’ arrest the captain, but personally wouldn’t do anything to disrupt the current round considering it is on MRP and most people enjoy the peace.

• 1 is a neutral answer-ish, though it was valid if the situation between QM and Cargo Tech had escalated previously into critting. Since they both critted each other previously, they were therefore valid for killing.
    You ain’t wrong and he could’ve literally just killed them at round end, but as for how rules works, it’s within the rules just fine.

• 2 is fine.

• 3 is where it’s also like, no wrong answer really.
    Creating some sort of response in the shape of a ERT to arrest Captain (and escalate to a ‘conflict’) would’ve been fine.
    Making CC officers arrest Cap at the end isn’t wrong either.

All in all, great answers, likable guy, and you seem to have your mind on the right place. +2

1 Like

I’ll throw in a +2 for points Ruediger has stated.

1 Like

Current Tally = +9

1 Like