Poink Banned By WhyisCaeciliusTaken

since when lings cant bone

Dna sting extracts genomes, he’s breaking the muderboning rule when he has easier ways to do his absorb dna objective.

Your running other peoples round by killing everyone on the station and it explicitly against the rules.

1 Like

Its within reason as the host doen’t know if he has the most extract, creating the environment to get as many extracts being the only way to assure completion. I think its within reason, plus it was not the ENTIRE station as you make it out to be, just the halls where people pass and occasional places where air is substituted. Also, I suck at pvp, not sure what your implying as easier options, it differs substantially what’s easier between players.

Dna sting is just alt clicking someone nearby, you dont need to flood the whole station for that. If your saying if its rp to make sure to get the most extracts, arent you also helping other lings? By adding more bodies your giving more bodies to other lings, if anything you should of instead bought the ling pinpointer to hunt lings rather then to help them. Also if your flooding it might husk bodies which prevent getting ANY dna making it harder to greentext.

Probability wise, I’d say the chances of getting caught taking down people one by one from round start is higher then what i did, at least with my skills. And potentialy helping other ling is true, but I was Atmos and better equipped to surviving the harsh environment, will say the drawback is higher then the occasional freebies for others.
Also dont know if people prefer being killed round start or in mass late game, this is getting philosophical trying to quantify happiness lost or gained.
Ah, the husking factor is a valid point which I didn’t know would prevent extraction, but no matter the intention, I only husked myself in this instance (of what I am aware of).

Your right, atmos has good things for killing. One of those things is a flamethrower, you could of used your trit for isolated killings instead of flooding the station. And because people can arrive on shuttle there is no late game for some people, and because there are people who like being killed early some not you can’t just kill everyone and expect to not ruin someone’s round.

Agh! But again, in pure statistics i had a higher chance being caught going place to place flaming people rather then going place to place activating vents heightening this objective. And what if I would have killed the same amount of people this way? Would that have been fine? As both have the same goal and intention, what incentivizes me to use a flame thrower instead? There is also the aspect where I wanted to test how far I can got with my department skills, witch I think is a big part of the appeal of being Antag.
And as for fun, these things like floods are part of what you deal with occasionaly playing ss13, its not as if the other players were completely powerless as vents could have been easily shut off by AI or borg or even interring Atmos.

I think the objective needs rephrasing if you cant do what I did with that objective, and hijacking/wizard will be the only time you can attempt to kill everyone.

I still fail to see why would you need to flood the station when your objective doesn’t require you to absorb people and can be achieved in like 5 minutes of hanging around bar and medbay. Objective is pretty clear and if you misunderstood its point it doesn’t mean that it needs repharsing. Seems like boning/lawyering and as unfortunate as it is we can only do that if hijack/martyr.

So flooding was my conclusion to achieving the objective with the lowest risk as i’m not robust in direct combat, and objective is pretty clear it wans you to absorb as many DNA, for you to win. Did I miss a line when reading that objective?

Your objective is to DNA sting as many people as possible. The sting has no indication and no after effects. People don’t see it and never notice it. Why do you keep talking about combat? Are you really inexperienced and never checked the buttons you get when playing ling (considering you have some bans from january, so you played the game for some time) or are you playing fool?

From the suggestion thread I learned the difference between extracting DNA and absorbing someone. I drop my case, I always absorbed people to extract DNA and thought that was the only way to do it as I figured that out in game.

1 Like

I humbly present my new case that I didn’t know, what can we make out of that?

We can agree that a week is not that long of a break and go to golden where murderboning is not punishable :sunglasses:

Noo! Anywhere but there! You don’t have authority for the final say!

Golden would be far more palatable to play if more people actually played it other than the group of around a dozen gatekeeping assistants that harass anyone from MRP.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: “Does golden gatekeep?”-Thread

The flood was the least of the problems. The main cause of death were the rad particles shooting out of atmos network. Which did indeed husk the bodies, eventually.
Anyone not rad immune had no way to guarantee survival because at any time in any place with LOS to a pipe they could’ve been hit with a death spark and get lethal rads, suit or no suit.

I am unsure how this was conductive to collecting DNA from bodies because even ling with purge ability will be hard pressed to walk around freely. Damage recieved should be higher than chem regeneration.

On one hand I can see the misunderstanding about the exact goal happening, easily.
On the other hand this is some mighty murderboning.

But considering I was an abductor that had to stop the abducting for the round because the station became a deadly rad trap, I may be biased. So I have no opinion on what should be done.