Player Report :WinterDarkRaven [velvet]

Why is this an admin report

yes thoose are the words velvet said

While Velvet is an admin, this should be a player report, not an admin report.

3 Likes

ah oops

So there is a confirmed station-wide threat and you’re reporting powergaming because captain decided to wear his armour?

The topic has been moved to player reports.

its not only that its all the things combined together

Then exclude the armour part because that does not make sense at all.

Yes. I did order science and engineering to give out screwdrivers and wire cutters to the crew to cut cameras.

You claim this is against R9, metagaming. It is not. You are allowed to know clock cultists use cameras to teleport. This is allowed within the rules.

Onto powergaming. It is true, I did wear my captain’s hardsuit. Many saw it and no one knew why. There was plasma in distro and I single handedly stopped it.

The station and cultists are at war, plasma flooding the station is allowed.

I actually removed my hardsuit and threw it away for more mobile armour. Hardsuit is pointless, there is no space in Reebe.

Will wait on second opinions.

This is metagaming in my opinion.

This also sound like some meta but it’s mostly gamemode’s own issue.

1 Like

As advice, I’d call cutting all cameras the same as stopping the station from generating power to prevent clockies from siphoning power; damaging your own station for the sake of an advantage; an advantage which should be patched. Abductors and clockies should bypass this whole camera thing and just have full view; especially abductors.

Additionally, cutting cams and calling shuttle as fast as possible, I’d call an exploit based wholly on looking at game mechanics tbh; but the shuttle does have to be called eventually.

Saying they are at war is nonsense, you don’t call the shuttle as fast as possible on blood cult.

What did the AI say during all this? Was there an AI? If there was an AI, it had all its camms cut, must have been fun.

4 Likes

This is literally what metagaming is.

5 Likes

The shuttle call forcing war is an issue with the mode. The ark should be forced open after around an hour, like it was with the old version.

I should also mention, cutting cameras does not prevent the clock teleport. It only makes it impossible for them to see where they’re teleporting to. With a bit of help from the Eminence, the cultists can know where to teleport.

Eminence has a ton of knowledge and can see without cams i believe.

Just because the gamemode is badly designed doesn’t mean its not metagaming.
Same way putting ling brains in MMIs to changeling check is bad.

3 Likes

I’m confused, excluding the shuttle calling part.
WHAT does we allowed to know IC , do we allowed to know what clockies/bloodcultist is, do we allowed to know what their weakness, they way of working etc?
or is that like Chaplain job to explain to the crew what those cultist are??

It’s entirely dependent on server administration on how far they want to go with what IC knowledge of antagonists people are equipped with, but from my experience at Yogs at least, it was part of roleplay to find out the abilities and characteristics of each antag in round. It would be considered metagaming/fail RP if you somehow knew that changelings were susceptible to BZ or that a blue APC meant malf AI without seeing it firsthand. I’m not sure how strongly this rule applies or what you’re allowed to know ICly, but based on the M1.8 rule above, your encounter with clockcult should always be your canonical “first”.

From what I’ve come to understand about MRP, however, this report being accepted would go against the standing precedent that exists on the server. If it were to be against the rules to know antags abilities and weaknesses, things may need to change. I stick on LRP because I know there’s no misconceptions like this and this may be one of many things that, if enforced, would push more population to LRP.

The whole joke about Sage players being unrobust isn’t really a joke - Sage straight up doesn’t exist for flexing robustness or pushing the META against antagonists. It exists for roleplaying and acting as your character reasonably would.

Had this debate with Velvet in private already, so they have been corrected in this regard

You know they are a powerful force that threaten far more than just your station. Clock cult being discovered is essentially worth an immediate code red, so powergaming goes out the window as a charge, but the metagaming aspect of it does not. There’s no reasonable way to know IC that the cult is using your camera system, and cutting all cameras not only derails the round as a whole, but also fucks over your station’s AI, ruining their round functionality as well.

In general on Sage, you should be acting IC - ask yourself if knowledge makes sense for your character to know and why. Nanotrasen probably has general training regarding syndicate awareness for instance, but keep in mind that you are supposed to be playing as if most shifts your chraracter has experienced have never been out of the ordinary before. If you encounter a syndicate agent in-round, it is the first time you have ever seen one in-person.

Most shifts (aka “rounds” out-of-character) are “normal” for your character. Rounds are typically non-canon, and only the current shift is abnormal/crazy/etc.

• Basically, don’t act like it’s normal for cultists/nukies/wizard/etc to happen to the station, or for things to generally devolve into chaos.
  • Pretend your shifts normally go smoothly and without major incidents, and that the current round/shift is an anomaly.

We don’t have explicit rules on what is and isn’t known for regular players because we aren’t forcing HRP and rounds are fluid. One round it might make sense to not understand a sleepypen, another you might overhear someone else using the term and decide you have heard about them before. But at the end of the day, the goal is to make rounds fun and engaging: Immediately jumping to the most efficient countermeasures available in the name of winning is not doing that.

Report Processed