Pixelman's second admin app

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): pixelman77

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): pixelman#7720

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): UTC +4:30, I am not a very active player and I sometimes hop on other servers but I like to help when I can

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I don’t really want any changes but I’ll probably try to enforce RP rules a bit, because while I’m completely againt’s HRP mindset, I’m also tired of assistants breaking into places to get item while they could just ask

Also might try to provide interesting RP situations for the players if there are any players willing to RP along

How old are you?: 19

Why do you want to be a moderator?: bee currently lacks in admins, especially in the hours that I play which means a lot of grief and self antag happens without anything done to stop them, and most of the times people don’t even realize it to report it.

**How long have you been playing SS13?:**since late 2019, my total play time on all servers is probably something around 700 I think

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: this is the main server that I play and I have around 630h here.

Also it’s been around 1 or 2 weeks since I came back to play ss13 and I was trying to get more recent playtime before applying but then I saw ro5490’s application and thought might be good to try with an application

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: probably 7 if you don’t consider combat

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): probably 5 or 6

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: yes, here but I think that most of the people don’t know me because 1. Most of you don’t play on my timezone 2. I usually tried to admin on golden (RIP) and a good amount of people that knew me have gone off to god knows where

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: I don’t

Your strengths: I learn pretty well from my mistakes, and I hold responsibility for what I did wrong

Your weaknesses: I believe that I used to judge too quickly when I was admin here but I will try to work on that

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: people that refuse to understand what they did is wrong is always frustrating for me but I would’nt call that “getting really mad”

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: cooperation

What makes a staff team good?: a good mutual understanding of what the server needs

What is a staff team’s purpose?: to try their best to provide a safe and friendly enviorment for players to c̶l̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ ̶h̶o̶r̶i̶z̶o̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ have fun in

What kind of player are you?: I’m a pretty friendly player and I enjoy a good MRP experience. I don’t main a department and play them all (I am a sort of jack-of-all-trades) and I try to stick to the job I’m given, and because I enjoy the work, I don’t play antags (I have 5 antag tokens from my “work” as admin last year and I have not used them and probably never will)

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: not really sure about that

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: depends on if the gun was HoS’s special or a common weapon, the station’s alert situation and if HoS was arresting or hunting a dangerous person/entity or if he was just walking around armed to stablish dominance. But overall, clown should not space the unique HoS gun and should not slip HoS or any other sec personnel if they are on duty during a dangerous situation, otherwise it’s a harmless prank.
(Also HoS should not be walking around with a gun in his hand depending on the situation and station’s alert system due to SOP)

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: ask them why they were doing that, admin prison if they are not paying attention and still running around. Check notes and global server notes to see if they have a history of similar incidents.
Given the context it’s pretty rare for them to have a good reason for this, if any reason at all besides the funny.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: just an accident, I will do nothing except directing the chemist to a wiki page if he is complaining on dchat and is new.

Also could we get some new questions instead of these three, you can just look at previous topics and mash up a new answer from them instead of thinking about the situation.

1 Like

Haven’t you been demoted before due to inactivity?

Demoted as mentor, I stepped down from admin position because of university entrance exams.

2 Likes

(The same thing that i posted in the other thread applies here aswell)
I will have to give this application a -1 for now solely based on your recent playtime. You did start playing at the beginning of mai but i’d like to first have you go a month with consistent activity, which more or less is not exactly a thing right now, before giving you my +1. Will be happy to change this though once you proof that you are consistently interested in playing.
It is very important that you get to know the community that you then admin. We’ve changed alot, in regards to community, rules/policies wise but also as a staff team. I really don’t feel great giving you a +1 because of that.

T: -1

It would help alot if you could get a little more recent playtime in. You dont have to play every day but I can see some gaps. Maby try to re-apply next month so we can better gauge activity?

it’s been nearly a month since I posted this app

6 Likes

I feel your pain

For some input, While Pixel was admin they where pretty good if I recall. I cant vote but If I could it would be a +1 for sure. I hope the heads and other 'mins get round to this soon

Hello, I had to wait a few days to check the recent activity, and it seems good to me! I’ll give you a +1 :muscle: :muscle:
Good luck with the application!
T: 0

1 Like

Recent playtime is more than enough for me.
Although I’ll admit that I really don’t remember anything about you as an admin. (Sorry!)
As such I have a few basic questions.

• You receive an ahelp from a Station Engineer complaining that the Mime is murderboning. Upon checking the mimes logs you can see them killing the Station Engineer along with an Assistant that tried to stop them. The Mime’s objectives are to steal the Hypospray and to assassinate a Botanist. Rules broken if any?

• You witness someone beat a Mime to death completely unprovoked. When questioned they adamantly claim that the Mime had spoken and was therefor valid. Rules broken if any?

• A roundstart Assistant spawns in, then immediately goes to dorms and enters cryo. They then afk until the next round starts where they do the same thing again. Rules broken if any?

• You witness a Traitor maxcap the brig killing all of security. When questioned they claim the rules allow for security to be pre-emptively eliminated. Rules broken if any?

2 Likes

depends on several factors, antags are allowed to kill security staff or crew inside the department where their objective is, in here if for example mime was caught stealing the hypospray by the engineer and then tried to get rid of the witness, but messed up again and created another witness (the assistant) then the killing can be justified.
more so, isolated killings that assist the antag in their objective are justified, here this could be mime trying to quietly kill the engineer for tools, insulos, and the ID, but messed up and the rest is explained above, this again can be justified.
however, rulling also forbids acting in a way to intentionally create witnesses. for example, the mime randomly shooting engineer in the hallway, then letting him runaway to attract attention and then kill the rest of the people who saw them, this is clear murderboning.
overall, this can may be a breaking of antag conduct, or may not be.

this isn’t LRP era (RIP), mimes talking does not make them valid anymore and in fact normal crew members are not allowed to valid hunt. R8 is broken here.

farming antag rep moment, breaches rule 15 because it is repeatedly done and therefore they may get an antag ban. (will still try to catch them in ahelp and have a talk though, because I myself sometimes get a massive ping spike several rounds in a row, which makes the game unplayable)

it is true that the rules allow this but the rules also state that such methods must not be used to do this and bombing is exactly used as an example of “such methods”. maxcapping the security wing is only allowed if there is a good reason behind it and not because “redshirts inside, my job becomes easier”
breach of antag conduct.

no worries really, most of the admins I used to work with are not admin anymore and most of the players don’t know me either because I mainly tried to admin on Golden.

1 Like

let him in
+1

4 Likes

Great answer.

Good answer. Although funnily enough the mime validity rule used to apply on Sage because council rulings made no fucking sense.

Good.

Good.

Ah, yeah, that’s probably why then.
I was an admin at the same time you were but I usually stuck to Sage.

I’ll give this a +1 for the time being.

T:+2

4 Likes

Denying this due to a complete absence of recent activity. You’ve last logged into the server on the 22th of june.

Feel free to apply at a later date once you’re activity improves so that we can reasonably assume that you are fully back.