Pixelman77's adminship application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): pixelman77

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): pixelman

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): UTC+03:30
I can’t tell if I’ll be playing a day or not. Sometimes I play 10 hours a day, sometimes 1 hour, sometimes iI leave ss13 for sometimes to relax/ or when im unable to access to internet

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I think server is pretty good as it is. I might suggest new rules or else, but I don’t think I’ll bring anychanges

How old are you?: 18

Why do you want to be an admin?: many of the rounds that I play have no admin or only 1 admin which means they will be unable to solve the tickets in time. I was mhelped several times for ahelps since there was no admin. I might be able to help solve such problems.

How long have you been playing SS13?: my account is almost 2 years old but I started playing seriously since late 2019

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: around 230h

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: if you don’t count combat 6 or 7

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: I’ve never been an admin on a video game.
But I might go with 6 again

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: video games, no

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: no

Your strengths: I don’t easily trust people, I ask enough questions. I can usually control myself when angry.

Your weaknesses: sometimes I forgive too easily. This means some rule breakers may get less ban/note than they deserve from me

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: not that fast, but people breaking in places, stealing shit and doing worst things for the “meme” really gets on my nerves

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: compatibility and cooperation with other members

What makes a staff team good?: having members with different good traits, no human is perfect, that is one of the reasons we make teams

What is a staff team’s purpose?: making sure everybody are following the rules and keeping the rulekeepers safe from rule breakers. Keeping this community as safe and non-toxic.

What kind of player are you?: the too helpful kind that misses the shuttle cuz he was dragging a random injured person?

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I may become more serious

(Why these questions are still the same)

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: HOS gun in not a common item. if lost, it is nearly impossible to replace it without an admin, so therefor stealing it is considered self-antag. I will bwoink the clown about this and I will check if he has similar notes, if not, add a note and warn the clown about this, if yes and many, a ban for 2 to 7 days.
Also I will whisper to HOS to not run around with his gun in his hands. And i will bring the gun back if it is an antag objective and is out of current z level.

IF the spaced gun was a normal gun, it is IC and there is nothing wrong with it. And I’ll keep an eye on HOS in case he executes the clown for this.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: bwoink and ask for reason, if there is a MASSIVE threat to the station that has no other way to be avoided and that was the reason for the sabotage, and no one was harmed from this. It is fine.

If not, check notes, no notes? 1 day ban. Several notes? At least 7 days ban.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: IC issue. It was an accident, even if he did it to make a bomb and use it to grief later, I don’t think there is a way to prove this

I might end up being a bad admin, but I think trying as a trial min wouldn’t hurt

Looking good, but you might have been harsher on this non antag plasmaflooding.
Anyway, +2 from me

1 Like

I really like this app, 230 hours and your only note is for going on station as a hotel staff.
I wouldn’t mind seeing a trial period.

+1.5 from me (will go to 2 after questions, was writing some but they were way too harsh)

1 Like

Good app and from what I have seen on forums and in game an effective and responsible mentor.
+2

1 Like

Solid app, you seem like you have been quite effective as being a mentor.

Going to go ahead and thow in a +1.5 as there is always room for improvement.

2 Likes

Real solid app man. I’d love to have you on the team.

+1
T: +8

1 Like

Plasmaflooding requires a decent amount of knowledge and is one of the most destructive things someone can do. You need to be very harsh on people knowingly griefing the server, not a 1-week ban. How can someone stealing 1 item be the same as making the entire station uninhabitable?

Other than that it’s an alright app. The things I have mentioned before can easily be ironed out with some experience.

-1 for now

Questions:

MRP- Player A punches player B for taking the insulated gloves in the public tool storage at round start. Player B retaliates and punches them back and they get into a fistfight. Eventually, A kills B and B ahelps about being killed by A. How do you handle this?

LRP- E breaks into the Captain’s office and steals his bedsheet. The Captain sees this on his way out and attacks E. After getting hit a few times with a saber, E slips the Captain and kills him. The Captain ahelps the situation. What do you do?

MRP- An atmospheric technician (AT) plasmafloods the cult who are based around dorms and holobay. He kills a lot of cult but also kills a security officer and non-cult assistant. After talking with the AT a bit, he claims that he didn’t call the plasmaflood out on comms because he didn’t want the cult to run away. WYD?

1 Like

Well about the plasmaflood I agree I could be harsher.
About the gun, This

Rare or unique items such as the Wardens krav maga gloves, compact combat shotgun, or traitor objectives, are always self antagonising when stolen from someone or for no reason, unless there is an immediate purpose or need to steal said item. If the player cannot provide a valid reason, it is self antagonising behaviour. In the event the victim is walking around with it out, then it is not self antag if they are shoved over and drop it, unless they are actively using it and there is not a more pressing need for the tool.

So I read this part again and I think I need to expand this a bit:
Clown slipped the HOS who had his gun in his hand (unless the clown took the gun from his belt/back, in that casr it is always self-antag unless clown was an antag in the first place) this is not a problem, but we need to see:

1-was the station in danger and HOS was going to help? If yes clown self-antaged as stealing his gun may leave HOS less effective in combat ( I will probably go easy on this, sec heads usually don’t do anything of use to station)

2-was HOS using the gun? Chasing a suspect maybe, or maybe he took it out seconds earlier before arriving at a crime scene so he could surprise the suspects and get them before they run. If yes, clown self-antaged by interupting the arrest scene.

If neither were true and clown was fine, I still can’t accept him spacing the gun. While not ban worthy, I might give a note on MRP.

Now questions, oh boy here we go:

First I have to see if A is antag, if yes, ticket ignored and hope that the person doesn’t find out and salt about this everywhere?
If A is not antag I will see if A takes B to medbay, maybe the killing was an accident.
If not, person A did a massive over escalation by killing B for an unvalid reason. That makes a global ban for atleast 7 days and a MRP ban for at least 20 days (depending on notes)
In either way, A may have been self-antaged by attacking without a valid reason, I will check logs to see if the punch was misclick or with the wrong intent(stopping the attack immedietaley and standinf back can be a sign of this) if accident, both sides started to fight for selfdefense and no rules broken, if no, A did self antag and that gets a ban for at least 3 days

Uh well this is a tough one, I admit I will probably screw up here because I’ve never seen a similar situation on lrp.

Is E antag? If yes ignore
Did E took the cap to medbay after that? If yes ignore
Cap did not over escalate since his office is a high risk place and E made himself valid by breaking in there (by council ruling). And if E takes the cap to medbay everything will be fine.
I don’t think any rule is broken here, unless E had other obvious ways of self defense (like shove and run, table slam and cuff etc and since he killed cap by only shoving i beilieve he was robust enough to do one of these) or if he could explain himself before the attack and he didn’t. In that case it is self antag.

Unacceptable. He could easily pda sec and inform them to prevent people from going in or even infrom the AI (if AI laws allowed harming cultists) to get non cultists out and lock the rest in.
Also, this is not his job to deal with cult, but with you saying “he killed a lot of cult” I assume cult had a high amount of members and therefore station was in massive danger, which leaves the non sec free to act againts the cult.
This is considered self antag, I give him a global ban of 6 days and 15 days ban from atmo tech since plasma flooding is not a joke.

Seems a bit excessive. A note is usually enough if they don’t have a really long note history.

Looks good. I take it you’d punish them if they just left the Captain dead rather than healing them back up.

While your reasoning is there, things like this are generally allowed unless it causes massive collateral damage. Think of it like someone maxcapping the same base rather than plasmaflooding it.

1 Like

Ah yes I forgot to add my 4 line note check here. I rewrote question 1 and 2 like 5 times.

So you mean plasmafloodings like this are fine if the amount of non antag dead is not high?

local plasmaflood(using plasma canister) to kill cult/gangs/etc can be allowed. though its all situational and you need to be there to decide if atmos tech plasmaflooding cult can be considered as powergaming in this situation or no(since its mrp). though it usuallyno comes with practice. although I don’t like your answers on xlyana’s questions

1 Like

Total is currently T: +6

Vex: +2
Bacon: +1.5
Aeder: +2
Super: +1.5
Myself: +1
Xly: -1
Pit: -1

1 Like

+1 Good answers, notes and doesnt speak like a 12 year old.

Total: 7

1 Like

I don’t feel particularly comfortable giving a + or - of any kind; so I’ll leave my vote at a +0.

In response to your questions, they all look good - teleporting the gun back is a good idea. Even if it isn’t an antag objective though, I’d advise bringing it back if asked, since it is a rare and unique item and shouldn’t be spaced for no reason even as the Clown.

As for the chemist question, it seems good, although you could probably offer them guidance on how to do it.

As for the sabotaging the atmospherics loop - even if there is a massive threat to the station, the only times it really would be acceptable to do this is during Revs if you can confirm with near 100% certainty that everybody is converted, e.g, a subtlemessage from the admins telling you to stop stalling or similar. Sabotage of the atmospherics loop is extremely high tier grief and generally warrants lengthy bans, so keep that in mind.

As for your strengths and weaknesses, not easily trusting people isn’t always a strength - it can be a detriment. Being cautious to trust the word of people who have no reason to be trusted is one thing, but being unable to trust people at all is bad. Forgiving too easily is better than being overly harsh, though, so it isn’t that bad of a weakness.

Overall, it looks good, although I’m not really sure on what to give it - regardless it is at a +7, so this should get accepted shortly.

2 Likes

I’ll give my +1, think we should give him a shot at trial

1 Like

Bonk
I’ll still respond to questions if you guys have any more

+8, just let him be the fun police :flushed:

Accepting at a fairly positive score.